CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 29, 2016, 12:00:23 AM

Title: 10/29/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on October 29, 2016, 12:00:23 AM
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 12:01:32 AM
Make my jambalaya a double.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2016, 05:07:06 AM
Make my jambalaya a double.
This is a clever hint that there's a jam, right?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2016, 05:16:07 AM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:02:29 AM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
good morning RazMan.
so what are you so pissed about?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:21:17 AM
good morning. CCom American Label house blend and coffee. not a bad smoke.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:29:34 AM
Indians edge Cubs 1-0 at Wrigley Field for 2-1 Series lead Indians edge Cubs 1-0 at Wrigley Field for 2-1 Series.

Fuk'n Cleveland, Sheesh!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:29:58 AM
good morning. CCom American Label house blend and coffee. not a bad smoke.
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 06:32:44 AM
Morning Dave, Dean. 2 of 3 kids up last night puking, and I'm not feeling so hot myself. Sheesh!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:35:57 AM
63° and damp. 100% humidity.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:37:26 AM
Morning Dave, Dean. 2 of 3 kids up last night puking, and I'm not feeling so hot myself. Sheesh!
oh boy! not good. I myself woke up with a hell of a headache. hoping the coffee and cigar will help.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:42:50 AM
Morning Golf, raging stomach viruses are not pleasant
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:43:51 AM
Looks like the Jam has continued
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:45:10 AM
63° and damp. 100% humidity.
64 here but "only" 89% humidity
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:51:36 AM
paying bills. 😕
at least I'll have 42% of my monthly income left over.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:51:40 AM
October 29 is......... Internet Day

History of Internet Day

Internet Day celebrates the origin of the very first internet transmission ever sent, and from it the utterly world-changing series of events that followed. People are able to video conference from around the world, and the information is stored and transmitted at unbelievable rates between computers and friends and family. Enhanced Reality is becoming a reality, with Digital Overlays available for real world things, seamlessly combining the world of the internet with the one we walk around in every day.

Hard to believe that the first internet transmission was sent just months after Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. The internet is already slightly extra-terrestrial, with video and communication available to the astronauts and space stations circling in low-earth orbit.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:52:12 AM
paying bills. 😕
at least I'll have 1/3 of my monthly income left over.
Not bad at all
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:54:03 AM
Ambulance Helicopter just made a pickup at our little airport.  That should have woke all the sleeping bastiges up, but fortunately the Warden slept right through it.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:58:08 AM
A block down the street from my office, yes by the so called "homeless shelters".

East 7th St. alley posing problems for businesses, police

http://kxan.com/2016/10/28/east-7th-st-alley-posing-problems-for-businesses-police/

Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:59:37 AM

2-star general about to assume command of Army Space and Missile Defense Command commits suicide. Lots of mighty curious happenings amongst the U.S. military’s general staff lately. Now we have a general just about to get his third star and take over one of the Army’s top-dog positions suddenly committing suicide?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 07:12:29 AM
A block down the street from my office, yes by the so called "homeless shelters".

East 7th St. alley posing problems for businesses, police

http://kxan.com/2016/10/28/east-7th-st-alley-posing-problems-for-businesses-police/
$75,000 each for a HALO camera? holy shit!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 07:17:23 AM

2-star general about to assume command of Army Space and Missile Defense Command commits suicide. Lots of mighty curious happenings amongst the U.S. military’s general staff lately. Now we have a general just about to get his third star and take over one of the Army’s top-dog positions suddenly committing suicide?
maybe his name came up in the Weiner/Clinton email fiasco.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:21:19 AM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
good morning RazMan.
so what are you so pissed about?
Sounds like he was pissed that he couldn't fall asleep.

Me? I'm generally pissed off at life but more so this morning because the wife's alarm was going off like gangbusters downstairs and apparently I'm the only one who could here it.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 07:21:56 AM

2-star general about to assume command of Army Space and Missile Defense Command commits suicide. Lots of mighty curious happenings amongst the U.S. military’s general staff lately. Now we have a general just about to get his third star and take over one of the Army’s top-dog positions suddenly committing suicide?
maybe his name came up in the Weiner/Clinton email fiasco.
Not out of the question but that is a criminal act, probably includes espionage and/or treason - not a fiasco.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 07:22:44 AM
[...]

