CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: 12/29/2016  (Read 15007 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 12/29/2016
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2016, 12:50:38 PM »

So is Charlie Strong coaching South Florida today?
Answer:  USF has hired Charlie Strong to replace head coach Willie Taggart, who departed for Oregon, but interim coach T.J. Weist will coach the Bulls in the bowl game with David Reaves serving as offensive coordinator.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2016, 01:00:17 PM »

Oops. I found a week board in the bedroom...

That sucks.
Ouch.
Professionally speaking I don't think a "weak or a week" board is the problem I believe the lack of adequate substructure for the flooring type is the problem.  Especially when one considers the static load of Tony on a single chair leg - YIKES!
Not to mention that he might have been getting a New Year's "ride" in that chair.  Surprised all four legs didn't punch.
Oh, ....and what is a week board?
Ahhh, the peanut gallery has rejoined us. I knew I should have gone back and edited.
Yea, kids drove up to the City to have lunch with the hypocrite, so I have some quiet time.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2016, 01:02:28 PM »

That sucks.
Ouch.
Professionally speaking I don't think a "weak or a week" board is the problem I believe the lack of adequate substructure for the flooring type is the problem.  Especially when one considers the static load of Tony on a single chair leg - YIKES!
Not to mention that he might have been getting a New Year's "ride" in that chair.  Surprised all four legs didn't punch.
Ahhh, the peanut gallery has rejoined us. I knew I should have gone back and edited.
Yea, kids drove up to the City to have lunch with the hypocrite, so I have some quiet time.

I was in the City yesterday and traffic was horrible.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2016, 01:04:31 PM »

@Flip: I amended the instructions for the survey. If you were "other" kindly post the specifics on that thread?

Disregard Deano, he marches to his own drummer.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?topic=989.0

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2016, 01:06:35 PM »

That sucks.
Ouch.
You just wanted to watch the Cocks uninterrupted!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »

Boilche, haven't had that in years. Now I'm craving.
It was great. She makes it a lot.
pm me the recipe and what cut of meat does she use? I'm making brisket tonight, not so Cuban
That's a tall order. Every time she tries to give me a recipe, it's a production. I'll see what I can do.
both goya and food network have recipes, one use a chorizo stuffed eye round, that is trussed. must marinate for 4 to 24 hours first.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »

@Flip: I amended the instructions for the survey. If you were "other" kindly post the specifics on that thread?

i picked three other cigars anyway... you guys are changing my mind.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2016, 01:15:11 PM »

Oh so typical these days, fuk'n Nook had been playing music there for many years before this hotel was built a year ago.  Just like the assholes that buy houses at the end of a commercial airport runway then demand they move the airport.

AUSTIN, Tex. (KEYE) - The Westin in Downtown Austin has filed a lawsuit against the adjacent Nook Amphitheater and is seeking an injunction on the venue, claiming loud outdoor music being played into the early hours of the morning is harming their business.

The amphitheater is located within the boundaries of what is considered one the city's historic music districts. Sixth Street is often cited as a well-known attraction for live music and entertainment. Austin itself is widely considered the "live music capital of the world." The hotel, which is located on 5th Street, is separated from the music venue by only an alley

An extra $1 million was spent on the Westin during its initial construction to fortify windows and drywall, in order to prevent the disturbance of downtown music.

The company claims it has since spent and additional $1 million to block out music, but there is nothing on the market that can block the bass coming from the Nook's open air venue.

Representatives for the Westin used a sound meter to test the Nook's equipment before building the hotel, and Nook co-owner Stephen Condon says the equipment hasn't changed since.

"We let them inside. We let them upstairs, so they're well aware of what they were getting into, and the sound system that they tested is the exact same sound system we have now," said Condon

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »

That's the beauty. I made it so that you can always go back and change it. The answers aren't locked until the survey ends. I didn't want anyone to be able to see the results until the end either so as not to be influenced.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »

Poll should be amended to clarify whether money is a factor. When I took the poll I pretended it wasn't. But in reality my answers would change based on affordability.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2016, 01:28:56 PM »

Poll should be amended to clarify whether money is a factor. When I took the poll I pretended it wasn't. But in reality my answers would change based on affordability.
It's pretty clear. If you could only choose 4 from which to smoke next year, what would they be? Like the bible, it's up to interpretation. Don't let me have to hold your hand like a millennial. Sheesh.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »

That sucks.
Ouch.

I was in the City yesterday and traffic was horrible.
Yea, I'm more than a little concerned about them having to drive in with the babies, but their choice.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »

Boilche, haven't had that in years. Now I'm craving.
It was great. She makes it a lot.
pm me the recipe and what cut of meat does she use? I'm making brisket tonight, not so Cuban
That's a tall order. Every time she tries to give me a recipe, it's a production. I'll see what I can do.
both goya and food network have recipes, one use a chorizo stuffed eye round, that is trussed. must marinate for 4 to 24 hours first.
I think you're right about the eye round, but I'll make certain.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2016, 01:31:13 PM »

That sucks.
Ouch.
You just wanted to watch the Cocks uninterrupted!
Yea, don' t have to censor myself during the game.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2016, 01:31:49 PM »

It's pretty clear. If you could only choose 4 from which to smoke next year, what would they be? Like the bible, it's up to interpretation. Don't let me have to hold your hand like a millennial. Sheesh.
Probably better just stick with one poll per year, some people will make it far too difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12