CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: 1/27/2017  (Read 23233 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »

They have been running these adds for months. Seems legit, aside from the fact that they provide an email only for contact. I may check it out in more detail when the weather warms up. I may buy it if I can do it in person, or verify legitimacy somehow.
Probably a profitable sideline. Pick up used wine storage refrigerators, build them out, and sell for twice the price. Easier to do in Cali, lots and lots of those fridges.

Just due to the population size? They're always the same brand, though. The one add says "open box" but I suspect they're buying 'em in bulk from China.
Population size, relative wealth, one of the best wine regions in the world, and greater proportion of wine snobs. Up here, it's more about beer than wine.
It all makes sense. My last job before returning to school was as an equipment rep up in Sonoma County. I spent at least 1 day a week driving through the Dry Creek, Alexander, and Sonoma Valley wine areas. Beautiful countryside, and great clients. Very friendly people up there. I do miss it.
It is nice up there.  I lived in Three Rivers at the entrance to Sequoia National Park for about 7 months when they were rebuilding the park road.  Took a couple of long weekend trips up to the wine country.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »

Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:43 PM »

They have been running these adds for months. Seems legit, aside from the fact that they provide an email only for contact. I may check it out in more detail when the weather warms up. I may buy it if I can do it in person, or verify legitimacy somehow.
Probably a profitable sideline. Pick up used wine storage refrigerators, build them out, and sell for twice the price. Easier to do in Cali, lots and lots of those fridges.

Just due to the population size? They're always the same brand, though. The one add says "open box" but I suspect they're buying 'em in bulk from China.
Population size, relative wealth, one of the best wine regions in the world, and greater proportion of wine snobs. Up here, it's more about beer than wine.
It all makes sense. My last job before returning to school was as an equipment rep up in Sonoma County. I spent at least 1 day a week driving through the Dry Creek, Alexander, and Sonoma Valley wine areas. Beautiful countryside, and great clients. Very friendly people up there. I do miss it.
Also a matter that a wine fridge is not much needed in western WA. Mean average temp around 38°. It can get warm in the summers, but easy to find a dark place in most houses where the wine won't overheat.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »

It is nice up there.  I lived in Three Rivers at the entrance to Sequoia National Park for about 7 months when they were rebuilding the park road.  Took a couple of long weekend trips up to the wine country.

Nice. I need to get up to the National Park region for a motorcycle tour sometime soon...

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2017, 07:13:10 PM »

Alright, all. Headed out for dinner with my munchkin. Catch you guys later!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2017, 07:16:51 PM »

Alright, all. Headed out for dinner with my munchkin. Catch you guys later!
Enjoy.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2017, 07:46:52 PM »

Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
Bring a weapon with you.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »

Bring a weapon with you.
He is in California and they don't allow that.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2017, 08:20:48 PM »

make sure you're armed. a lot of crazies out there waiting to rip someone off.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2017, 08:23:44 PM »

Bring a weapon with you.
He is in California and they don't allow that.
that's right, they only allow criminals to carry guns.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »

I'm beat, calling it a day. see ya'll tomorrow.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »

I'm beat, calling it a day. see ya'll tomorrow.
Good night Dean'O

sfish

« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »

Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »

Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2017, 09:07:10 PM »

Can anyone compare the HN to something a little more mainstream I might have had?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23