CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 21, 2017, 12:00:56 AM

Title: 3/21/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on March 21, 2017, 12:00:56 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 21, 2017, 12:45:12 AM
ALERT:  CI Daily Banter is missing!
I thought that happened weeks ago.
Nothing at all there now.  It's completely blank.  Hiya Tony oh ye of great foresight
I hadn't been on there in forever, plus I don't have/want a Facebook account, but I'm able to see a few comments under the "Daily Banter" tab. This might just be you, Mikey.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 21, 2017, 01:14:06 AM
ALERT:  CI Daily Banter is missing!
I thought that happened weeks ago.
Nothing at all there now.  It's completely blank.  Hiya Tony oh ye of great foresight
I hadn't been on there in forever, plus I don't have/want a Facebook account, but I'm able to see a few comments under the "Daily Banter" tab. This might just be you, Mikey.
Stranger than science.  Musta been something I said.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 05:08:38 AM
Two-Turd-Tuesday!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 05:10:24 AM
Morning Slackers!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 05:12:58 AM
Dumbass Criminal of the Day. (Somebody had to have tipped the cops off, probably whoever sold it to him)

Pilot with 230 lbs. of marijuana on board arrested at Llano airport

http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/pilot-arrested-after-disappearing-off-radar-over-central-texas/

Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 05:54:38 AM
Work Time!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:02:13 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:03:21 AM
Today is Tuesday, March 21, the 80th day of 2017. There are 285 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On March 21, 1952, the Moondog Coronation Ball, considered the first rock and roll concert, took place at Cleveland Arena.

On this date:

In 1556, Thomas Cranmer, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, was burned at the stake for heresy.

In 1685, composer Johann Sebastian Bach was born in Eisenach, Germany.

In 1804, the French civil code, or the "Code Napoleon" as it was later called, was adopted.

In 1925, Tennessee Gov. Austin Peay (pee) signed the Butler Act, which prohibited the teaching of the Theory of Evolution in public schools. (Tennessee repealed the law in 1967.)

In 1935, Persia officially changed its name to Iran.

In 1946, the recently created United Nations Security Council set up temporary headquarters at Hunter College in The Bronx, New York.

In 1957, President Dwight D. Eisenhower and British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan began a four-day conference in Bermuda.

In 1963, the Alcatraz federal prison island in San Francisco Bay was emptied of its last inmates and closed at the order of Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy.

In 1972, the Supreme Court, in Dunn v. Blumstein, ruled that states may not require at least a year's residency for voting eligibility.

In 1981, Michael Donald, a black teenager in Mobile, Alabama, was abducted, tortured and killed by members of the Ku Klux Klan. (A lawsuit brought by Donald's mother, Beulah Mae Donald, later resulted in a landmark judgment that bankrupted one Klan organization.)

In 1997, President Bill Clinton and Russian President Boris Yeltsin wrapped up their summit in Helsinki, Finland, still deadlocked over NATO expansion, but able to agree on slashing nuclear weapons arsenals.

In 2006, the social media website Twitter was established with the sending of the first "tweet" by co-founder Jack Dorsey, who wrote: "just setting up my twttr."
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:03:54 AM
Ten years ago: Former Vice President Al Gore made an emotional return to Congress as he pleaded with House and Senate committees to fight global warming; skeptical Republicans questioned the science behind his climate-change documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth."

Five years ago: A previously divided U.N. Security Council sent a strong and united message to the Syrian government and opposition to immediately implement proposals by international envoy Kofi Annan to end Syria's yearlong bloodshed. Meting out unprecedented punishment for a bounty system that targeted key opposing players, the NFL suspended New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton without pay for the coming season and indefinitely banned the team's former defensive coordinator; in addition to other sanctions, Commissioner Roger Goodell fined the Saints $500,000 and took away their second-round draft picks for the current year and the next.

