CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: 10/11/2016  (Read 15879 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/11/2016
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2016, 12:49:06 PM »

SHEESH
Sorry, got slammed the moment I walked in the door at work.  Morning, Tex.

Morning Raz, extra slow day here.
Looks like it. Wasn't looking slow at work when I came in, but now I'm thinking it'll slow down.  I might get some postwhoring in today.
I am looking to get some lunch in real soon.
Not looking forward to my lunch today.  Been eating too much lately and spending too much on it.  So I'm eating a lot of celery today.
Leftover pizza from home for me, pretty good.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »

Good Morning here or afternoon there Flip
Yes, after a four day weekend (we had Columbus Day off), and I took Friday off,
 for daughter's Family weekend at the college.  Felt well rested, just didn't feel like rushing into work.
got 10am train in, and stopped for doughnuts and coffee at Tim Hortons, in NY Penn Station.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2016, 12:53:02 PM »

SHEESH
Looks like it. Wasn't looking slow at work when I came in, but now I'm thinking it'll slow down.  I might get some postwhoring in today.
Not looking forward to my lunch today.  Been eating too much lately and spending too much on it.  So I'm eating a lot of celery today.
smart, negative calories, it takes more calories to chew it, then you get from it.
However all bets are off if it's loaded with peanut butter or cream cheese!  8)
Just a touch of peanut butter.  Enough to taste.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2016, 12:54:13 PM »

SHEESH
celery isn't too bad, if you have some blue cheese dressing,
 and Buffalo hot wings to go with it!
Ain't that the truth.  But then, that would violate my reasons for bringing it for lunch.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »

Team meeting for the day canceled. Wooo!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »

How very nice!!!!   

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2016, 01:09:25 PM »

How very nice!!!!
Yeah, no complaints here.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2016, 01:11:26 PM »

SHEESH

Leftover pizza from home for me, pretty good.
I had Oxtails, and ginger beer at a Caribbean restaurant on Thursday evening(and it had karaoke!).
Yesterday went to Killmeyers had some good German beer and food.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »

I don't shop on black Friday anyway but if you do then please consider not spending your money at these ass-hat operations (and any others that join in) depriving their lowest paid employees of Thanksgiving with their family and friends while the executives plan how to spend their bonus's!

"Because of the massive profit potential, the biggest stores including Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Sears will open their doors on Thanksgiving,"

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2016, 01:36:24 PM »

I don't shop on black Friday anyway but if you do then please consider not spending your money at these ass-hat operations (and any others that join in) depriving their lowest paid employees of Thanksgiving with their family and friends while the executives plan how to spend their bonus's!

"Because of the massive profit potential, the biggest stores including Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Sears will open their doors on Thanksgiving,"
Amen.  I've never done any Black Friday shopping.  This year I expect to be in the wilds of Montana hunting deer...or celebrating a successful hunt.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2016, 01:43:44 PM »

I say anyone who shops on Thanksgiving deserves all the mass rioting and hysteria they encounter.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2016, 01:45:17 PM »

I have shopped on Black Friday, but I never go out on Thanksgiving.  Don't they realize besides having to pay holiday pay to employees, they are only taking sales away from themselves on Friday... Hooray for Mall of America, for saying it WILL NOT open on Thanksgiving!

Threebean

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2016, 01:48:39 PM »

Don't patronize these places anyway, B&M or on-line, and sure as hell would not on Thanksgiving. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »

I have shopped on Black Friday, but I never go out on Thanksgiving.  Don't they realize besides having to pay holiday pay to employees, they are only taking sales away from themselves on Friday... Hooray for Mall of America, for saying it WILL NOT open on Thanksgiving!
Hooray for everyone closing on that day, but it's hard to blame the stores completely. If people didn't have their priorities out of whack, no one would go. They're only responding to demand.

Threebean

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2016, 01:49:34 PM »

Hooray for everyone closing on that day, but it's hard to blame the stores completely. If people didn't have their priorities out of whack, no one would go. They're only responding to demand.
Indeed, though the stores work pretty damn hard at creating that demand.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14