« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2016, 01:52:38 PM »

I don't shop on black Friday anyway but if you do then please consider not spending your money at these ass-hat operations (and any others that join in) depriving their lowest paid employees of Thanksgiving with their family and friends while the executives plan how to spend their bonus's!

"Because of the massive profit potential, the biggest stores including Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Sears will open their doors on Thanksgiving,"
I have shopped on Black Friday, but I never go out on Thanksgiving.  Don't they realize besides having to pay holiday pay to employees, they are only taking sales away from themselves on Friday... Hooray for Mall of America, for saying it WILL NOT open on Thanksgiving!
The overwhelming majority of those employees are part time and don't make a penny overtime pay.

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2016, 01:56:29 PM »

I don't shop on black Friday anyway but if you do then please consider not spending your money at these ass-hat operations (and any others that join in) depriving their lowest paid employees of Thanksgiving with their family and friends while the executives plan how to spend their bonus's!

"Because of the massive profit potential, the biggest stores including Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Sears will open their doors on Thanksgiving,"
I have shopped on Black Friday, but I never go out on Thanksgiving.  Don't they realize besides having to pay holiday pay to employees, they are only taking sales away from themselves on Friday... Hooray for Mall of America, for saying it WILL NOT open on Thanksgiving!
Hooray for everyone closing on that day, but it's hard to blame the stores completely. If people didn't have their priorities out of whack, no one would go. They're only responding to demand.
Indeed, though the stores work pretty damn hard at creating that demand.
The demand is already there, they're just creating the frenzy. Lol

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2016, 02:10:21 PM »

[...]

There aren't many stores calling them "door buster" sales anymore, fk'n Neanderthal shoppers took that to heart!

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2016, 02:12:56 PM »

 :o :o :o

DOW   - 231 points!

« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2016, 02:14:39 PM »

[...]

LALTS, that'll learn 'em!

« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2016, 02:22:19 PM »

Alright, another early in/early out day for me, then day off tomorrow to take care of some bidness. Back on Thursday. Hazzuh!

« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2016, 02:23:26 PM »

[...]

I'd go with you there if these stores made it completely optional for employees to work on the holiday.  But they don't, and turning down the "opportunity" is a sure way to shorten your tenure at those organizations, then I advocate punishing them in the marketplace.  And while I'm never a fan of the government interfering in the marketplace, I also wouldn't waste much time worrying about it if the government did decide to interfere with this practice.  Like...if the government was to say that all employees that have to work on Federal Holidays must be paid twice their normal hourly wage.  I wouldn't object to this at all.  Sure, the cost gets passed on to the consumers, but that'd sure put a dent in their ability to whip up the shopping frenzy.

« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2016, 02:25:27 PM »

I don't shop on black Friday anyway but if you do then please consider not spending your money at these ass-hat operations (and any others that join in) depriving their lowest paid employees of Thanksgiving with their family and friends while the executives plan how to spend their bonus's!

"Because of the massive profit potential, the biggest stores including Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Sears will open their doors on Thanksgiving,"
I have shopped on Black Friday, but I never go out on Thanksgiving.  Don't they realize besides having to pay holiday pay to employees, they are only taking sales away from themselves on Friday... Hooray for Mall of America, for saying it WILL NOT open on Thanksgiving!
The overwhelming majority of those employees are part time and don't make a penny overtime pay.
...this too.

« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »

I'm at the lounge and Charlie's late. Who's surprised?

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2016, 02:25:44 PM »

Alright, another early in/early out day for me, then day off tomorrow to take care of some bidness. Back on Thursday. Hazzuh!
Later Golf

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2016, 02:26:23 PM »

I'm at the lounge and Charlie's late. Who's surprised?
We are all surprised that you are there but probably no surprises regarding Charlie's tardiness.

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2016, 02:27:14 PM »

I'm at the lounge and Charlie's late. Who's surprised?
Not me.

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2016, 02:27:50 PM »

Good God I need a nap!

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2016, 02:28:09 PM »

Alright, another early in/early out day for me, then day off tomorrow to take care of some bidness. Back on Thursday. Hazzuh!
TWSS.  Huzzah!

« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »

I'm at the lounge and Charlie's late. Who's surprised?
Every single last one of us.....