One year ago: Laying bare a half-century of tensions, President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro prodded each other over human rights and the longstanding U.S. economic embargo during an unprecedented joint news conference in Havana. A former U.S. State Department employee who had used his government-issued computer to prey on vulnerable young women and manipulate them into sharing nude photos was sentenced in Atlanta to five years in federal prison.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:04:22 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Kathleen Widdoes is 78. Songwriter Chip Taylor ("Wild Thing") is 77. Folk-pop singer/musician Keith Potger (The Seekers) is 76. Actress Marie-Christine Barrault is 73. Singer-musician Rose Stone (Sly and the Family Stone) is 72. Actor Timothy Dalton is 71. Singer Ray Dorset (Mungo Jerry) is 71.Singer Eddie Money is 68. Rock singer-musician Roger Hodgson (Supertramp) is 67. Rock musician Conrad Lozano (Los Lobos) is 66. Rhythm-and-blues singer Russell Thompkins Jr. (The Stylistics) is 66. Comedy writer-performer Brad Hall is 59. Actress Sabrina LeBeauf is 59. Actor Gary Oldman is 59. Actress Kassie Depaiva ("Days of Our Lives") is 56. Actor Matthew Broderick is 55. Comedian-talk show host Rosie O'Donnell is 55. Rock musician Jonas "Joker" Berggren (Ace of Base) is 50. Rock MC Maxim (Prodigy) is 50. Rock musician Andrew Copeland (Sister Hazel) is 49. Hip-hop DJ Premier (Gang Starr) is 48. Actress Laura Allen is 43. Rapper-TV personality Kevin Federline is 39. Actor Scott Eastwood is 31. Actor Forrest Wheeler is 13.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:04:48 AM
Thought for Today: "History is principally the inaccurate narration of events which ought not to have happened." - Ernest Albert Hooten, American anthropologist (1887-1954).
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:05:50 AM
@CarolinaDave...how this the property meet with your son go yesterday?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: sfish on March 21, 2017, 06:20:38 AM
Good morning David
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:43:50 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: sfish on March 21, 2017, 06:45:24 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Not too bad, looking forward to Spring and getting outdoors
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:47:34 AM
Good that CI has the Weekend Spotlight working now... ::)
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:48:37 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Not too bad, looking forward to Spring and getting outdoors
This weekend looking to be a good one...well at least Saturday.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 06:50:06 AM
Morning Daves, Fish.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:51:27 AM
So Ice Hockey really, really finished now?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 06:52:05 AM
Morning WhosStayingHomeTodayDave.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: sfish on March 21, 2017, 06:53:08 AM
So Ice Hockey really, really finished now?
Yes, normally would have had practice last night. Just baseball ahead now but a light schedule for the next month
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:11:40 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Not too bad, looking forward to Spring and getting outdoors
Morning Fish,  Spring started yesterday so you can get outdoors now.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:12:09 AM
Good that CI has the Weekend Spotlight working now... ::)
Morning Travellin Dave, yeah those deals will be smoking hot I am sure.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:18:27 AM
1/2 day for me today, got to go home and tend to house chit.   Man what a pain in the ass it is selling a fuk'n house these days.  All this inspector bullshit is one big fuk'n scam!   Oh, there is a piece of duct tape stuck to a rafter and that could pose a hanging safety hazard and such shit!   Even though this house is 17 years old and immaculately maintained it does have signs that the oven may have been used multiple times...........
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 07:20:47 AM
Good morning Fishy and Daves.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 07:22:34 AM
1/2 day for me today, got to go home and tend to house chit.   Man what a pain in the ass it is selling a fuk'n house these days.  All this inspector bullshit is one big fuk'n scam!   Oh, there is a piece of duct tape stuck to a rafter and that could pose a hanging safety hazard and such shit!   Even though this house is 17 years old and immaculately maintained it does have signs that the oven may have been used multiple times...........
One of the biggest scams is buying title insurance.  Rates are fixed, no competition between companies like every other kind of insurance one buys.  You're buyer will have to pay it, but still a rip off.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:25:41 AM
1/2 day for me today, got to go home and tend to house chit.   Man what a pain in the ass it is selling a fuk'n house these days.  All this inspector bullshit is one big fuk'n scam!   Oh, there is a piece of duct tape stuck to a rafter and that could pose a hanging safety hazard and such shit!   Even though this house is 17 years old and immaculately maintained it does have signs that the oven may have been used multiple times...........
One of the biggest scams is buying title insurance.  Rates are fixed, no competition between companies like every other kind of insurance one buys.  You're buyer will have to pay it, but still a rip off.
Correct except it is normally paid by the seller not the buyer.  Ours was a smooth $3,700 which is $1,100 more than the seller paid for it from the same company when I bought the house.  I am splitting it with the buyer.

