CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: 9/14/2016  (Read 16371 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/14/2016
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »

Smoke snuffed, time to get ready and hit the streets lunch with the DIL and her mother then have a  Few neighborhoods to check out today.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »

Looks like TS Julia is on her way to FL.
she turned into a TS on land, not sea, up by Jacksonville this morning early.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2016, 10:45:14 AM »

Smoke snuffed, time to get ready and hit the streets lunch with the DIL and her mother then have a  Few neighborhoods to check out today.
enjoy Dave.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2016, 10:48:07 AM »

heading out me self. think I'll take in an Attitude Adjustment meeting at noon.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2016, 10:53:47 AM »

BTW, an interesting note to the La Sirena conversation from last week. I have a box of the original robustos (The Prince) at home and the factory stamp on the bottom is La Zona
Wonder if that bodes well or not for the Mermaids or not, which are still available in the clearance section, now.
The odd thing is that, in their history on the website they never mention production at La Zona, which I would consider to be a positive for the product if it were made there. They went from My Father to Miranda which is maybe not so good, that's where the Mermaids were produced, I believe. That said their latest cigar (Porthole) was very good, a gift from Tony awhile back
Haven't been able to find more of those.

Some general info:
The Porthole was an exclusive project, for B&M stores only, small production of 800 boxes in a Connecticut wrapper and Oscuro wrapper. Made out of Erik Espinosa’s La Zona factory, where the original La Sirena was produced.
Note:  Connecticut is the Toro, the other two vitolas are Habano Oscuro.

Still available at Pipes and Cigars  http://www.pipesandcigars.com/cigars/95780/porthole-by-la-sirena/

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »

Story for our on the job training archives:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/09/14/diversity-video/90348828/
He will appeal and get some money out of the dumbasses.
With the plethora of "training" you get every year I expected by now you had your LGTB indoctrination. Got any transgender restroom signs yet?
you are behind on your abreviations, the current PC one is "LGTB?"  they have added "questioning" to the mix.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2016, 11:08:42 AM »

You pick up some LaBomba's Fish?
In the cart, I'll complete that one today as long as they're still there

Nice price on those... and see I still have a MCII pc box in my cart showing "in stock" for $60.  ;D
I just finally pulled the trigger on the same today.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2016, 11:18:04 AM »

Accessory day on the monster, plus meh... uninspiring

Threebean

« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »

Story for our on the job training archives:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/09/14/diversity-video/90348828/
He will appeal and get some money out of the dumbasses.
With the plethora of "training" you get every year I expected by now you had your LGTB indoctrination. Got any transgender restroom signs yet?
None of that chit at my place - YET!  I don't think we even have any gay or transgender S in our office right now but we have had quite a few lezbo's before and I think only one obvious fruit-loop.
Are those official terms used in your training?    ....lol
Was going to say, looks like TxDave is going to need the all day immersive version of that training.  Sign in is at Oil Can Harry's, the door at the rear.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »

Think you're right.

sfish

« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »

Think you're right.
Try anything new at Ballast Point yesterday?

litenup

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2016, 12:23:44 PM »

BTW, an interesting note to the La Sirena conversation from last week. I have a box of the original robustos (The Prince) at home and the factory stamp on the bottom is La Zona
Wonder if that bodes well or not for the Mermaids or not, which are still available in the clearance section, now.
The odd thing is that, in their history on the website they never mention production at La Zona, which I would consider to be a positive for the product if it were made there. They went from My Father to Miranda which is maybe not so good, that's where the Mermaids were produced, I believe. That said their latest cigar (Porthole) was very good, a gift from Tony awhile back

Some general info:
The Porthole was an exclusive project, for B&M stores only, small production of 800 boxes in a Connecticut wrapper and Oscuro wrapper. Made out of Erik Espinosa’s La Zona factory, where the original La Sirena was produced.

Still available at Pipes and Cigars  http://www.pipesandcigars.com/cigars/95780/porthole-by-la-sirena/
Thought the La Zona were not near as good as the Pepin's. And interesting that none of the major online retailers mentioned the change for months. Wound up sending a box back to the sister after smoking one. WTF moment. Looked on the bottom. There it was

litenup

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »

Never did post my review either........

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2016, 12:29:42 PM »

Some general info:

Thought the La Zona were not near as good as the Pepin's. And interesting that none of the major online retailers mentioned the change for months. Wound up sending a box back to the sister after smoking one. WTF moment. Looked on the bottom. There it was
Some companies are pretty up front about those kind of changes...others not so much. Important for us to keep sharing the info.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2016, 12:33:21 PM »

Never did post my review either........
Whoa, a founding member with only 6 posts, I had to go back and check.
Sure enough he joined in the first few days.   Post more good sir!  8)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14