CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: 1/5/2015  (Read 46604 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 1/5/2015
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2015, 11:13:17 AM »

Hey Mr Bean, have you decided on what Day you plan to attend the CF 15?  I am seriously thinking about making the trip and at least going to pre resgister or whatever they call it.
I figure I'll be in the area that week for work already so signed up for the Friday ticket.  May also stay for Saturday.  Wouldn't want any BOTL's to miss out on meeting me.   ;)
Looking forward to it.  Just FYI, even if I am not able to score tickets, I will be there for the tailgating fun.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
Work some commie Budweiser in there and you've got a hit.
A hit in France, Belgium or some other euro-commie country maybe, but not in 'murica.
well over there, it is an exotic imported beer!  sorta like Grolsch here.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2015, 11:17:45 AM »

Hey Mr Bean, have you decided on what Day you plan to attend the CF 15?  I am seriously thinking about making the trip and at least going to pre resgister or whatever they call it.
I figure I'll be in the area that week for work already so signed up for the Friday ticket.  May also stay for Saturday.  Wouldn't want any BOTL's to miss out on meeting me.   ;)
I will probably do the same I guess we would not want TX to be under represented!  I would probably travel up on Thursday and return home late Saturday or maybe early Sunday.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2015, 11:19:45 AM »

I will probably do the same I guess we would not want TX to be under represented!  I would probably travel up on Thursday and return home late Saturday or maybe early Sunday.
Hey, I've been helping to under represent New jersey for years! ::)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »

It's your loss.  I would say Gurkha is probably the most represented cigar company at CF and you're missing out!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »

It's not Cigar Aficionado, but Stogie guys top cigars for 2014 are:

Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Bon Chasseur: This fat robusto was called a “remarkable smoke” and “simply one of the best new releases in recent memory,” by Patrick A.

Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda: Joey J found the flavors in this 2013 re-release “intense and varied… full-flavored all the way down to the nub.”

RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI A.W.S. IV: Patrick A’s other five-stogie cigar. He wrote of its “tremendous” balance, noting that the Lonsdale was “a joy to smoke.”

La Palina Collection Mr. Sam Robusto: After starting as a limited edition, Mr. Sam was added to the regular line and Patrick S called it “an impressive cigar full of flavor… that will be enjoyed by all types of cigar smokers.

Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Churchill: This quickly became my “newest favorite cigar,” an incredibly pleasing stick that displayed “subtlety and complexity.”
Cool, I'll watch for them on today's jam   :D
I am on top of this list - smoked both  #1 & #2 (personaly I think 2 is better than 1 but both outstanding) but can't say i have ever even heard of 3-5, news travels slow down here I guess.
Interesting, RoMa Craft cigars is fairly small batch, actually HQ in Austin!  I particularly like their Intemperance and Aquitaine lines.  Available at Atlantic, but you have to be able to jaunt over to their place and try them out.

Paul Garmirian has been around quite a while and has a lot of nice offerings.  Many are on the pricy side unfortunately.  La Paulina fairly new but most of their releases have received high praise.  Available in many places if you look for them.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2015, 11:28:53 AM »

It's your loss.  I would say Gurkha is probably the most represented cigar company at CF and you're missing out!
like winning a jeep surrounded by beautiful scantily clad women, is going to improve my life in any way, shape or form!  wait, was was I thinking?  :o

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2015, 11:30:11 AM »

Plan on early Sunday.  Newark or Philadelphia are both close depending on your airline preference.

Threebean

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »

like winning a jeep surrounded by beautiful scantily clad women, is going to improve my life in any way, shape or form!  wait, was was I thinking?  :o
I also understand there's a fun knife tossing event.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2015, 11:32:05 AM »

Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
A hit in France, Belgium or some other euro-commie country maybe, but not in 'murica.
I just shake my head when I see the amount of Bud and  Coors lite sold in Europe....not much Miller however.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2015, 11:32:56 AM »

Indeed.  Pick one up for free with a $125 purchase this week just to make sure you have one of your own.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2015, 11:34:46 AM »

Yea, the crowd around their booth sounds like a bunch of young girls at a Biebs concert!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2015, 11:37:13 AM »

Indeed.  Pick one up for free with a $125 purchase this week just to make sure you have one of your own.
I have bought 4 of the large tactical gurkha knives already, from the devil.  Don't need a free one.  Well if I stop giving them away to friends and family I won't!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2015, 11:37:15 AM »

Plan on early Sunday.  Newark or Philadelphia are both close depending on your airline preference.
I can still get a direct flight to Newark  I think.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2015, 11:38:10 AM »

Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
I just shake my head when I see the amount of Bud and  Coors lite sold in Europe....not much Miller however.
Well they at least have some sense of taste!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22