Morning justifiably grumpy Mayor.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:24:06 AM
Morning Dave, Dean. 2 of 3 kids up last night puking, and I'm not feeling so hot myself. Sheesh!
That's the worst. My 2nd daughter hasn't been the same since last year when she had it. You feel so helpless. Hope everyone feels better, real soon.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:24:48 AM
October 29 is......... Internet Day

History of Internet Day

Internet Day celebrates the origin of the very first internet transmission ever sent, and from it the utterly world-changing series of events that followed. People are able to video conference from around the world, and the information is stored and transmitted at unbelievable rates between computers and friends and family. Enhanced Reality is becoming a reality, with Digital Overlays available for real world things, seamlessly combining the world of the internet with the one we walk around in every day.

Hard to believe that the first internet transmission was sent just months after Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. The internet is already slightly extra-terrestrial, with video and communication available to the astronauts and space stations circling in low-earth orbit.
Thanks, Al Gore.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:26:25 AM
Good morning, Dean, TXDave, and LTG.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:29:44 AM
I'm such a hypochondriac that I'm feeling nausea now. Thanks, LTG.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 07:32:40 AM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 07:33:34 AM
Morning Dave, Dean. 2 of 3 kids up last night puking, and I'm not feeling so hot myself. Sheesh!
The family that shares....
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:33:37 AM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Who do you think pissed him off?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 07:37:26 AM
Morning Dean, CarolinaDave, IndiansDave and GrumpyMayor.  Do remember it is the weekend.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 07:39:15 AM
Today is Saturday, Oct. 29, the 303rd day of 2016. There are 63 days left in the year.

Today's Highlights in History:

On Oct. 29, 1956, during the Suez Canal crisis, Israel invaded Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. "The Huntley-Brinkley Report" premiered as NBC's nightly television newscast.

On this date:

In 1618, Sir Walter Raleigh, the English courtier, military adventurer and poet, was executed in London for treason.

In 1787, the opera "Don Giovanni" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart had its world premiere in Prague.

In 1891, actress, comedian and singer Fanny Brice was born in New York.

In 1901, President William McKinley's assassin, Leon Czolgosz (CHAWL'-gahsh), was electrocuted.

In 1929, Wall Street crashed on "Black Tuesday," heralding the start of America's Great Depression.

In 1940, a blindfolded Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson drew the first number - 158 - from a glass bowl in America's first peacetime military draft.

In 1964, thieves made off with the Star of India and other gems from the American Museum of Natural History in New York. (The Star and most of the other gems were recovered; three men were convicted of stealing them.)

In 1979, on the 50th anniversary of the great stock market crash, anti-nuclear protesters tried but failed to shut down the New York Stock Exchange.

In 1987, following the confirmation defeat of Robert H. Bork to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, President Ronald Reagan announced his choice of Douglas H. Ginsburg, a nomination that fell apart over revelations of Ginsburg's previous marijuana use. Jazz great Woody Herman died in Los Angeles at age 74.

In 1994, Francisco Martin Duran fired more than two dozen shots from a semiautomatic rifle at the White House. (Duran was later convicted of trying to assassinate President Bill Clinton and was sentenced to 40 years in prison.)

In 1998, Sen. John Glenn, at age 77, roared back into space aboard the shuttle Discovery, retracing the trail he'd blazed for America's astronauts 36 years earlier.

In 2012, Superstorm Sandy came ashore in New Jersey and slowly marched inland, devastating coastal communities and causing widespread power outages; the storm and its aftermath are blamed for at least 182 deaths in the U.S.

