CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: 9/19/2016  (Read 13567 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/19/2016
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2016, 11:33:29 AM »

Suspect In NYC, NJ Explosions In Custody

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man being sought in connection with an explosion in Seaside Park, New Jersey and another blast in Chelsea is believed to be in custody, Linden police said.

Authorities have been looking for Ahmad Khan Rahami, a 28-year-old naturalized U.S. citizen from Afghanistan.

Linden police said they responded to a call of a man sleeping in a doorway. When officers arrived, the man opened fire, injuring two officers, police told CBS2.

The NYPD and the FBI first said Monday morning that Rahami was being sought in the Chelsea explosion that left 29 people hurt.

New Jersey State Police said later Monday, citing the FBI, that the bombing in Chelsea was connected to the Seaside Park blast that happened before a charity 5K race. No one was injured in that incident.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2016, 11:33:59 AM »

One would think the Market Futures would be in the tank with the bombing issues but DOW Futures are UP 70 points.
spurred by runs on pressure cookers and pipe.
Good morning boys.  Stayed a little extra in Penn Station this morning.  thought I would have some
coffee and a few Tim Horton donuts.  Doing my part to thumb my nose to the terrorists, (and I hadn't
had a Canadian maple donut in a long while!).   BTW Good morning.....

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2016, 11:36:09 AM »

One would think the Market Futures would be in the tank with the bombing issues but DOW Futures are UP 70 points.
Good morning boys.  Stayed a little extra in Penn Station this morning.  thought I would have some
coffee and a few Tim Horton donuts.  Doing my part to thumb my nose to the terrorists, (and I hadn't
Morning MapleFlip

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2016, 11:37:05 AM »

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man being sought in connection with an explosion in Seaside Park, New Jersey and another blast in Chelsea is believed to be in custody, Linden police said.

Authorities have been looking for Ahmad Khan Rahami, a 28-year-old naturalized U.S. citizen from Afghanistan.

Linden police said they responded to a call of a man sleeping in a doorway. When officers arrived, the man opened fire, injuring two officers, police told CBS2.

The NYPD and the FBI first said Monday morning that Rahami was being sought in the Chelsea explosion that left 29 people hurt.

New Jersey State Police said later Monday, citing the FBI, that the bombing in Chelsea was connected to the Seaside Park blast that happened before a charity 5K race. No one was injured in that incident.
the mayor of New York went two for two Sunday morning.
1. this is not a terrorist attack
2. it is not related to the NJ bombing on the shore.

Threebean

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2016, 11:37:38 AM »

Just finished up my Corporate General Training for the Quarter...
E discovery, The Records Roadshow
Certificate of Policy against trading securities on the basis of non-public (Insider) information.
Insider Trading
Record Retention Policy Certificate.

Yea!
No diversity refresher course?  So you're still a bigot/racist/homophobe then.  Got it.
Yeah but he is not a Deplorable like me.
That is the worst.  Excuse me while I go to my safe place.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2016, 11:42:41 AM »

Make it 3 - it was not an International attack

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2016, 11:43:41 AM »

But of course Hillary says it was not a bomb, 40 minutes after she said it was a bomb

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »

Certificate of Policy against trading securities on the basis of non-public (Insider) information.
Insider Trading

Yea!
No diversity refresher course?  So you're still a bigot/racist/homophobe then.  Got it.
Need to wait for the proper training cycle.  I just completed the requirements that were listed for the quarter.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2016, 11:53:37 AM »

Insider Trading

Yea!
I guess if the dentist didn't have any availability, this would be the next best thing.
LOL, yeah this is about half-way between the dentist and the proctologist.
Just don't get those two mixed up, especially when they're using a scope.   :o

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2016, 11:54:46 AM »

5 painters at work, should get this job done on time.
Not if three of them are named, Moe, Larry & Curly.
and the other two are brothers named Daryl.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »

Didn't they give out free ones like Krispy Kreme for National Pirates Day?

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2016, 11:58:42 AM »

Last time I checked, you don't need a passport to get from Elizabeth or Linden NJ to New York City.
Path train will do it fine (well from Newark, but looks like he drove.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »

Didn't they give out free ones like Krispy Kreme for National Pirates Day?
no, but being a Canadian Company, you had to say
heh, instead of Arrggh.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2016, 12:08:13 PM »

Last time I checked, you don't need a passport to get from Elizabeth or Linden NJ to New York City.
But you need one to get from Afghanistan to there.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2016, 12:31:46 PM »

But you need one to get from Afghanistan to there.
He's a naturalized citizen, so legally - which is all that ever really counts - this was a domestic attack.  But it underscores that no matter how liberally one wants to look at this, we have a problem with Muslim immigrants.  And Muslims give the lie to the liberal viewpoint that all religions are somehow equally worthy (or equally unworthy).  Muslims are a different kettle of fish altogether.  It's one of the few things about which Bill Maher is right.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12