Author Topic: Election Day! - 11/8/2016  (Read 15744 times)

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

While not exciting games there is at least a couple of college football games on tonight to reduce the election pundit pain.

Eastern Michigan vs Ball State @ 7:00 ET  CBS Sports
(23) Western Michigan vs Kent State @ 7:30 ET   ESPN 2

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

good voter turn out in my area. very long lines. never experienced waiting to vote in 46 years as I did this morning. could almost smoke a cigar waiting if it was allowed.
Carry your pistol, sure, smoking, no.
I guess guns are safer than cigars.
Can't carry to the voting booths in TX.
Voting booths?  My voting booth is a mailbox.  Of course, I committed a Federal felony by driving up to the box in front of the Post Office while wearing a pistol.  Oopsie.

Morning, muchachos.  Decided to take a day off and watch this shitshow unfold from the comfort of my recliner.
You are a glutton for punishment.
sadistic for sure.

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

While not exciting games there is at least a couple of college football games on tonight to reduce the election pain.

Eastern Michigan vs Ball State @ 7:00 ET  CBS Sports
(23) Western Michigan vs Kent State @ 7:30 ET   ESPN 2
New episode of "Fixer Upper" as well I think.

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

While not exciting games there is at least a couple of college football games on tonight to reduce the election pundit pain.

Eastern Michigan vs Ball State @ 7:00 ET  CBS Sports
(23) Western Michigan vs Kent State @ 7:30 ET   ESPN 2
Go Flashes!

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

Speaking of TV, where's the Dancing with the Stars update?

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

So we were having a spirited Star Wars discussion at home and I was trying to remember what Jar Jar Binks looked like. So the trusty Oracle at Google was consulted and while scrolling through the images there was a photoshopped one of him naked. WTF? Now my boys are asking, can we see that again?
Pervert
Some of them take after their mom.

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

good voter turn out in my area. very long lines. never experienced waiting to vote in 46 years as I did this morning. could almost smoke a cigar waiting if it was allowed.
Carry your pistol, sure, smoking, no.
I guess guns are safer than cigars.
Can't carry to the voting booths in TX.
Voting booths?  My voting booth is a mailbox.  Of course, I committed a Federal felony by driving up to the box in front of the Post Office while wearing a pistol.  Oopsie.

Morning, muchachos.  Decided to take a day off and watch this shitshow unfold from the comfort of my recliner.
You are a glutton for punishment.
sadistic for sure.
Especially since most of the fun won't start until the polls start closing.

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

good voter turn out in my area. very long lines. never experienced waiting to vote in 46 years as I did this morning. could almost smoke a cigar waiting if it was allowed.
Carry your pistol, sure, smoking, no.
I guess guns are safer than cigars.
Can't carry to the voting booths in TX.
Voting booths?  My voting booth is a mailbox.  Of course, I committed a Federal felony by driving up to the box in front of the Post Office while wearing a pistol.  Oopsie.

Morning, muchachos.  Decided to take a day off and watch this shitshow unfold from the comfort of my recliner.
You are a glutton for punishment.
But I can start drinking early, so there's that.

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

good voter turn out in my area. very long lines. never experienced waiting to vote in 46 years as I did this morning. could almost smoke a cigar waiting if it was allowed.
Carry your pistol, sure, smoking, no.
I guess guns are safer than cigars.
Can't carry to the voting booths in TX.
Voting booths?  My voting booth is a mailbox.  Of course, I committed a Federal felony by driving up to the box in front of the Post Office while wearing a pistol.  Oopsie.

Morning, muchachos.  Decided to take a day off and watch this shitshow unfold from the comfort of my recliner.
You are a glutton for punishment.
sadistic for sure.
Well, I'm actually going to make it kind of a Dean/Tex kind of day.  Glorious weather, so I'm gonna put the Explorer in the shop to have the heater fixed, wash the Harley and take it for a spin, open a Roth IRA, buy a pressure washer, make a couple of runs to the landfill, order some more Cuban cigars.  Then I'll start drinking and watching the shitshow.

[...]

Sounds like a very full day. You'll need another day off tomorrow.  ;)

[...]

Throw a gazebo or some concrete in there and you're livin' the Dean life.

[...]

Well, my gazebo does need a new roof.  If Dean was here, that'd be a one-day job.  But for me, it's a solid weekend.  So, no time for that today.

Re: Election Day! - 11/8/2016

Not sure if I think this idea is clever or hokey. Charlie's cigar lounge is throwing the following event:

We Are One Event
A unique and fun event. Saturday, November 19 & Sunday, November 20. CCL will provide and collect the sealed kits and send them to Ancestry. In 6 weeks the testing will come back with the results of your origins. The kits with shipping are $105.00 per person.

The Unveiling January
Jan 7 2017

Each individual will receive their Ancestry results.
This will be a pot luck event.There will be no fee other than a 2 cigar minimum purchase and we ask each individual to bring in a dish or Bottle that represents your heritage. That dish can be an appetizer, main dish or dessert of your choice (Let us know what you plan on bringing)

If you would like to share this event with us please RVSP with payment by Monday, November 7 to ensure your kit is here on time

[...]

No concrete or patio work?

Edit, good to see we're all on the same page once again.

[...]

Seems like a cool way to do it, if you're curious about it. My mom did that, was interesting to see all the different heritages involved. Can't hurt to add cigars and spirits to the equation.