Ten years ago: The board of trustees of Gallaudet University, the nation's premier school for the deaf, voted to revoke the appointment of incoming president Jane Fernandes, who'd been the subject of protests. A Nigerian Boeing 737 jetliner crashed just after takeoff from Abuja airport, killing 96 of the 105 people on board. Brazil's president, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (loo-EEZ' ee-NAH'-see-oh LOO'-luh duh SEEL'-vuh), won re-election in a landslide.

Five years ago: A "white Halloween" storm with record-setting snowfalls brought down trees across the northeastern U.S., knocking out power to millions; 39 deaths were blamed on the weather. A grain elevator explosion in Atchison, Kansas, killed six people. A Taliban suicide bomber rammed a vehicle loaded with explosives into an armored NATO bus on a busy thoroughfare in Kabul, killing 17 people, including a dozen Americans. Joe Paterno broke Eddie Robinson's record for victories by a Division I coach with No. 409 in Penn State's sloppy 10-7 win over Illinois. Veteran British broadcaster Jimmy Savile, 84, died in Leeds, England, two days before his birthday. (Since then, there have been allegations that Savile had molested hundreds of children.)

One year ago: Paul Ryan was elected the 54th speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. Owen Labrie, a graduate of the exclusive St. Paul's School in Concord, New Hampshire, was sentenced to a year in jail for sexually assaulting a 15-year-old freshman girl as part of a competition among upperclassmen to rack up sexual conquests. (Labrie remains free pending appeal.) Florida executed Jerry Correll nearly three decades after he was convicted of fatally stabbing his ex-wife, young daughter and two in-laws. China said it would allow all married couples to have two children, signaling the end after 35 years to its drastic and unpopular "one-child" policy. American Simone Biles won her third straight world gymnastics title at the competition in Glasgow, Scotland.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 07:39:37 AM
Morning Dean, CarolinaDave, IndiansDave and GrumpyMayor.  Do remember it is the weekend.
Morning Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 07:39:48 AM
Today's Birthdays: Bluegrass singer-musician Sonny Osborne (The Osborne Brothers) is 79. Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is 78. Country singer Lee Clayton is 74. Rock musician Denny Laine is 72. Singer Melba Moore is 71. Musician Peter Green is 70. Actor Richard Dreyfuss is 69. Actress Kate Jackson is 68. Actor Dan Castellaneta (TV: "The Simpsons") is 59. Country musician Steve Kellough (Wild Horses) is 59. Comic strip artist Tom Wilson ("Ziggy") is 59. Actress Finola Hughes is 57. Singer Randy Jackson is 55. Rock musician Peter Timmins (Cowboy Junkies) is 51. Actress Joely Fisher is 49. Rapper Paris is 49. Actor Rufus Sewell is 49. Actor Grayson McCouch (mih-COOCH') is 48. Rock singer SA Martinez (311) is 47. Musician Toby Smith is 46. Actress Winona Ryder is 45. Actress Tracee Ellis Ross is 44. Actress Gabrielle Union is 44. Actor Trevor Lissauer is 43. Olympic gold medal bobsledder Vonetta Flowers is 43. Actress Milena Govich is 40. Actor Jon Abrahams is 39. Actor Brendan Fehr is 39. Actor Ben Foster is 36. Rock musician Chris Baio (Vampire Weekend) is 32. Actress India Eisley is 23.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 07:40:24 AM
Thought for Today: "Love is like a card trick. After you know how it works, it's no fun anymore." - Fanny Brice (1891-1951).
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:40:41 AM
Morning Dean, CarolinaDave, IndiansDave and GrumpyMayor.  Do remember it is the weekend.
How can I forget? 35° and the first soccer game is about to begin.