Very rarely is title insurance warranted within a long established city subdivision.

Edit:  guy I work with here sold his MIL's house and the inspector came up with 26 pages of things wrong about 10 items of which needed to be taken care of and would be. He showed me the list and it was totally absurd.  Buyer walked due to that.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 21, 2017, 07:25:55 AM
Good morning, ladies.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 21, 2017, 07:27:28 AM
ALERT:  CI Daily Banter is missing!
I thought that happened weeks ago.
Nothing at all there now.  It's completely blank.  Hiya Tony oh ye of great foresight
I hadn't been on there in forever, plus I don't have/want a Facebook account, but I'm able to see a few comments under the "Daily Banter" tab. This might just be you, Mikey.
Stranger than science.  Musta been something I said.
My version of Facebook messenger is no longer supported.  SHEESH!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:28:41 AM
Good morning, ladies.
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 07:31:23 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 07:34:31 AM
Good morning, ladies.
Morning Mayor
Morning Mayor T.  Still studying?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:38:50 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Wish I was her study buddy!

Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 07:40:23 AM
Morning CB and Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 07:42:38 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Damn, they're either oversexed or ....well.....married.....
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:43:30 AM
I need some breakfast, hungry this morning.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 21, 2017, 07:48:36 AM
Good morning, ladies.
Morning Mayor
Morning Mayor T.  Still studying?
A perpetual study machine.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 21, 2017, 07:49:14 AM
Morning CB and Mr. Bean.
Morning your travelingship.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 07:51:32 AM
ALERT:  CI Daily Banter is missing!
I thought that happened weeks ago.
Nothing at all there now.  It's completely blank.  Hiya Tony oh ye of great foresight
I hadn't been on there in forever, plus I don't have/want a Facebook account, but I'm able to see a few comments under the "Daily Banter" tab. This might just be you, Mikey.
Stranger than science.  Musta been something I said.
My version of Facebook messenger is no longer supported.  SHEESH!
Speaking of no longer supported, I get a letter from TxTag saying they were "upgrading" various toll systems around the state and "immediate attention required, have to call us".  So I did, typical 20 minute call with these douchebags, most of which on hold, only for them to tell me they are sending me new stickers which will work with the new readers.  WTF did I have to call them, they don't know my old stickers won't work with their new system?  Same story, different day with those schmucks.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 07:53:05 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Bam!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:53:34 AM
[...]
That is and always will be a fuct up operation, lowest- bid/highest-kickback contractor selections.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 07:55:26 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Wish I was her study buddy!
Yeah, how's a HS boy supposed to learn anything with that standing at the front of the classroom?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 21, 2017, 07:56:02 AM
[...]
New version of messenger takes an newer version of the iOS which won't install because it says my iPad isn't connected to the interweb.  Again Sheesh!  And they can GFT!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:57:59 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Wish I was her study buddy!
Yeah, how's a HS boy supposed to learn anything else with that standing at the front of the classroom?
Fixed it
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 08:00:37 AM
I need some breakfast, hungry this morning.
About to get me some biscuits with sausage gravy. Yum.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 08:04:25 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Wish I was her study buddy!
Yeah, how's a HS boy supposed to learn anything else with that standing at the front of the classroom?
Fixed it
School days, school days....sigh.... ::)
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 21, 2017, 08:04:34 AM
I need some breakfast, hungry this morning.
