Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

« Reply #300 on: January 27, 2017, 09:09:18 PM »

Made myself a Pizza Napoletana from scratch. Buon apetito!

« Reply #301 on: January 27, 2017, 09:12:09 PM »

Can anyone compare the HN to something a little more mainstream I might have had?
Don't look at the light, Shank... He's Evil.

But seriously, I can't help you here. Haven't had an HN in a while but since you're not crazy about the MCIIs anyway, Room 101 may not be in your flavor profile.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #302 on: January 27, 2017, 09:18:05 PM »

Solid reasoning. Probably better ways to spend my money. I did really enjoy the G again today. I've had several over the years, and it's one that has grown on me. Thinking seriously about the Nubs before the mash is over.

What do you guys think is a good price on G robustos? I think $2 is probably OK. Not sure if they are available for that often (with a discount code, somewhere).

My only hesitation with the Nubs is the one review I read the guy said his 460 lasted nearly 2 hours. That's a little more than I'm usually willing to dedicate to a cigar. :)

« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2017, 09:24:04 PM »

Solid reasoning. Probably better ways to spend my money. I did really enjoy the G again today. I've had several over the years, and it's one that has grown on me. Thinking seriously about the Nubs before the mash is over.

What do you guys think is a good price on G robustos? I think $2 is probably OK. Not sure if they are available for that often (with a discount code, somewhere).

My only hesitation with the Nubs is the one review I read the guy said his 460 lasted nearly 2 hours. That's a little more than I'm usually willing to dedicate to a cigar. :)
I think the nubs are a good deal. They do take deceivingly long to smoke because of the thick ring guage. Couldn't tell you a good price for the Gs because I haven't bought them in forever. I think I paid $1.50 each for them in 2009, but I could just be talking out my ass. Dwgbryant can probably give you a better idea in the morning. I believe he smokes them regularly.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2017, 09:29:53 PM »

Cool.  The "cigarrillo" tins are on. They are the same size as the petit Corona at 4x38. Somehow I feel like the are smaller due to the name and the tin. Ha. They come to 1.26 ea. Im sure that is not that stellar a deal, tho.

« Reply #305 on: January 27, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »

Cool.  The "cigarrillo" tins are on. They are the same size as the petit Corona at 4x38. Somehow I feel like the are smaller due to the name and the tin. Ha. They come to 1.26 ea. Im sure that is not that stellar a deal, tho.
Are we still talking Gs?
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #306 on: January 27, 2017, 09:38:22 PM »

Heh. Ya.

« Reply #307 on: January 27, 2017, 09:42:01 PM »

Heh. Ya.
Never mind, I found them. Same size as the Oliva Connecticut Reserve Petit Corona. The only issue is that it's a large quantity.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #308 on: January 27, 2017, 09:44:10 PM »

Ya. Slightly cheaper per cigar. More of em. Ha. I just wonder how them being so much smaller affects the taste..

« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2017, 09:44:23 PM »

Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans

« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »

@shank, did you see this?   I have no idea if these are a good deal or a bad deal I don't smoke either of them.

http://www.cigarpage.com/dead-letters-o-and-g-turned-to-alphabet-soup.html

« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2017, 09:46:28 PM »

My advice would be to slow down. From what I can tell, you like Oliva and are meh on Room101. Smoke what you bought down, maybe save a few for aging, and be patient. New deals come all the time.

« Reply #312 on: January 27, 2017, 09:47:11 PM »

Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
Best cigar out there that size IMO are the Tat Petit Cazadores, no real contest although the Chupa Cabra was very good

« Reply #313 on: January 27, 2017, 09:49:02 PM »

Ya. Slightly cheaper per cigar. More of em. Ha. I just wonder how them being so much smaller affects the taste..
You will really taste the wrapper which is arguably the most flavorful leaf. A lot of the guys on here, including me, enjoy the smaller ring guages for that reason. Plus, I'd personally rather smoke two smaller cigars than one big one.

« Reply #314 on: January 27, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »

Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
You enabling bastard.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23