Good morning, NJDave.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 07:43:48 AM
I'm such a hypochondriac that I'm feeling nausea now. Thanks, LTG.
Lol, my bad.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:47:10 AM
Thought for Today: "Love is like a card trick. After you know how it works, it's no fun anymore." - Fanny Brice (1891-1951).
Can anyone explain to me how it works?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 07:54:52 AM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Who do you think pissed him off?
Could be, could be.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 07:56:53 AM
Thought for Today: "Love is like a card trick. After you know how it works, it's no fun anymore." - Fanny Brice (1891-1951).
Can anyone explain to me how it works?
Love Stinks - J Geils Band
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 07:58:12 AM
In case anyone forgot there was a jam going on... CI Legends by Drew Estate - 10 CIGARS (50% savings!) $34.99
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 08:11:09 AM
In case anyone forgot there was a jam going on... CI Legends by Drew Estate - 10 CIGARS (50% savings!) $34.99
Indeed!
"The thing is a monster in the sales department, with re-orders aplenty. I think it's safe to say the Copper Label is Drew Estate's top cigar on the market today."
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 08:13:02 AM
Weekend special of Brick House....48% off and still twice the price they should be.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 08:21:44 AM
Weekend special of Brick House....48% off and still twice the price they should be.
I am trying to figure out how the calculated the 48%, unless they are just making up a $90 value of the free Fumas and calling that a Brickhouse discount.  I call Bullshit but matters not to me I don't like Brickhouse Cigars anyway.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 08:33:18 AM
Weekend special of Brick House....48% off and still twice the price they should be.
I am trying to figure out how the calculated the 48%, unless they are just making up a $90 value of the free Fumas and calling that a Brickhouse discount.  I call Bullshit but matters not to me I don't like Brickhouse Cigars anyway.
I enjoy them, but those prices are borderline ridiculous.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 08:44:20 AM
Weekend special of Brick House....48% off and still twice the price they should be.
I am trying to figure out how the calculated the 48%, unless they are just making up a $90 value of the free Fumas and calling that a Brickhouse discount.  I call Bullshit but matters not to me I don't like Brickhouse Cigars anyway.
I enjoy them, but those prices are borderline ridiculous.
IMHO, I think they're mighty, mighty, just lettin' it all hang out.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 08:45:37 AM
Weekend special of Brick House....48% off and still twice the price they should be.
I am trying to figure out how the calculated the 48%, unless they are just making up a $90 value of the free Fumas and calling that a Brickhouse discount.  I call Bullshit but matters not to me I don't like Brickhouse Cigars anyway.
I enjoy them, but those prices are borderline ridiculous.
IMHO, I think they're mighty, mighty, just lettin' it all hang out.
Don't you have a soccer game to pay attention to? ::)
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 08:48:09 AM
Weekend special of Brick House....48% off and still twice the price they should be.
I am trying to figure out how the calculated the 48%, unless they are just making up a $90 value of the free Fumas and calling that a Brickhouse discount.  I call Bullshit but matters not to me I don't like Brickhouse Cigars anyway.
I enjoy them, but those prices are borderline ridiculous.
IMHO, I think they're mighty, mighty, just lettin' it all hang out.
Don't you have a soccer game to pay attention to? ::)
12 minutes until the start of game one. Next game starts an hour after that.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 08:58:53 AM
Weekend special of Brick House....48% off and still twice the price they should be.
I am trying to figure out how the calculated the 48%, unless they are just making up a $90 value of the free Fumas and calling that a Brickhouse discount.  I call Bullshit but matters not to me I don't like Brickhouse Cigars anyway.
I enjoy them, but those prices are borderline ridiculous.
IMHO, I think they're mighty, mighty, just lettin' it all hang out.
Don't you have a soccer game to pay attention to? ::)
12 minutes until the start of game one. Next game starts an hour after that.
Hope you had a good breakfast.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2016, 08:59:51 AM
Weekend special of Brick House....48% off and still twice the price they should be.
I am trying to figure out how the calculated the 48%, unless they are just making up a $90 value of the free Fumas and calling that a Brickhouse discount.  I call Bullshit but matters not to me I don't like Brickhouse Cigars anyway.
I enjoy them, but those prices are borderline ridiculous.
IMHO, I think they're mighty, mighty, just lettin' it all hang out.
Don't you have a soccer game to pay attention to? ::)
You mean watching the seagulls flock?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 09:02:17 AM
Coffee Cigars and Thermos Bottles at the Daily Disappointment Page
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 09:08:49 AM
