CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Election Day! - 11/8/2016  (Read 15744 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2016, 11:23:48 AM »

While not exciting games there is at least a couple of college football games on tonight to reduce the election pundit pain.

Eastern Michigan vs Ball State @ 7:00 ET  CBS Sports
(23) Western Michigan vs Kent State @ 7:30 ET   ESPN 2

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2016, 11:24:29 AM »

good voter turn out in my area. very long lines. never experienced waiting to vote in 46 years as I did this morning. could almost smoke a cigar waiting if it was allowed.
Carry your pistol, sure, smoking, no.
I guess guns are safer than cigars.
Can't carry to the voting booths in TX.
Voting booths?  My voting booth is a mailbox.  Of course, I committed a Federal felony by driving up to the box in front of the Post Office while wearing a pistol.  Oopsie.

Morning, muchachos.  Decided to take a day off and watch this shitshow unfold from the comfort of my recliner.
You are a glutton for punishment.
sadistic for sure.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2016, 11:25:42 AM »

While not exciting games there is at least a couple of college football games on tonight to reduce the election pain.

New episode of "Fixer Upper" as well I think.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2016, 11:25:50 AM »

While not exciting games there is at least a couple of college football games on tonight to reduce the election pundit pain.

Go Flashes!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2016, 11:26:13 AM »

Speaking of TV, where's the Dancing with the Stars update?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2016, 11:26:51 AM »

So we were having a spirited Star Wars discussion at home and I was trying to remember what Jar Jar Binks looked like. So the trusty Oracle at Google was consulted and while scrolling through the images there was a photoshopped one of him naked. WTF? Now my boys are asking, can we see that again?
Pervert
Some of them take after their mom.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2016, 11:27:06 AM »

good voter turn out in my area. very long lines. never experienced waiting to vote in 46 years as I did this morning. could almost smoke a cigar waiting if it was allowed.
Voting booths?  My voting booth is a mailbox.  Of course, I committed a Federal felony by driving up to the box in front of the Post Office while wearing a pistol.  Oopsie.

Morning, muchachos.  Decided to take a day off and watch this shitshow unfold from the comfort of my recliner.
sadistic for sure.
Especially since most of the fun won't start until the polls start closing.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2016, 11:31:19 AM »

But I can start drinking early, so there's that.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2016, 11:34:43 AM »

sadistic for sure.
Well, I'm actually going to make it kind of a Dean/Tex kind of day.  Glorious weather, so I'm gonna put the Explorer in the shop to have the heater fixed, wash the Harley and take it for a spin, open a Roth IRA, buy a pressure washer, make a couple of runs to the landfill, order some more Cuban cigars.  Then I'll start drinking and watching the shitshow.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2016, 11:36:20 AM »

sadistic for sure.
Well, I'm actually going to make it kind of a Dean/Tex kind of day.  Glorious weather, so I'm gonna put the Explorer in the shop to have the heater fixed, wash the Harley and take it for a spin, open a Roth IRA, buy a pressure washer, make a couple of runs to the landfill, order some more Cuban cigars.  Then I'll start drinking and watching the shitshow.
Sounds like a very full day. You'll need another day off tomorrow.  ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2016, 11:37:11 AM »

sadistic for sure.
Throw a gazebo or some concrete in there and you're livin' the Dean life.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2016, 11:45:37 AM »

sadistic for sure.
Throw a gazebo or some concrete in there and you're livin' the Dean life.
Well, my gazebo does need a new roof.  If Dean was here, that'd be a one-day job.  But for me, it's a solid weekend.  So, no time for that today.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »

Not sure if I think this idea is clever or hokey. Charlie's cigar lounge is throwing the following event:

We Are One Event
A unique and fun event. Saturday, November 19 & Sunday, November 20. CCL will provide and collect the sealed kits and send them to Ancestry. In 6 weeks the testing will come back with the results of your origins. The kits with shipping are $105.00 per person.

The Unveiling January
Jan 7 2017

Each individual will receive their Ancestry results.
This will be a pot luck event.There will be no fee other than a 2 cigar minimum purchase and we ask each individual to bring in a dish or Bottle that represents your heritage. That dish can be an appetizer, main dish or dessert of your choice (Let us know what you plan on bringing)

If you would like to share this event with us please RVSP with payment by Monday, November 7 to ensure your kit is here on time

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »

sadistic for sure.
No concrete or patio work?

Edit, good to see we're all on the same page once again.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2016, 11:51:16 AM »

Not sure if I think this idea is clever or hokey. Charlie's cigar lounge is throwing the following event:

We Are One Event
A unique and fun event. Saturday, November 19 & Sunday, November 20. CCL will provide and collect the sealed kits and send them to Ancestry. In 6 weeks the testing will come back with the results of your origins. The kits with shipping are $105.00 per person.

The Unveiling January
Jan 7 2017

Each individual will receive their Ancestry results.
This will be a pot luck event.There will be no fee other than a 2 cigar minimum purchase and we ask each individual to bring in a dish or Bottle that represents your heritage. That dish can be an appetizer, main dish or dessert of your choice (Let us know what you plan on bringing)

If you would like to share this event with us please RVSP with payment by Monday, November 7 to ensure your kit is here on time
Seems like a cool way to do it, if you're curious about it. My mom did that, was interesting to see all the different heritages involved. Can't hurt to add cigars and spirits to the equation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13