Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »

They have been running these adds for months. Seems legit, aside from the fact that they provide an email only for contact. I may check it out in more detail when the weather warms up. I may buy it if I can do it in person, or verify legitimacy somehow.
Probably a profitable sideline. Pick up used wine storage refrigerators, build them out, and sell for twice the price. Easier to do in Cali, lots and lots of those fridges.

Just due to the population size? They're always the same brand, though. The one add says "open box" but I suspect they're buying 'em in bulk from China.
Population size, relative wealth, one of the best wine regions in the world, and greater proportion of wine snobs. Up here, it's more about beer than wine.
It all makes sense. My last job before returning to school was as an equipment rep up in Sonoma County. I spent at least 1 day a week driving through the Dry Creek, Alexander, and Sonoma Valley wine areas. Beautiful countryside, and great clients. Very friendly people up there. I do miss it.
It is nice up there.  I lived in Three Rivers at the entrance to Sequoia National Park for about 7 months when they were rebuilding the park road.  Took a couple of long weekend trips up to the wine country.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »

Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.

« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:43 PM »

[...]

Also a matter that a wine fridge is not much needed in western WA. Mean average temp around 38°. It can get warm in the summers, but easy to find a dark place in most houses where the wine won't overheat.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »

[...]

Nice. I need to get up to the National Park region for a motorcycle tour sometime soon...
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2017, 07:13:10 PM »

Alright, all. Headed out for dinner with my munchkin. Catch you guys later!

« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2017, 07:16:51 PM »

Alright, all. Headed out for dinner with my munchkin. Catch you guys later!
Enjoy.

« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2017, 07:46:52 PM »

Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
Bring a weapon with you.

« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »

Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
Bring a weapon with you.
He is in California and they don't allow that.

« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2017, 08:20:48 PM »

Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
make sure you're armed. a lot of crazies out there waiting to rip someone off.

« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2017, 08:23:44 PM »

Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
Bring a weapon with you.
He is in California and they don't allow that.
that's right, they only allow criminals to carry guns.

« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »

I'm beat, calling it a day. see ya'll tomorrow.

« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »

I'm beat, calling it a day. see ya'll tomorrow.
Good night Dean'O

« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »

Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale

« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »

Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2017, 09:07:10 PM »

Can anyone compare the HN to something a little more mainstream I might have had?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23