About to get me some biscuits with sausage gravy. Yum.
Gravy train stopping in Cleaveland.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 08:07:07 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Wish I was her study buddy!
Yeah, how's a HS boy supposed to learn anything else with that standing at the front of the classroom?
Fixed it
School days, school days....sigh.... ::)
But in our days we only dreamed of what never turned to reality.  (At least I thinks so anyway, hell it might have been going on and nobody knew about it since there was no instagram, snap or twitter to tell about it)
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 08:07:39 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 08:09:04 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Wish I was her study buddy!
Yeah, how's a HS boy supposed to learn anything else with that standing at the front of the classroom?
Fixed it
School days, school days....sigh.... ::)
But in our days we only dreamed of what never turned to reality.  (At least I thinks so anyway, hell it might have been going on and nobody knew about it since there was no instagram, snap or twitter to tell about it)
Yea, well growing up in the supposed free love era of the sixties and seventies, and I missed out on that as well.  Obviously travelled in the wrong circles...
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 21, 2017, 08:10:03 AM
Good morning, ladies.
Morning Mayor
Morning Mayor T.  Still studying?
Yes sir. I'm getting real nervous too, despite the extra study time. I don't want to fail this thing again. Those 4 hours go by really quickly and I'm a slow reader. Especially when the questions are so tricky and you can't just scan/read them.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 08:10:37 AM
I need some breakfast, hungry this morning.
About to get me some biscuits with sausage gravy. Yum.
Gravy train stopping in Cleaveland.
And the biscuit wheels are delicious.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 08:11:50 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Wish I was her study buddy!
Yeah, how's a HS boy supposed to learn anything else with that standing at the front of the classroom?
Fixed it
School days, school days....sigh.... ::)
But in our days we only dreamed of what never turned to reality.  (At least I thinks so anyway, hell it might have been going on and nobody knew about it since there was no instagram, snap or twitter to tell about it)
True, but I sure as hell never had a HS teacher looked anything like that.  At least LTG has his parent/teacher conferences to get him through his shower.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 21, 2017, 08:12:29 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
You must have studying to do?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 08:14:10 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 08:15:17 AM
Good morning, ladies.
Morning Mayor
Morning Mayor T.  Still studying?
Yes sir. I'm getting real nervous too, despite the extra study time. I don't want to fail this thing again. Those 4 hours go by really quickly and I'm a slow reader. Especially when the questions are so tricky and you can't just scan/read them.
Don't worry so much about your performance, it'll be great barely adequate. (TWSS).
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 21, 2017, 08:15:35 AM
And also in local news, http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/ (http://kxan.com/2017/03/20/lockhart-high-teacher-charged-accused-of-sexual-conduct-with-student/)
"Fowlkes taught Anatomy and Physiology".  I bet she did.
Wish I was her study buddy!
Yeah, how's a HS boy supposed to learn anything with that standing at the front of the classroom?
No joke. Who the eff is pressing charges? I know it's a double standard and all but... I'm a knuckledragger after all.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 08:17:13 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 21, 2017, 08:26:11 AM
I need some breakfast, hungry this morning.
About to get me some biscuits with sausage gravy. Yum.
Gravy train stopping in Cleaveland.
And the biscuit wheels are delicious.
That's one of my favorite things to eat. Won't be having any of that again anytime soon.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: sfish on March 21, 2017, 08:28:35 AM
I need some breakfast, hungry this morning.
About to get me some biscuits with sausage gravy. Yum.
Gravy train stopping in Cleaveland.
And the biscuit wheels are delicious.
CNS
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: sfish on March 21, 2017, 08:29:15 AM
Deal of the Century! Save $5,550 off MSRP!