Coffee Cigars and Thermos Bottles at the Daily Disappointment Page
Yay, more Acids!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 09:15:21 AM
Coffee Cigars and Thermos Bottles at the Daily Disappointment Page
Yay, more Acids!
I am more excited to see more Nubs!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 09:15:56 AM
Coffee Cigars and Thermos Bottles at the Daily Disappointment Page
Yay, more Acids!
I am more excited to see more Nubs!
TNWSS
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 09:55:00 AM
Quality smokes Jamming - Mi Amor's at a whopping 10% off!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 10:18:45 AM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 10:56:50 AM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 11:06:37 AM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Women!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 11:10:15 AM
doing my firearms safety class Monday then Sheriffs office for fingerprints plus $102 to get my concealed/carry permit. seems pretty simple here. way different than NY.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 29, 2016, 11:10:36 AM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Women!
Indeed!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 29, 2016, 11:11:25 AM
doing my firearms safety class Monday then Sheriffs office for fingerprints plus $120 to get my concealed/carry permit. seems pretty simple here. way different than NY.
Dean packin' heat.  Just Choot'em.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 11:56:27 AM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Women!
Indeed!
And another Indeed!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 29, 2016, 12:06:44 PM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Women!
Indeed!
And another Indeed!
And Sheesh! for good measure.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Wonder if John also has a truck to haul the trailer and some free time too?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 01:17:22 PM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Wonder if John also has a truck to haul the trailer and some free time too?
That sounds like it makes way too much sense.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 01:33:51 PM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Wonder if John also has a truck to haul the trailer and some free time too?
That sounds like it makes way too much sense.
Have you heard how the girls are doing, back at home?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: sfish on October 29, 2016, 01:33:57 PM
Afternoon men, getting a haircut now, had flag football this morning and a wedding this evening. This is the wedding I bought the boxes of cigars for
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 01:35:17 PM
Afternoon men, getting a haircut now, had flag football this morning and a wedding this evening. This is the wedding I bought the boxes of cigars for
Sounds like fun. Can't believe you still know people who are getting married. Halloween theme?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 01:43:55 PM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Wonder if John also has a truck to haul the trailer and some free time too?
That sounds like it makes way too much sense.
Have you heard how the girls are doing, back at home?
They seem to be doing better. Had a little bit to eat, and are keeping it down, at last report. Hopefully it's a one and done type situation.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 01:46:09 PM
Afternoon men, getting a haircut now, had flag football this morning and a wedding this evening. This is the wedding I bought the boxes of cigars for
Afternoon, I'llHaveTheChickenANDTheSteakFish.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: sfish on October 29, 2016, 01:53:07 PM
Afternoon men, getting a haircut now, had flag football this morning and a wedding this evening. This is the wedding I bought the boxes of cigars for
Afternoon, I'llHaveTheChickenANDTheSteakFish.
Dave, this wedding is Rocco's from CFest. I almost forgot you guys met
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: sfish on October 29, 2016, 01:54:10 PM
Afternoon men, getting a haircut now, had flag football this morning and a wedding this evening. This is the wedding I bought the boxes of cigars for
Sounds like fun. Can't believe you still know people who are getting married. Halloween theme?
I know right? Not a Halloween theme thank god
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 01:55:08 PM
Afternoon men, getting a haircut now, had flag football this morning and a wedding this evening. This is the wedding I bought the boxes of cigars for
Afternoon, I'llHaveTheChickenANDTheSteakFish.
Dave, this wedding is Rocco's from CFest. I almost forgot you guys met
Very cool. Surprised someone wants to make an honest woman out of him.  ;D
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 02:36:42 PM
Afternoon men, getting a haircut now, had flag football this morning and a wedding this evening. This is the wedding I bought the boxes of cigars for
Sounds like fun. Can't believe you still know people who are getting married. Halloween theme?
I know right? Not a Halloween theme thank god
That's a plus. Kids going too or is this a date night?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2016, 02:49:58 PM
Can't believe I made it through the day, but I did, and without throwing up. Time to head home and do absolutely nothing until I have to be back for OT in the morning. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 29, 2016, 03:04:43 PM
