CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: 9/19/2016  (Read 13469 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/19/2016
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 08:00:54 AM »

Elizabeth, NJ - A device in a backpack was detonated near the Elizabeth train station early Monday as authorities were using a bomb robot to examine the item, officials said.

The blast occurred around 12:40 a.m. near Morris Avenue and Julian Place. The explosion was not a controlled blast, but happened as a bomb robot was cutting the device, according to Mayor Christian Bollwage. No one was injured in the blast, Bollwage said.

Police found five devices inside a single backpack near the train station, including one that went off. After the explosion, press and bystanders were moved back because the other explosive devices inside of the backpack were believed to still be live, Bollwage said.

On Twitter, the FBI's Newark division said "multiple improvised explosive devices" were found near the train station.

The incident unfolded after two men found the backpack in a waste basket on North Broad Street and Julian Place around 9:30 p.m. Sunday, the mayor said.

The men took the package "because they thought it was of some value," walked for a bit, then saw wires and a pipe, dropped the package and notified Elizabeth Police, he said.

Bollwage told reporters the explosives were found not far from Wally's Pub near the train station.
Trains are all messed up today because of it. Thanks O'Bummer.
Just don't refer to any of the bombers as bombers, terrorists, foreigners or Muslims.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 08:02:02 AM »

Elizabeth, NJ - A device in a backpack was detonated near the Elizabeth train station early Monday as authorities were using a bomb robot to examine the item, officials said.

The blast occurred around 12:40 a.m. near Morris Avenue and Julian Place. The explosion was not a controlled blast, but happened as a bomb robot was cutting the device, according to Mayor Christian Bollwage. No one was injured in the blast, Bollwage said.

Police found five devices inside a single backpack near the train station, including one that went off. After the explosion, press and bystanders were moved back because the other explosive devices inside of the backpack were believed to still be live, Bollwage said.

On Twitter, the FBI's Newark division said "multiple improvised explosive devices" were found near the train station.

The incident unfolded after two men found the backpack in a waste basket on North Broad Street and Julian Place around 9:30 p.m. Sunday, the mayor said.

The men took the package "because they thought it was of some value," walked for a bit, then saw wires and a pipe, dropped the package and notified Elizabeth Police, he said.

Bollwage told reporters the explosives were found not far from Wally's Pub near the train station.
They were all shut down until about 4:00 - 5:00 this morning according to the news.

Additionally you have the UN meeting in the City all week.  That should create plenty of disruption in itself.

Threebean

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 08:04:13 AM »

Morning men. The answer is yes.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 08:04:23 AM »

Photo of Man Wanted in NYC-Area Bombing Released

Authorities are searching for a man named Ahmad Khan Rahami in connection with the bombing that took place in the Chelsea area of New York City Saturday night, a source told ABC News.

The FBI has released a wanted poster with a photo of Rahami, 28.

The address of a home being searched by FBI agents in Elizabeth, New Jersey, is linked to a person with a similar name.

This is a breaking news story. Check back for updates.
Guess it would be racist to believe this might be linked to Muslim radicals...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 08:05:05 AM »

They were all shut down until about 4:00 - 5:00 this morning according to the news.
An express train that normally wouldn't stop at my station, did so. I have to stand but at least I'm on my way. Not sure why I give a shit about being in the office on time. Lose/lose

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »

Just don't refer to any of the bombers as bombers, terrorists, foreigners or Muslims.
thinking the same thing....don't want to offend.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 08:06:02 AM »

Carolina Dave....I think you have less than 14 Mondays....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 08:06:45 AM »

Morning CarolinaDave, WorkAtHomeTony and HoldingDownTheFortBean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2016, 08:07:43 AM »

@Bean....did you see Fishy's little project from the weekend?  TV was kinda small though, but then I remembered it was Fish.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2016, 08:19:32 AM »

Carolina Dave....I think you have less than 14 Mondays....
13 but this banter does not work well using an iPad so have not changed it.   I already deducted for holidays and planned vacation days.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2016, 08:20:52 AM »

@Bean....did you see Fishy's little project from the weekend?  TV was kinda small though, but then I remembered it was Fish.
I was thinking the same thing, a bathroom size tv but guess Fish has good eyes, or maybe the Missy Fish had the last say in tv selections. ::)

Morning Bean.

Threebean

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »

Yes I did.  Looks like fishy has been watching a little too much Chip and Joanna with that barn door slider.  And the trim wasn't mitered. I give it a C+.   ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2016, 08:44:54 AM »

Morning CarolinaDave, WorkAtHomeTony and HoldingDownTheFortBean.
No work at home for me. My wife is there. At least coming into the office I have a chance...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2016, 08:52:03 AM »

An express train that normally wouldn't stop at my station, did so. I have to stand but at least I'm on my way. Not sure why I give a shit about being in the office on time. Lose/lose
Hope you figure out that answer soon Mr. Mayor.

sfish

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2016, 08:52:28 AM »

Yes I did.  Looks like fishy has been watching a little too much Chip and Joanna with that barn door slider.  And the trim wasn't mitered. I give it a C+.   ;)
No miters on purpose Bean, c'mon. Keep up with the barn decor...and the tv is 42", perfect fit. You were probably confused by the look of a completed project in a short period of time 😂
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12