CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: 12/27/2016  (Read 12312 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 12/27/2016
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2016, 10:19:10 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Happy Christmastide.
Merry Christmas, Raz. Hope Santa treated you well.
Not particularly, but that's okay. I treated myself just fine.
This time of year is difficult. Call me a scrooge but I can't wait until it's over. Still have a houseguest. And she wants to "fix" things around my place. You'd think that would be a good thing but almost everything she's touched was better off prior to her "helping" me out. Essentially creating more work for me. 2017 can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned.
Fortunately, I had no houseguests. The warden went to Tucson to be with her family, so my sons and I have been bachin' it. Most of the celebrations were at my dad's house. I came down sick late afternoon Christmas, so did nothing but binge on Breaking Bad yesterday. Decided to go to work today. Still not healthy, but got bored.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2016, 10:19:57 AM »

Morning Raz, Santa treated me very well but I also treated myself very well just in case he might have missed anything........ ;D
So whatcha get? Guns AND cigars?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2016, 10:20:29 AM »

Got to go to the post office and ship gifts to the DIL that were too big to carry on the plane with her.   Warden got her a couple of items from the Magnolia Market and holy cow, she was so excited about "things from Waco"......... Just glad she liked them but I was surprised at how excited she was about things from Waco.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »

Morning Raz, Santa treated me very well but I also treated myself very well just in case he might have missed anything........ ;D
No guns this year, I am about loaded up with guns.  Some nice cigars and fishing equipment though.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »

That's smart thinking. I bought one thing for myself and put it under the tree as if my wife bought it for me. She did the same with some bracelet.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2016, 10:27:31 AM »

No guns this year, I am about loaded up with guns.  Some nice cigars and fishing equipment though.
Somebody on Facebook put up a Stetson Revenger, in box, for $50 with two extra bands, so I treated myself to that. Took advantage of the Uncle Lee deal and the MB3 deal, so my humidor is about stuffed. But I've resisted temptation of guns so far.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2016, 10:29:39 AM »

Got to go to the post office and ship gifts to the DIL that were too big to carry on the plane with her.   Warden got her a couple of items from the Magnolia Market and holy cow, she was so excited about "things from Waco"......... Just glad she liked them but I was surprised at how excited she was about things from Waco.
Chip and Joanna are all the rage this year.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2016, 10:30:24 AM »

Those Branch Davidians are hard to fit in the overhead bin.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2016, 10:33:38 AM »

Not if you carry them in an urn.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2016, 10:34:37 AM »

Damn, that's cold. Props and respect, bro.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2016, 10:41:03 AM »

the medication I ordered online for my RA should be in today. ordered on December 8, paid extra for International Express shipping, what a joke. think regular shipping last time got here sooner.
Holiday Shipping has become a nightmare because the shipping companies can't keep up due to online sales, I bought 2 items in b&m stores this year - a $20 one and a gift card, everything else I bought online.  And when it is International things really get crazy.
they shipped it to the wrong post office. had to wait to be hand delivered to Yankeetown from Inglis.
ordered through Canada, shipped from India.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2016, 10:46:46 AM »

Short Story and coffee going. may be another day of rest. don't really feel like folding laundry and taking down decorations. may join Facebook for shits and giggles.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2016, 10:50:34 AM »

Damn, that's cold. Props and respect, bro.
Too soon?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2016, 10:50:36 AM »

the medication I ordered online for my RA should be in today. ordered on December 8, paid extra for International Express shipping, what a joke. think regular shipping last time got here sooner.
Holiday Shipping has become a nightmare because the shipping companies can't keep up due to online sales, I bought 2 items in b&m stores this year - a $20 one and a gift card, everything else I bought online.  And when it is International things really get crazy.
they shipped it to the wrong post office. had to wait to be hand delivered to Yankeetown from Inglis.
ordered through Canada, shipped from India.
I've got a package coming by USPS that I've been tracking. It arrived in Kent, about 20 miles from my house, on Christmas Day. This morning it checked in at Redmond, about 30 miles further north. And people wonder why USPS is struggling.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2016, 10:52:07 AM »

Short Story and coffee going. may be another day of rest. don't really feel like folding laundry and taking down decorations. may join Facebook for shits and giggles.
Good morning, Deano.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9