[...]
Good news.  Wish I could spring back like kids do - like we used to do.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 03:16:59 PM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Wonder if John also has a truck to haul the trailer and some free time too?
yes he does......but John is legally blind and can't drive.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 03:19:02 PM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Wonder if John also has a truck to haul the trailer and some free time too?
yes he does......but John is legally blind and can't drive.
Sucks to be John. Sucks even more to be the redhead.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 03:20:05 PM
Can't believe I made it through the day, but I did, and without throwing up. Time to head home and do absolutely nothing until I have to be back for OT in the morning. Hazzuh!
Later, Golf. Keep away from that porcelain bus.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 03:29:38 PM
was sitting outside enjoying coffee and cigar with the lady and she says, "John has a small trailer you can borrow to bring yard sale stuff to the Hair Salon." long story short. she got pissed off and went home. I hate yard sales!!!! never asked if I would help. nothing! damned if I'm going to chase for a trailer, load, and unload yard sale crap, etc. it just ain't happening. she could borrow my truck if she wants but complain it's too big for her to drive let alone trying to hook up a trailer. would have been nice if she asked, but I still would have said no and the result would have been the same.
Wonder if John also has a truck to haul the trailer and some free time too?
yes he does......but John is legally blind and can't drive.
Sucks to be John. Sucks even more to be the redhead.
the lady, not the redhead. the redhead is wealthy and cares less about yard sales. it's not even the lady's yard sale so I don't know why she's involved.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2016, 03:48:52 PM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
good morning RazMan.
so what are you so pissed about?
Just one of those things. Definition of stress and all. Someone stepped on my last nerve and I'm not allowed to kill them.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2016, 03:51:36 PM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Who do you think pissed him off?
Pretty much.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 04:20:03 PM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Who do you think pissed him off?
Pretty much.
better to be pissed off than pissed on.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 05:33:12 PM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Who do you think pissed him off?
Pretty much.
better to be pissed off than pissed on.
Unless that's what you're into. We don't judge here.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2016, 05:35:01 PM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Who do you think pissed him off?
Pretty much.
better to be pissed off than pissed on.
Unless that's what you're into. We don't judge here.
I'm definitely not into that.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 05:53:00 PM
Tat Skinny Monster Jekyll Lit watching FL - GA Football.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 05:53:59 PM
T-bone steaks and baked potatoes for dinner tonight.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 05:55:22 PM
Very nice sunny and 86 degrees with a light breeze.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 05:56:37 PM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Who do you think pissed him off?
Pretty much.
better to be pissed off than pissed on.
Unless that's what you're into. We don't judge here.
I'm definitely not into that.
Oh good, because I was gonna take your access away.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 05:57:44 PM
T-bone steaks and baked potatoes for dinner tonight.
Mmmmmm. I had an "Italian" sub for lunch but I'm ready to eat again.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:01:09 PM
T-bone steaks and baked potatoes for dinner tonight.
Mmmmmm. I had an "Italian" sub for lunch but I'm ready to eat again.
I had fried shrimp for lunch so not hungry yet.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 06:01:14 PM
Very nice sunny and 86 degrees with a light breeze.
Actually warmed up pretty decently here. Getting ready for the last game of the day (cheerleading) which is being played 30 minutes away from here. I think the start is 7:30.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:04:16 PM
Very nice sunny and 86 degrees with a light breeze.
Actually warmed up pretty decently here. Getting ready for the last game of the day (cheerleading) which is being played 30 minutes away from here. I think the start is 7:30.
U got time for a corona in there
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:18:26 PM
Sitting here getting very, very drunk. It's 2am and I don't give a fuk. It's one of those "No matter how much I do it still isn't enough" kind of days. Since I'm a cyclothymic, you can make your own decision whether I'm having a depressive episode or I'm just pissed to hell off. I couldn't tell ya, myself. But it's okay. I've got bourbon, and I've got a new rifle, and I've got a Harley, and I've got money in the bank. I'm just not particularly happy at the moment. Four out of five ain't bad.