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/gurkha-titan-samplers/1482105/
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 21, 2017, 08:29:45 AM
Guess I should find me some "healthy" breakfast and be off to the library.

Don't need to worry about this place with all those great cigar deals around. 😕
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 08:46:05 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 08:46:49 AM
Guess I should find me some "healthy" breakfast and be off to the library.

Don't need to worry about this place with all those great cigar deals around. 😕
Hope you find a Lockhart Study Buddy!

Edit:  we don't even begin to believe that healthy line of shit you are spewing lately.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 08:46:52 AM
I need some breakfast, hungry this morning.
About to get me some biscuits with sausage gravy. Yum.
Gravy train stopping in Cleaveland.
And the biscuit wheels are delicious.
That's one of my favorite things to eat. Won't be having any of that again anytime soon.
TWHS
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 08:49:57 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
Sheesh, indeed.  And you know big tobacco is paying for it all via taxes/fines/shakedowns.  SMH
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 08:53:37 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
Sheesh, indeed.  And you know big tobacco is paying for it all via taxes/fines/shakedowns.  SMH
Oh yeah, no doubt.  It is some big national lobbying group.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 09:17:04 AM
Breakfast Lull?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: sfish on March 21, 2017, 09:51:41 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
Did you catch his name?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 09:54:06 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
Did you catch his name?
Known around the streets as Jersey Fish
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: sfish on March 21, 2017, 10:08:38 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
Did you catch his name?
Known around the streets as Jersey Fish
You must have really hit it off
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 21, 2017, 10:22:36 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 10:27:18 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
So you should sit outside the door, fire one up and give them a good dose as they head to the busses.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 10:28:22 AM
Morning Raz.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 10:29:01 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
Did you catch his name?
Known around the streets as Jersey Fish
You must have really hit jerked it off
Fixed it.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 10:29:32 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
So you should sit outside the door, fire one up and give them a good dose as they head to the busses.
A veritable stink-eye bonanza!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 10:33:57 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
So you should sit outside the door, fire one up and give them a good dose as they head to the busses.
Put on an old overcoat, banged up hat, yard work tennis shoes and put a sign and jar out.  Maybe they'll donate for the cigar fund.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 10:34:40 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
So you should sit outside the door, fire one up and give them a good dose as they head to the busses.
A veritable stink-eye bonanza!
Now tell me that wouldn't warm his soul.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 10:44:28 AM
Will be incommunicado most of the day.  Have a good one all.
Have a good one, Dave.  My day is fixin' to start in earnest as well.  Plus I have a sudden hankerin' for a sturdy breakfast.
Tuesday Breakfast Day I guess, fixing to go over to the Omni and pick me something up.  That is if it ever gets to be daylight outside.
So much for my hearty breakfast, having an Anti-Tobacco Conference and the Omni Hotel is the primary hotel, 3 busses waiting to take the assholes to the convention center and the restaurant/starbucks line is about 30 assholes long.  Had to settle for some fruit from the 7-11.  SHEESH!
So you should sit outside the door, fire one up and give them a good dose as they head to the busses.
Put on an old overcoat, banged up hat, yard work tennis shoes and put a sign and jar out.  Maybe they'll donate for the cigar fund.
Then I would just look like everybody else around downtown.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 10:47:17 AM
For you La Palina fans, nice sampler of 9 at $45 at Famous.  (pre catsrule)
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 10:47:59 AM
[...]
Exactly, and you know they are taken care of better than you.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 21, 2017, 11:01:01 AM
Deal of the Century! Save $5,550 off MSRP!

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/gurkha-titan-samplers/1482105/
if you buy 200 of them, they aren't $30.00 MSRP per cigar,
$2.50 per cigar.  what a savings.  let's not talk about the shipping....
good morning boys.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 11:03:05 AM
Deal of the Century! Save $5,550 off MSRP!

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/gurkha-titan-samplers/1482105/
if you buy 200 of them, they aren't $30.00 MSRP per cigar,
$2.50 per cigar.  what a savings.  let's not talk about the shipping....
good morning boys.
Morning Flip
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 11:04:50 AM
Cigar retailers have sure made it easy for me to quit buying cigars!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 11:08:45 AM
With freezes last week that dipped down to chill Dean, South Carolina appears to have lost 85% of their peach crop and Georgia has lost 80% of their blueberry crop.  Strawberries and apples have been significantly affected as well.  Losses estimated at over one billion.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 11:09:53 AM
Cigar retailers have sure made it easy for me to quit buying cigars!
And with your current inventory, that means they're doing you a favor.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 11:09:53 AM
With freezes last week that dipped down to chill Dean, South Carolina appears to have lost 85% of their peach crop and Georgia has lost 80% of their blueberry crop.  Strawberries and apples have been significantly affected as well.  Losses estimated at over one billion.
Speaking of Dean, WTF was he this morning?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 11:10:12 AM
Cigar retailers have sure made it easy for me to quit buying cigars!
And with your current inventory, that means they're doing you a favor.
Exactly!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 21, 2017, 11:18:49 AM
With freezes last week that dipped down to chill Dean, South Carolina appears to have lost 85% of their peach crop and Georgia has lost 80% of their blueberry crop.  Strawberries and apples have been significantly affected as well.  Losses estimated at over one billion.
dollars or pieces of fruit?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 11:20:53 AM
With freezes last week that dipped down to chill Dean, South Carolina appears to have lost 85% of their peach crop and Georgia has lost 80% of their blueberry crop.  Strawberries and apples have been significantly affected as well.  Losses estimated at over one billion.
What about frozen concentrated oj?
(http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/51cdaf95ecad04b24b000000-480/tp49.png)
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 11:43:41 AM
Fruit Lull?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: sfish on March 21, 2017, 11:45:47 AM
With freezes last week that dipped down to chill Dean, South Carolina appears to have lost 85% of their peach crop and Georgia has lost 80% of their blueberry crop.  Strawberries and apples have been significantly affected as well.  Losses estimated at over one billion.
What about frozen concentrated oj?
(http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/51cdaf95ecad04b24b000000-480/tp49.png)
LALTS
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 12:03:03 PM
Guess I will go home and fix chit!

