« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2015, 11:59:31 AM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
Work some commie Budweiser in there and you've got a hit.
A hit in France, Belgium or some other euro-commie country maybe, but not in 'murica.
well over there, it is an exotic imported beer!  sorta like Grolsch here.
I just shake my head when I see the amount of Bud and  Coors lite sold in Europe....not much Miller however.
Well they at least have some sense of taste!
Says you?
Hey Tony, you have one of these: RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI - The Envy
Randomly add quote to any thread, why be specific... let's not make it easy to follow along!  damn little fish.
Not that tough for the full-timers to figure out

« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
Work some commie Budweiser in there and you've got a hit.
A hit in France, Belgium or some other euro-commie country maybe, but not in 'murica.
well over there, it is an exotic imported beer!  sorta like Grolsch here.
I just shake my head when I see the amount of Bud and  Coors lite sold in Europe....not much Miller however.
Well they at least have some sense of taste!
Says you?
Hey Tony, you have one of these: RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI - The Envy
Randomly add quote to any thread, why be specific... let's not make it easy to follow along!  damn little fish.
Hey, he only has 3900 posts, go easy on him, he's still trying to figure this thing out.

« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »

Hey Mr Bean, have you decided on what Day you plan to attend the CF 15?  I am seriously thinking about making the trip and at least going to pre resgister or whatever they call it.
I figure I'll be in the area that week for work already so signed up for the Friday ticket.  May also stay for Saturday.  Wouldn't want any BOTL's to miss out on meeting me.   ;)
I will probably do the same I guess we would not want TX to be under represented!  I would probably travel up on Thursday and return home late Saturday or maybe early Sunday.
Plan on early Sunday.  Newark or Philadelphia are both close depending on your airline preference.
I can still get a direct flight to Newark  I think.
Dave, if we work out the same return flight you won't need a rental car.
And if you don't mind about 11/2 hour drive each way to Lake Harmony, you can stay at the Travellin' Dave Bed and Breakfast.
Fair warning - the French maid turndown service leaves something to be desired.
I'll have to get in touch with BD and borrow the costume.

« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »

Time to go grab some lunch, back in a few....speaking of lunch, where's menu boy?

« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
Work some commie Budweiser in there and you've got a hit.
A hit in France, Belgium or some other euro-commie country maybe, but not in 'murica.
well over there, it is an exotic imported beer!  sorta like Grolsch here.
I just shake my head when I see the amount of Bud and  Coors lite sold in Europe....not much Miller however.
Well they at least have some sense of taste!
Says you?
Hey Tony, you have one of these: RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI - The Envy
We try to educate the guy and what happens?

« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2015, 12:03:53 PM »

[...]
ewww...

« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
Work some commie Budweiser in there and you've got a hit.
A hit in France, Belgium or some other euro-commie country maybe, but not in 'murica.
well over there, it is an exotic imported beer!  sorta like Grolsch here.
I just shake my head when I see the amount of Bud and  Coors lite sold in Europe....not much Miller however.
Well they at least have some sense of taste!
Says you?
Hey Tony, you have one of these: RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI - The Envy
Randomly add quote to any thread, why be specific... let's not make it easy to follow along!  damn little fish.
Hey, he only has 3900 posts, go easy on him, he's still trying to figure this thing out.
You better slow down and be careful or you are going to turn into snowmen very quick.

« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »

Fucking work!

« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2015, 12:08:14 PM »

It's not Cigar Aficionado, but Stogie guys top cigars for 2014 are:

Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Bon Chasseur: This fat robusto was called a “remarkable smoke” and “simply one of the best new releases in recent memory,” by Patrick A.

Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda: Joey J found the flavors in this 2013 re-release “intense and varied… full-flavored all the way down to the nub.”

RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI A.W.S. IV: Patrick A’s other five-stogie cigar. He wrote of its “tremendous” balance, noting that the Lonsdale was “a joy to smoke.”

La Palina Collection Mr. Sam Robusto: After starting as a limited edition, Mr. Sam was added to the regular line and Patrick S called it “an impressive cigar full of flavor… that will be enjoyed by all types of cigar smokers.

Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Churchill: This quickly became my “newest favorite cigar,” an incredibly pleasing stick that displayed “subtlety and complexity.”
Cool, I'll watch for them on today's jam   :D
I am on top of this list - smoked both  #1 & #2 (personaly I think 2 is better than 1 but both outstanding) but can't say i have ever even heard of 3-5, news travels slow down here I guess.
Interesting, RoMa Craft cigars is fairly small batch, actually HQ in Austin!  I particularly like their Intemperance and Aquitaine lines.  Available at Atlantic, but you have to be able to jaunt over to their place and try them out.

Paul Garmirian has been around quite a while and has a lot of nice offerings.  Many are on the pricy side unfortunately.  La Paulina fairly new but most of their releases have received high praise.  Available in many places if you look for them.
RoMa Craft cigars was formed in 2012 and combines the efforts and assets of two companies into one. These companies, Galveston Bay Tobacco, LLC, and Costa Rican Imports, LLC, are owned by Michael Rosales and Skip Martin. Rosales and Martin are familiar names in the industry and collaborated on several projects before cementing their business relationship. In 2011, the two tobacco mavens set up a manufacturing facility in Esteli, Nicaragua, named Fabrica de Tobacco Nica Sueño. The first blend to come out of the facility, the CroMagnon, was a boutique blend that made multiple top lists the year of its release. Since CroMagnon, the company has put together two more blends, the Intemperance and the Aquitanie.

The company sells direct-to-consumer through its online shop, Hava Cigar, which was initially a brick and mortar lounge located in Galveston, Texas.
Maybe it is their cigar business that is HQ in Austin.  I thought the Galveston store was wiped out by one of the recent hurricanes and it was about that time that they started in the manufacturing business.
http://www.romacrafttobac.com/
I can't figure out what their game is and they have a crappy website.   That shop was torn up in the hurricane and also Galveston outlawed smoking in public places including cigar shops (that was the only one in town) and it was destined to death anyway. I think they must just use that name and ship out of a warehouse somewhere (perhaps Austin) or something.   I can't find any presence for them in Austin other than they have Austin as one of three locations on their website.  Next time I am in Galveston I will see if there is such a place.

« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »

[...]
SMOWMEN RULE!   ;D

« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »

[...]
Only if you have 5 and that is currently a mighty damn small  endeared club
SMOWMEN RULE!   ;D
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....

« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »

[...]

This shows up on their retail locations page as their HQ:
RoMa Craft Tobac World Headquarters
12343 Hymeadow Dr #2H
Austin, TX 78750

« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2015, 12:14:44 PM »

Good Morning / Afternoon everyone....
Good Almost Afternoon Dad
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2015, 12:14:45 PM »

Fucking work!
I hear ya man...  I still have to do the dishes, and take out the trash... Errrr...!