Don't worry, I'm not considering doing myself any harm, other than beating up on my liver. Time for a refill.
You left out the part about having a good lady....
Who do you think pissed him off?
Pretty much.
better to be pissed off than pissed on.
Unless that's what you're into. We don't judge here.
we don't? damn, I think I'm in the wrong banter.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:19:04 PM
[...]

Never ever
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:19:24 PM
T-bone steaks and baked potatoes for dinner tonight.
Mmmmmm. I had an "Italian" sub for lunch but I'm ready to eat again.
I had fried shrimp for lunch so not hungry yet.
hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions here.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:20:06 PM
You cooking tonight Dean'O?

Edit:  Never mind that question
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:21:17 PM
T-bone steaks and baked potatoes for dinner tonight.
Mmmmmm. I had an "Italian" sub for lunch but I'm ready to eat again.
I had fried shrimp for lunch so not hungry yet.
hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions here.
No crusty Italian bread?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2016, 06:22:10 PM
[...]

We judge your politics, cigars, booze, weight, looks, and guns. We don't care what you do with other consenting adults.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:26:55 PM
You cooking tonight Dean'O?

Edit:  Never mind that question
yep, all alone tonight too, for a change.
trying to decide on a holster. found a few I like but nothing that sits as low as I'd like. lady wants to know what I'll pay for the Taurus TCP .380, new is around $225-$300, used $175-$200. you would think with all the work I've done for her she'd just give it to me.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:28:14 PM
T-bone steaks and baked potatoes for dinner tonight.
Mmmmmm. I had an "Italian" sub for lunch but I'm ready to eat again.
I had fried shrimp for lunch so not hungry yet.
hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions here.
No crusty Italian bread?
hoagie rolls.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 06:30:27 PM
You cooking tonight Dean'O?

Edit:  Never mind that question
yep, all alone tonight too, for a change.
trying to decide on a holster. found a few I like but nothing that sits as low as I'd like. lady wants to know what I'll pay for the Taurus TCP .380, new is around $225-$300, used $175-$200. you would think with all the work I've done for her she'd just give it to me.
Obviously, you're not giving it to her good enough.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 06:31:23 PM
[...]

Do cuticles fall under looks? Just askin'.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 06:33:31 PM
Kuba kubas are up. Where's BD?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2016, 06:35:41 PM
[...]

If you're worrying about your cuticles, you're so far gone we consider you handicapped, and we definitely don't judge the handicapped.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:37:43 PM
[...]

Only according to Fish so No.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:41:41 PM
[...]

Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 06:47:38 PM
holster ordered:
http://www.readyholster.com/belt-clip-side-holster-for-taurus-tcp-pt-738-with-a-284-barrel-p-1099?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkdHABRCHiZ2gs6yGh50BEiQAA91Wlv0cJqtVNs-niI2Gvaer-oAPce2FouPWyCXNYiXpkpYaAhH_8P8HAQ
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:47:57 PM
Kuba kubas are up. Where's BD?
Dad likes Maduros
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 06:56:46 PM
Kuba kubas are up. Where's BD?
Dad likes Maduros
Cigars or women?
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:56:57 PM
holster ordered:
http://www.readyholster.com/belt-clip-side-holster-for-taurus-tcp-pt-738-with-a-284-barrel-p-1099?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkdHABRCHiZ2gs6yGh50BEiQAA91Wlv0cJqtVNs-niI2Gvaer-oAPce2FouPWyCXNYiXpkpYaAhH_8P8HAQ
You ready for shoot'n!

.380 is a very light caliber but with the right modern ammo it is quite effective at fairly short range.   That said high quality self Defence ammo is critical.

