CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Election Day! - 11/8/2016  (Read 15749 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »

good voter turn out in my area. very long lines. never experienced waiting to vote in 46 years as I did this morning. could almost smoke a cigar waiting if it was allowed.
Carry your pistol, sure, smoking, no.
I guess guns are safer than cigars.
Can't carry to the voting booths in TX.
Voting booths?  My voting booth is a mailbox.  Of course, I committed a Federal felony by driving up to the box in front of the Post Office while wearing a pistol.  Oopsie.

Morning, muchachos.  Decided to take a day off and watch this shitshow unfold from the comfort of my recliner.
You are a glutton for punishment.
sadistic for sure.
Well, I'm actually going to make it kind of a Dean/Tex kind of day.  Glorious weather, so I'm gonna put the Explorer in the shop to have the heater fixed, wash the Harley and take it for a spin, open a Roth IRA, buy a pressure washer, make a couple of runs to the landfill, order some more Cuban cigars.  Then I'll start drinking and watching the shitshow.
No concrete or patio work?
Deck work this weekend.  No concrete work needed right now.

Threebean

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2016, 11:59:23 AM »

Speaking of TV, where's the Dancing with the Stars update?
I know what happened.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2016, 12:03:14 PM »

Not sure if I think this idea is clever or hokey. Charlie's cigar lounge is throwing the following event:

We Are One Event
A unique and fun event. Saturday, November 19 & Sunday, November 20. CCL will provide and collect the sealed kits and send them to Ancestry. In 6 weeks the testing will come back with the results of your origins. The kits with shipping are $105.00 per person.

The Unveiling January
Jan 7 2017

Each individual will receive their Ancestry results.
This will be a pot luck event.There will be no fee other than a 2 cigar minimum purchase and we ask each individual to bring in a dish or Bottle that represents your heritage. That dish can be an appetizer, main dish or dessert of your choice (Let us know what you plan on bringing)

If you would like to share this event with us please RVSP with payment by Monday, November 7 to ensure your kit is here on time
Seems like a cool way to do it, if you're curious about it. My mom did that, was interesting to see all the different heritages involved. Can't hurt to add cigars and spirits to the equation.
But how do you know what food and drink to bring if you haven't found out your heritage yet?  You may be surprised to find you're Eastern European or Native American....

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »

I am thinking some chili sounds good for lunch on this dreary wet day.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2016, 12:08:27 PM »

Not sure if I think this idea is clever or hokey. Charlie's cigar lounge is throwing the following event:

We Are One Event
A unique and fun event. Saturday, November 19 & Sunday, November 20. CCL will provide and collect the sealed kits and send them to Ancestry. In 6 weeks the testing will come back with the results of your origins. The kits with shipping are $105.00 per person.

The Unveiling January
Jan 7 2017

This will be a pot luck event.There will be no fee other than a 2 cigar minimum purchase and we ask each individual to bring in a dish or Bottle that represents your heritage. That dish can be an appetizer, main dish or dessert of your choice (Let us know what you plan on bringing)

If you would like to share this event with us please RVSP with payment by Monday, November 7 to ensure your kit is here on time
Seems like a cool way to do it, if you're curious about it. My mom did that, was interesting to see all the different heritages involved. Can't hurt to add cigars and spirits to the equation.
It's a bit of a trek for me to get to Yonkers so I don't make it there too often. But I agree with the cigars, spirits, and FOOD part.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »

We Are One Event

The Unveiling January
Jan 7 2017

But how do you know what food and drink to bring if you haven't found out your heritage yet?  You may be surprised to find you're Eastern European or Native American....
The note is poorly worded but it seems you'd get the results about a week before the unveiling party.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2016, 12:11:52 PM »

We Are One Event

The Unveiling January
Jan 7 2017

The note is poorly worded but it seems you'd get the results about a week before the unveiling party.
You can't go on Saturday you have soccer mom duties.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »

Time to head out, BBL.
Vote early, vote often.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »

Soccer and football are coming to an abrupt end. We're in playoff season now and it can end at any moment. So  :P

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2016, 12:22:37 PM »

Soccer and football are coming to an abrupt end. We're in playoff season now and it can end at any moment. So  :P
Something else will follow close behind, a Mother's duties never end.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »

Also true. Especially when you're performing double duty. I tell my friends all the time that I'm practicing to be a single dad.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2016, 12:41:01 PM »

Also true. Especially when you're performing double duty. I tell my friends all the time that I'm practicing to be a single dad.
There's some wishful thinking.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2016, 12:44:32 PM »

Good hot Texas Beef Chili with some Fritos and Cheese on top.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2016, 12:45:21 PM »

Lunch time makes me note that Flip has not been around in a couple of Days.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2016, 12:46:10 PM »

There's some wishful thinking.
I took all four to a kid's birthday once and that's what I told everyone when they asked. They all laughed. I never cracked a smile.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13