CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: 1/27/2017  (Read 23216 times)

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »

Tony: Ya. I should slow down. I keep telling myself it's the last order until I smoke what I've got. Buying is in some ways more fun than smoking. You are right, though.  I've enjoyed most Olivas. The least favorite of what I've had since revisiting cigars have been 101s. I'd probably buy the Gs if not for another $~65 or so. Ya. I'm outta control haha.

TexRed: I did check it out. Nothing that was particlarly enticing price-wise.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #316 on: January 27, 2017, 09:54:23 PM »

Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
Best cigar out there that size IMO are the Tat Petit Cazadores, no real contest although the Chupa Cabra was very good
What were your thoughts on the Drew Estate Liga Privada Papi Chulo?

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #317 on: January 27, 2017, 09:55:54 PM »

I've got plenty to smoke and enjoy. Nearly all my stash right now is quality stuff. Worst of the lot are probably the Gran Habano samplers.  I remembered the line being better than it is.

sfish

« Reply #318 on: January 27, 2017, 10:24:03 PM »

I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
Best cigar out there that size IMO are the Tat Petit Cazadores, no real contest although the Chupa Cabra was very good
Papas Fritas? Have you been drinking? I like them but the Tats are my favorite small cigar by far

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #319 on: January 27, 2017, 10:24:44 PM »

I've got plenty to smoke and enjoy. Nearly all my stash right now is quality stuff. Worst of the lot are probably the Gran Habano samplers.  I remembered the line being better than it is.
That happens sometimes. Haven't had a Gran Habano in a long time but tastes change too.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #320 on: January 27, 2017, 10:25:28 PM »

Papas Fritas? Have you been drinking? I like them but the Tats are my favorite small cigar by far
I knew it didn't look right.  Hahaha.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #321 on: January 27, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »

That happens sometimes. Haven't had a Gran Habano in a long time but tastes change too.

Ya. I can't remember what all I had once upon a time. The 3 Siglos was a staple for a while for me. THen they switched to the 3 SLS, which I hadn't had. Of this sampler I've had the Corojo 5, the connie, and the Aztec. None were quite what I hoped.

The La Palina Classic I just fired up IS quite nice, though!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #322 on: January 27, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »

Ya. I can't remember what all I had once upon a time. The 3 Siglos was a staple for a while for me. THen they switched to the 3 SLS, which I hadn't had. Of this sampler I've had the Corojo 5, the connie, and the Aztec. None were quite what I hoped.

I enjoy the La Palinas too but they're a bit pricey. I gave up on Gran Habano a while back. I think I still have an old 3 Siglos hidden somewhere and I'll put it on my short list.  😉

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2017, 10:48:59 PM »

I enjoy the La Palinas too but they're a bit pricey. I gave up on Gran Habano a while back. I think I still have an old 3 Siglos hidden somewhere and I'll put it on my short list.  😉

I picked up this fiver a week or so ago for 17.50 at the encouragement of banterers. Sometimes ya gotta treat yo' self! Haha

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #324 on: January 27, 2017, 10:54:54 PM »

I picked up this fiver a week or so ago for 17.50 at the encouragement of banterers. Sometimes ya gotta treat yo' self! Haha
$3.50 each is a great deal.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2017, 10:59:21 PM »

$3.50 each is a great deal.

Had I known they were this good I'd have bought 2!

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2017, 11:00:41 PM »

...hah.... there I go. There will be others. :) I still have soooo many I haven't even tried or have had only 1 or 2 of...

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #327 on: January 27, 2017, 11:03:18 PM »

Alright, I'm putting it in writing so it's binding: no buying cigars for "a while." I've got plenty to work with for now. :)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #328 on: January 27, 2017, 11:18:54 PM »

Alright, I'm putting it in writing so it's binding: no buying cigars for "a while." I've got plenty to work with for now. :)
I'll believe it when I see it.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #329 on: January 27, 2017, 11:25:10 PM »

I'll believe it when I see it.

I HAVE held off on both the $4 Laranjas and the G shorties... It's a good thing the V double robo tubos are gone, though, or I'd probably have a third box of those coming. Wedding buddy (who is in Canada) was asking about sending him cigars today. He's who I had the second box in mind for. Not sure I'll give him the box, but I will be taking a selection when I head up for his bach.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23