Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2016, 06:45:02 PM »

Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
The ‘augmented reality’ mobile game Pokémon Go, which uses the player’s smartphone camera to ‘add’ Pokémon to real-world locations, has ties to the CIA.

The developer of Pokémon Go, Niantic, Inc., was founded by John Hanke, who previously received funding from the CIA’s venture capital firm In-Q-Tel to develop what eventually became Google Earth.

In-Q-Tel was once described as an “independent strategic investment firm that identifies innovative technology solutions to support the missions of the U.S. Intelligence Community.”

It’s easy to see why the CIA would have an interest in the software behind Pokémon Go; the game utilizes the player’s camera and gyroscope to display an image of a Pokémon as though it were in the real world, such as the player’s apartment complex or workplace bathroom.

Software like that could theoretically turn millions of smartphone users into ‘Imperial probe droids’ who take real-time, ground-level footage of their cities and homes, reaching into dark alleyways and basements which spy satellites and Google cars can’t reach.

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2016, 06:50:01 PM »

[...]

Whoa, could you post the link to that article?

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2016, 07:37:47 PM »

[...]

http://www.infowars.com/pokemon-go-linked-to-cia/

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »

I haven't been on here much lately.  I just haven't been able to get into the mood to banter.

On April 22 my wife turned 62 years old.  By the end of the week, April 29th, my wife was fired from her job that she loved very much at CVS.  My wife was working with a newly hired employee that was just there to get her paycheck.  She snuck off and hid out in the store room, slept in the bathroom, wouldn't do what she was told, talk on her phone and text messaged all of the time, and they even photographed her a few time sleeping at the cash register with customers in the background asking if she was ok, or needed to go to the hospital.  But she was just sleeping.

They fired her, but before she left she tried to get as many people as she could fired too.  So they check the video on my wife for the past 3 months and found that she had bought a homeless man a soda and had used her rewards card while making the purchase.  Well, it's against company policy to use your card for other people, which they feel is stealing.  I guess she got a $0.20-$0.30 cent discount on the purchase which was enough reason for them to fire her.  Also, you don't get unemployment for thief, which went on the report.  And she has never stole a thing in her life.  Anyway, we've been going through that mess for the past 2-3 months with appeals and such, but know we're at a dead end.  What a bunch of bull shit...!

Anyway, that's another one of the many reasons I just haven't felt like getting onto the computer or doing anything else at the moment...  Does she find another job, or retire on her little Soc. Sec., since she's been a house wife all of her life and has not given that much to Soc. Sec. over the past 12 years.  I want her to work, she thinks 12 years is enough work for anybody.. sigh.
have your wife babysit the grandkids and you smoke cigars. maybe now without her little income she can drop her deadbeat brother and get that anchor off your back.

good morning BD.
I would take his advice....he knows!
+1

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2016, 08:28:58 PM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter

« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2016, 08:35:53 PM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2016, 09:14:35 PM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
You're never safe.  If you say something it will be used against you.  If you say nothing, they will just make shit up.

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
You're never safe.  If you say something it will be used against you.  If you say nothing, they will just make shit up.
Yes, but you're slightly safer if they make shit up, because you can legitimately deny it's true. If you tell them you don't give a shit about their chatter, you're just begging for disaster.

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2016, 09:30:58 PM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
You're never safe.  If you say something it will be used against you.  If you say nothing, they will just make shit up.
Yes, but you're slightly safer if they make shit up, because you can legitimately deny it's true. If you tell them you don't give a shit about their chatter, you're just begging for disaster.
Unless as in my case, they go to a shrink, then he validates the made up shit and well...

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
You're never safe.  If you say something it will be used against you.  If you say nothing, they will just make shit up.
Yes, but you're slightly safer if they make shit up, because you can legitimately deny it's true. If you tell them you don't give a shit about their chatter, you're just begging for disaster.
Unless as in my case, they go to a shrink, then he validates the made up shit and well...
Oof! It seems we're doomed no matter what.

« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2016, 10:31:15 PM »

Since this is a cigar website I'll say this... Had a Graycliff Profesionale Series (blue label) robusto this evening. What a piece of shit.

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2016, 10:50:47 PM »

Since this is a cigar website I'll say this... Had a Graycliff Profesionale Series (blue label) robusto this evening. What a piece of shit.
I will take your word for it with no need to try for myself.

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2016, 10:52:07 PM »

[...]

That's my feeling, but applaud and respect the alternative position taken by Mr. Raz.  I remain optimistic on that front.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]