Here are a couple of very good suggestions: ( They are not cheap)

Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain FTX - A soft-plastic-tipped bullet

Speer 90 grain Gold Dot JHP

Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 06:57:34 PM
Kuba kubas are up. Where's BD?
Dad likes Maduros
Cigars or women?
Both maybe
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 07:01:55 PM
Go Cubs!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 07:10:38 PM
holster ordered:
http://www.readyholster.com/belt-clip-side-holster-for-taurus-tcp-pt-738-with-a-284-barrel-p-1099?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkdHABRCHiZ2gs6yGh50BEiQAA91Wlv0cJqtVNs-niI2Gvaer-oAPce2FouPWyCXNYiXpkpYaAhH_8P8HAQ
You ready for shoot'n!

.380 is a very light caliber but with the right modern ammo it is quite effective at fairly short range.   That said high quality self Defence ammo is critical.

Here are a couple of very good suggestions: ( They are not cheap)

Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain FTX - A soft-plastic-tipped bullet

Speer 90 grain Gold Dot JHP

thanks. pricing doesn't seem terribly high.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 07:16:55 PM
holster ordered:
http://www.readyholster.com/belt-clip-side-holster-for-taurus-tcp-pt-738-with-a-284-barrel-p-1099?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkdHABRCHiZ2gs6yGh50BEiQAA91Wlv0cJqtVNs-niI2Gvaer-oAPce2FouPWyCXNYiXpkpYaAhH_8P8HAQ
You ready for shoot'n!

.380 is a very light caliber but with the right modern ammo it is quite effective at fairly short range.   That said high quality self Defence ammo is critical.

Here are a couple of very good suggestions: ( They are not cheap)

Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain FTX - A soft-plastic-tipped bullet

Speer 90 grain Gold Dot JHP

thanks. pricing doesn't seem terribly high.
I would get a box of each and see which ones it likes better for both function and accuracy.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 07:21:31 PM
holster ordered:
http://www.readyholster.com/belt-clip-side-holster-for-taurus-tcp-pt-738-with-a-284-barrel-p-1099?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkdHABRCHiZ2gs6yGh50BEiQAA91Wlv0cJqtVNs-niI2Gvaer-oAPce2FouPWyCXNYiXpkpYaAhH_8P8HAQ
You ready for shoot'n!

.380 is a very light caliber but with the right modern ammo it is quite effective at fairly short range.   That said high quality self Defence ammo is critical.

Here are a couple of very good suggestions: ( They are not cheap)

Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain FTX - A soft-plastic-tipped bullet

Speer 90 grain Gold Dot JHP

Hornady claims that the terminal performance of Critical Defense ammunition is, "Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather." And, "The FTX bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities."
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 07:30:20 PM
[...]

Gurkha claims they are the best cigar too. ::)

Pay no attention to manufacturers hype.  Both are excellent ammo, you live in the south so heavy clothing is somewhat less of an issue.   Main thing between the two is which one does the gun like best.  Most police forces use Speer Gold Dot ammo.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 07:43:24 PM
[...]

but the rednecks down here have thick skin! 😄
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 07:45:29 PM
Go Cubs!
go Injuns'
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 08:01:24 PM
2014 version of Godzilla on now!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 08:20:25 PM
Good Steaks!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 08:24:54 PM
the Cubs are hitting tonight.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 08:35:20 PM
the Cubs are hitting tonight.
Unlike last night!
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 08:42:07 PM
slow here tonight.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 08:48:52 PM
El Rey del Mundo robusto and coffee here. an old favorite of mine.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 08:49:50 PM
slow here tonight.
Always slow here at night
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 29, 2016, 08:52:59 PM
the Cubs are hitting tonight.
Unlike last night!
They are sure not hitting enough
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 08:56:51 PM
the Cubs are hitting tonight.
Unlike last night!
They are sure not hitting enough
early yet.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 09:20:52 PM
ouch.
and no fight.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 10:25:45 PM
Godzilla saved California.
all is right in the world again.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2016, 10:40:15 PM
7-2 Injuns' in the 7th.
Title: Re: 10/29/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2016, 11:38:06 PM
7-2 Injuns' in the 7th.
And that's how it ended. Another fine performance by Kluber.