« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2015, 01:40:07 PM »

It's not Cigar Aficionado, but Stogie guys top cigars for 2014 are:

Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Bon Chasseur: This fat robusto was called a “remarkable smoke” and “simply one of the best new releases in recent memory,” by Patrick A.

Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda: Joey J found the flavors in this 2013 re-release “intense and varied… full-flavored all the way down to the nub.”

RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI A.W.S. IV: Patrick A’s other five-stogie cigar. He wrote of its “tremendous” balance, noting that the Lonsdale was “a joy to smoke.”

La Palina Collection Mr. Sam Robusto: After starting as a limited edition, Mr. Sam was added to the regular line and Patrick S called it “an impressive cigar full of flavor… that will be enjoyed by all types of cigar smokers.

Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Churchill: This quickly became my “newest favorite cigar,” an incredibly pleasing stick that displayed “subtlety and complexity.”
Cool, I'll watch for them on today's jam   :D
I am on top of this list - smoked both  #1 & #2 (personaly I think 2 is better than 1 but both outstanding) but can't say i have ever even heard of 3-5, news travels slow down here I guess.
Interesting, RoMa Craft cigars is fairly small batch, actually HQ in Austin!  I particularly like their Intemperance and Aquitaine lines.  Available at Atlantic, but you have to be able to jaunt over to their place and try them out.

Paul Garmirian has been around quite a while and has a lot of nice offerings.  Many are on the pricy side unfortunately.  La Paulina fairly new but most of their releases have received high praise.  Available in many places if you look for them.
RoMa Craft cigars was formed in 2012 and combines the efforts and assets of two companies into one. These companies, Galveston Bay Tobacco, LLC, and Costa Rican Imports, LLC, are owned by Michael Rosales and Skip Martin. Rosales and Martin are familiar names in the industry and collaborated on several projects before cementing their business relationship. In 2011, the two tobacco mavens set up a manufacturing facility in Esteli, Nicaragua, named Fabrica de Tobacco Nica Sueño. The first blend to come out of the facility, the CroMagnon, was a boutique blend that made multiple top lists the year of its release. Since CroMagnon, the company has put together two more blends, the Intemperance and the Aquitanie.

The company sells direct-to-consumer through its online shop, Hava Cigar, which was initially a brick and mortar lounge located in Galveston, Texas.
Maybe it is their cigar business that is HQ in Austin.  I thought the Galveston store was wiped out by one of the recent hurricanes and it was about that time that they started in the manufacturing business.
http://www.romacrafttobac.com/
I can't figure out what their game is and they have a crappy website.   That shop was torn up in the hurricane and also Galveston outlawed smoking in public places including cigar shops (that was the only one in town) and it was destined to death anyway. I think they must just use that name and ship out of a warehouse somewhere (perhaps Austin) or something.   I can't find any presence for them in Austin other than they have Austin as one of three locations on their website.  Next time I am in Galveston I will see if there is such a place.
This shows up on their retail locations page as their HQ:
RoMa Craft Tobac World Headquarters
12343 Hymeadow Dr #2H
Austin, TX 78750
That is an office comlex over by Westwood High School
Agree with you about the crappy website.  But according to that, the cigars are available at Pipe World in Round Rock and Austin, Wiggys in Austin and Habana House in Austin.
Easier having them available at Atlantic!  (Also the Paul Garmirian) unlike most web distributors.
...and what the hell is Wiggy's?  Sounds like a head shop.
Wiggy's

« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »

I love that my wife finally works for a Corporation.  She came home upset and said, "last week my supervisor wrote on the outside of my pay envelope, "I appreciate that I can always count on you, keep up the great work."  And this week she gave me a bad yearly appraisal...! Welcome to Corporate dear..!
It's obviously because she denied her boss' lesbian advances, at least that's where my head's at
Man, does that remind me of a story.
Penthouse Forum?
Tell us!
Well, it all started one night when my boss asked me to stay late and help her with a project. I didn't really feel comfortable because I hadn't worn underwear that day but she insisted...
Keep going!
My boss kept leaning over my desk which made me uncomfortable because she had such large breasts and was wearing a low-cut top, which allowed me a full view of her heaving bosom

« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2015, 01:45:35 PM »

[...]
Suddenly the desk appeared to rise, almost like a slow moving elevator.  I couldn't control myself, dropping a concrete block on my toe wouldn't have been able to break my focus on her cantaloupes that were now presented just inches away from my face...

« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »

[...]
You're supposed to be a girl, this is a lesbian tale
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2015, 01:52:20 PM »

[...]
LOL...

« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2015, 01:53:18 PM »

[...]
Nice, BD.

« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »

[...]
You sure do paint a picture. CNS

« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2015, 01:55:40 PM »

[...]
Sure Dean, you building a screen house too?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2015, 01:59:30 PM »

I love that my wife finally works for a Corporation.  She came home upset and said, "last week my supervisor wrote on the outside of my pay envelope, "I appreciate that I can always count on you, keep up the great work."  And this week she gave me a bad yearly appraisal...! Welcome to Corporate dear..!
It's obviously because she denied her boss' lesbian advances, at least that's where my head's at
Man, does that remind me of a story.
Penthouse Forum?
Tell us!
Yeah, this couple I know went to a big interesting party.  Over in the corner was a kissing booth.  He thought, "this could be interesting..!"  After a couple of drinks, one of the girls at the party went over and got into the booth.  As he was trying to work up the nerve to go over, three women went up and got into line.  The girls started making out, and I swear, my glasses actually fogged up...!!  Around 11:45 p.m. this couple shows up, and the wife is drunker than hell.  She was a blond, and on a scale of 1 to 10, she was an 8.  When they walked in, all eyes were on her.  About 3/4's of the people at the party knew her, and started welcoming her to the party.  She walked around the room and talked to everyone.  About 45 minutes later, she announced she was leaving, and one of the women ran up and kissed her good bye.  She started going around the whole room, kissing everyone good bye.  I told my wife, "I dare you to kiss her...!"  And as I knew, my wife replied, "you really dare me..?"  Sure I do, because if she comes up to me, I'm kissing the hell out of her.  Sure enough, she reached my wife and give her a really big kiss, basically just short of making out.  I was next... :)  I looked behind us and there was a door leading to the outside.  We went out, and then walked to the front of the building and got back into line.  Sure enough 2nd kisses were coming as she came out.  It's was just one of those funny things you run across every once in awhile.., and I finally got to see my wife kiss another girl. :)

« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2015, 01:59:57 PM »

How you corporate boyz think this is going to go????  They shipped us in a new just promoted Number 2 person in charge for TX today and in her introduction here is what she had to say:  "I am educated as a structrual engineer and began my carreer in 1985 as an engineer" ..........  " but I am no longer technical now I am management"
That's very similar to what our new CIO said.  Turns out, he's a dick.
As long as he's not a BIG dick...!
Ours is dickless, I think!
I'm pretty sure ours is too.  Ballless for sure.

« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »

[...]
Shit - well, this just got REALLY interesting!

« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2015, 02:20:25 PM »

As much as it hurts to miss the rest of BD's story hour, it's time for me to skeedaddle. Hazzuh!

« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »

As much as it hurts to miss the rest of BD's story hour, it's time for me to skeedaddle. Hazzuh!
Just when the clothes come off, you getting stage fright?  See ya Dave  ;)

« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2015, 02:24:55 PM »

As much as it hurts to miss the rest of BD's story hour, it's time for me to skeedaddle. Hazzuh!
Just when the clothes come off, you getting stage fright?  See ya Dave  ;)
What can I say, been laughed at too many times.

« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »

As much as it hurts to miss the rest of BD's story hour, it's time for me to skeedaddle. Hazzuh!
Just when the clothes come off, you getting stage fright?  See ya Dave  ;)
Adios Golf!