« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Hey Dad and everyone else I missed - just leaving for lunch with the warden post job interview(hers) so she can fill me in.  Usually it's me doing the filling, this should be interesting....SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!
Yea, yea.....OK, who's going to call bullshit first?
He'd have trouble filling a thimble

« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »

It's not Cigar Aficionado, but Stogie guys top cigars for 2014 are:

Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Bon Chasseur: This fat robusto was called a “remarkable smoke” and “simply one of the best new releases in recent memory,” by Patrick A.

Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda: Joey J found the flavors in this 2013 re-release “intense and varied… full-flavored all the way down to the nub.”

RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI A.W.S. IV: Patrick A’s other five-stogie cigar. He wrote of its “tremendous” balance, noting that the Lonsdale was “a joy to smoke.”

La Palina Collection Mr. Sam Robusto: After starting as a limited edition, Mr. Sam was added to the regular line and Patrick S called it “an impressive cigar full of flavor… that will be enjoyed by all types of cigar smokers.

Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Churchill: This quickly became my “newest favorite cigar,” an incredibly pleasing stick that displayed “subtlety and complexity.”
Cool, I'll watch for them on today's jam   :D
I am on top of this list - smoked both  #1 & #2 (personaly I think 2 is better than 1 but both outstanding) but can't say i have ever even heard of 3-5, news travels slow down here I guess.
Interesting, RoMa Craft cigars is fairly small batch, actually HQ in Austin!  I particularly like their Intemperance and Aquitaine lines.  Available at Atlantic, but you have to be able to jaunt over to their place and try them out.

Paul Garmirian has been around quite a while and has a lot of nice offerings.  Many are on the pricy side unfortunately.  La Paulina fairly new but most of their releases have received high praise.  Available in many places if you look for them.
RoMa Craft cigars was formed in 2012 and combines the efforts and assets of two companies into one. These companies, Galveston Bay Tobacco, LLC, and Costa Rican Imports, LLC, are owned by Michael Rosales and Skip Martin. Rosales and Martin are familiar names in the industry and collaborated on several projects before cementing their business relationship. In 2011, the two tobacco mavens set up a manufacturing facility in Esteli, Nicaragua, named Fabrica de Tobacco Nica Sueño. The first blend to come out of the facility, the CroMagnon, was a boutique blend that made multiple top lists the year of its release. Since CroMagnon, the company has put together two more blends, the Intemperance and the Aquitanie.

The company sells direct-to-consumer through its online shop, Hava Cigar, which was initially a brick and mortar lounge located in Galveston, Texas.
Maybe it is their cigar business that is HQ in Austin.  I thought the Galveston store was wiped out by one of the recent hurricanes and it was about that time that they started in the manufacturing business.
http://www.romacrafttobac.com/
I can't figure out what their game is and they have a crappy website.   That shop was torn up in the hurricane and also Galveston outlawed smoking in public places including cigar shops (that was the only one in town) and it was destined to death anyway. I think they must just use that name and ship out of a warehouse somewhere (perhaps Austin) or something.   I can't find any presence for them in Austin other than they have Austin as one of three locations on their website.  Next time I am in Galveston I will see if there is such a place.
This shows up on their retail locations page as their HQ:
RoMa Craft Tobac World Headquarters
12343 Hymeadow Dr #2H
Austin, TX 78750
That is an office comlex over by Westwood High School
Agree with you about the crappy website.  But according to that, the cigars are available at Pipe World in Round Rock and Austin, Wiggys in Austin and Habana House in Austin.
Easier having them available at Atlantic!  (Also the Paul Garmirian) unlike most web distributors.

« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2015, 12:52:36 PM »

How you corporate boyz think this is going to go????  They shipped us in a new just promoted Number 2 person in charge for TX today and in her introduction here is what she had to say:  "I am educated as a structrual engineer and began my carreer in 1985 as an engineer" ..........  " but I am no longer technical now I am management"
I'm going to say: Poorly

« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2015, 12:52:39 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Hey Dad and everyone else I missed - just leaving for lunch with the warden post job interview(hers) so she can fill me in.  Usually it's me doing the filling, this should be interesting....SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!
Yea, yea.....OK, who's going to call bullshit first?
He'd have trouble filling a thimble
Maybe he's talking about filling an icehole...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2015, 12:52:51 PM »

How you corporate boyz think this is going to go????  They shipped us in a new just promoted Number 2 person in charge for TX today and in her introduction here is what she had to say:  "I am educated as a structrual engineer and began my carreer in 1985 as an engineer" ..........  " but I am no longer technical now I am management"
I would suggest buying a big bottle of aspirins, along with a few grains of salt....

« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2015, 12:54:05 PM »

How you corporate boyz think this is going to go????  They shipped us in a new just promoted Number 2 person in charge for TX today and in her introduction here is what she had to say:  "I am educated as a structrual engineer and began my carreer in 1985 as an engineer" ..........  " but I am no longer technical now I am management"
I'm going to say: Poorly
Yup, sounds like management material.

« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »

[...]

...and what the hell is Wiggy's?  Sounds like a head shop.

« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »

How you corporate boyz think this is going to go????  They shipped us in a new just promoted Number 2 person in charge for TX today and in her introduction here is what she had to say:  "I am educated as a structrual engineer and began my carreer in 1985 as an engineer" ..........  " but I am no longer technical now I am management"
I would suggest buying a big bottle of aspirins, along with a few grains of salt....
Don't forget earplugs

« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2015, 12:58:58 PM »

[...]

Pipe world is up Bean's way, Habana House used to sell a lot of botique cigars but have not been there in several years,   and Wiggy's is a liquor store that sells a few cigars, they have a couple of places in the downtown area.

« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2015, 12:59:52 PM »

[...]

It is an old Austin place mostly where the hippies shop.

« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »

How you corporate boyz think this is going to go????  They shipped us in a new just promoted Number 2 person in charge for TX today and in her introduction here is what she had to say:  "I am educated as a structrual engineer and began my carreer in 1985 as an engineer" ..........  " but I am no longer technical now I am management"
I'm going to say: Poorly
At Best!
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »

How you corporate boyz think this is going to go????  They shipped us in a new just promoted Number 2 person in charge for TX today and in her introduction here is what she had to say:  "I am educated as a structrual engineer and began my carreer in 1985 as an engineer" ..........  " but I am no longer technical now I am management"
I'm going to say: Poorly
At Best!
Afternoon sir, You will be happy to know that the local paper featured Austin in their travel section as a must visit hot spot
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »

I love that my wife finally works for a Corporation.  She came home upset and said, "last week my supervisor wrote on the outside of my pay envelope, "I appreciate that I can always count on you, keep up the great work."  And this week she gave me a bad yearly appraisal...! Welcome to Corporate dear..!

« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2015, 01:08:27 PM »

I love that my wife finally works for a Corporation.  She came home upset and said, "last week my supervisor wrote on the outside of my pay envelope, "I appreciate that I can always count on you, keep up the great work."  And this week she gave me a bad yearly appraisal...! Welcome to Corporate dear..!
It's obviously because she denied her boss' lesbian advances, at least that's where my head's at

« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2015, 01:09:23 PM »

Short Stories up, used to be $20/5