At least it is a really nice spring day,  83 for the afternoon.

Be back from the patio later on with a cigar
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 12:05:23 PM
Guess I will go home and fix chit!

At least it is a really nice spring day,  83 for the afternoon.

Be back from the patio later on with a cigar
Later, Tex.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 01:06:56 PM
Fuggin' sheesh.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 21, 2017, 01:44:33 PM
Fuggin' sheesh.
it isn't time for a Huzzah yet?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 02:15:59 PM
Fuggin' sheesh.
it isn't time for a Huzzah yet?
Are you suggesting that OhioDave has overstayed his welcome?
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 02:18:20 PM
Fuggin' sheesh.
it isn't time for a Huzzah yet?
Are you suggesting that OhioDave has overstayed his welcome?
That happened many posts ago, but if you people won't leave, neither will I.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 02:18:52 PM
Fuggin' sheesh.
it isn't time for a Huzzah yet?
Got about 70 minutes left.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 21, 2017, 02:19:07 PM
Fuggin' sheesh.
it isn't time for a Huzzah yet?
Are you suggesting that OhioDave has overstayed his welcome?
Still chowing down on the biscuits and gravy.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 21, 2017, 02:45:16 PM
Fuggin' sheesh.
it isn't time for a Huzzah yet?
Got about 70 minutes left.
…but who's counting.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 02:55:11 PM
Came across a new Southern Tier release in the Blackwater series...Choklat Mint.
A bit too flavored and on the sweet side for me....but tastes like Andes mints (with 10% ABV)
Should be available in stores soon.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 21, 2017, 03:21:55 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 03:27:14 PM
Came across a new Southern Tier release in the Blackwater series...Choklat Mint.
A bit too flavored and on the sweet side for me....but tastes like Andes mints (with 10% ABV)
Should be available in stores soon.
Oh goody..
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 03:30:29 PM
Hazzuh!
Hey, that was just 63 minutes, you'd better clock in early tomorrow, buster.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 04:59:55 PM
Hazzuh!
Hey, that was just 63 minutes, you'd better clock in early tomorrow, buster.
Yea, Bean is just jealous because his HR department won't stand for that.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on March 21, 2017, 05:43:53 PM
Hazzuh!
Hey, that was just 63 minutes, you'd better clock in early tomorrow, buster.
I'm thinking of clocking out myself....
btw had a leftover corned beef with Hot Mr. Mustard and Kerrygold Irish Swiss cheese on an Italian roll,
heated up in the microwave.   very good lunch.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 06:24:18 PM
Hazzuh!
Hey, that was just 63 minutes, you'd better clock in early tomorrow, buster.
I'm thinking of clocking out myself....
btw had a leftover corned beef with Hot Mr. Mustard and Kerrygold Irish Swiss cheese on an Italian roll,
heated up in the microwave.   very good lunch.
Tell us you did NOT microwave the fully assembled sandwich.  The horror!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 06:29:31 PM
Evening Boyz.

LFD Coronado lit up on the patio.

Worked my azz off this afternoon but did get some needed stuff done.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 07:26:53 PM
SHEESH!!!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 21, 2017, 08:42:00 PM
DOUBLE SHEESH!!!!
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 08:45:24 PM
DOUBLE SHEESH!!!!
Well, TRIPLE SHEESH then....why the heck not.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 08:46:51 PM
Scoped out a cigar lounge here in Erie....drove past and just couldn't bring myself to go in the place....no windows, metal door.....
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 21, 2017, 08:48:04 PM
DOW down -237.85  Thanks Trump.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 11:08:35 PM
Scoped out a cigar lounge here in Erie....drove past and just couldn't bring myself to go in the place....no windows, metal door.....
Yikes!  You need to get back down to Austin before the heat sets in, get a smoke in at Cedar Street before they ban that, too.
Title: Re: 3/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 21, 2017, 11:09:52 PM
DOW down -237.85  Thanks Trump.
Yeah, like a reset wasn't overdue.  Sheesh.