« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2016, 10:33:26 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out!
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?

Musta been Atlantic. I don't see any inventory at Smoke Inn... which is odd for a new release.
Plus he's a VIP sales rep there, so...

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2016, 10:34:01 AM »

Mash has a couple Free Shipping prospects. CroMagnon Mode 5 & Clemson toros... the there's always the NR standard. And today is even the sub-$20 version.
Have 5 pack of El Brujito for 19.98 or 10 for 37.98....
I loaded the tub with CroMagnon's over the weekend, not such a great deal on the Laranja's even with catsrule.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »

Mash has a couple Free Shipping prospects. CroMagnon Mode 5 & Clemson toros... the there's always the NR standard. And today is even the sub-$20 version.
Have 5 pack of El Brujito for 19.98 or 10 for 37.98....
...and no bargain on the Clemson's..... >:(

NR Standard is the El Brujito... and you gotta use the 20% code. I thought $6.71 ea. was pretty good. Jam was $34 months ago. Haven't been on since.  ;)

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2016, 10:39:16 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out!
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?
Atlantic.  I got the last one of the Ranfla's, they have just one or two left of the other sizes from the current shipment.  SmokeInn doesn't have them yet. (although I saw they have AJF Bella Artes)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2016, 10:40:25 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out!
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?

Musta been Atlantic. I don't see any inventory at Smoke Inn... which is odd for a new release.
Plus he's a VIP sales rep there, so...

I know, Right. A 5er is $61 there, but I'm sure that's not Rep price... They are B/O for the vitola I'm looking for anyway.

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out!
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?
Atlantic.  I got the last one of the Ranfla's, they have just one or two left of the other sizes from the current shipment.  SmokeInn doesn't have them yet. (although I saw they have AJF Bella Artes)
good morning boys, that reminds me I have the AJF Enclave, i haven't tried yet.

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2016, 10:41:15 AM »

A Whale of a Fail

The winner of this year’s White Marlin Open allegedly failed a polygraph test, but he refuses to return the $2.8 million in prize money he received.

A little more than a week has passed since SCD brought you the story of a tournament angler who won first, second, and third place for a single fish. Phillip Heasley of the Kallianassa boated a 76½-pound marlin on August 9, the second day of this year’s White Marlin Open. While the fish itself wasn’t particularly large in the annals of the tournament, it was the winning catch because no one else landed anything that qualified for the competition.

As a result, Heasley was set to win $2,818,662 million—his first-place winnings and the monies set aside for second and third place. He was set to win that amount; a polygraph test administered after the tournament victory and his alleged failure to pass said test have led to Heasley’s disqualification and a courtroom drama.

According to court documents entered by the WMO, the polygraph was administered August 13, the day after the tournament closed. Heasley the captain of the Kallianassa, both took the test, with the officials asking them a series of questions. Three questions threw up red flags:

1) “Did you commit any Tournament violations on Tuesday?”

2) “Did you commit any Tournament violations on your vessel?”

3) “Did you commit any Tournament violations?”

The two reportedly answered “No,” “No,” “No,” but the polygraph showed “Yes,” “Yes,” “Yes.” Three other crew members also allegedly lied in their polygraph tests, with it eventually coming to light that the winning marlin had been caught at 8:15 a.m. the morning of August 9. Tournament rules required the catch to be made after 8:30 a.m. to qualify; the time-of-catch on the boat’s logs appeared to have been changed to read “9:05 a.m.” sometime later.
Tension on the high seas!
It was in FL so why is it that I just keep on thinking Dean has to be involved somehow somewhere simply by association?
funny, but I'm not into fishing, although I do have a couple of ultralites with 3# test line. just keep losing bait trying for bsss.
So you're saying you have problems hanging on to your worm? We still talking fishing here, or are you writing an autobiography? ;)
There are life-lessons that transcend the specific event.

« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2016, 10:41:45 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out!
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?
Atlantic.  I got the last one of the Ranfla's, they have just one or two left of the other sizes from the current shipment.  SmokeInn doesn't have them yet. (although I saw they have AJF Bella Artes)
good morning boys, that reminds me I have the AJF Enclave, i haven't tried yet.
Let's get on with that Flip!  Good morning.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2016, 10:43:01 AM »

Mash has a couple Free Shipping prospects. CroMagnon Mode 5 & Clemson toros... the there's always the NR standard. And today is even the sub-$20 version.
Have 5 pack of El Brujito for 19.98 or 10 for 37.98....
I loaded the tub with CroMagnon's over the weekend, not such a great deal on the Laranja's even with catsrule.

I prefer the maduro, but the Aquitaine is nice. Same filler/binder
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2016, 10:45:59 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out!
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?
Atlantic.  I got the last one of the Ranfla's, they have just one or two left of the other sizes from the current shipment.  SmokeInn doesn't have them yet. (although I saw they have AJF Bella Artes)
good morning boys, that reminds me I have the AJF Enclave, i haven't tried yet.

Morning, Flip. Enclave should be tried. Good smoke... even for AJ.  ;)

« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2016, 10:46:39 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out!
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?

Musta been Atlantic. I don't see any inventory at Smoke Inn... which is odd for a new release.
Plus he's a VIP sales rep there, so...

I know, Right. A 5er is $61 there, but I'm sure that's not Rep price... They are B/O for the vitola I'm looking for anyway.
My price for fivers of Clemson's are $34-38.  There have been some much better prices on the Page after you wade through the rest of the BS.

I was surprised not to see them at Smoke Inn as well.  They are usually one of the first to get new releases (by a couple of weeks).
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »

Mash has a couple Free Shipping prospects. CroMagnon Mode 5 & Clemson toros... the there's always the NR standard. And today is even the sub-$20 version.
Have 5 pack of El Brujito for 19.98 or 10 for 37.98....
...and no bargain on the Clemson's..... >:(

NR Standard is the El Brujito... and you gotta use the 20% code. I thought $6.71 ea. was pretty good. Jam was $34 months ago. Haven't been on since.  ;)

20LABOR

« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2016, 10:51:21 AM »

Mash has a couple Free Shipping prospects. CroMagnon Mode 5 & Clemson toros... the there's always the NR standard. And today is even the sub-$20 version.
Have 5 pack of El Brujito for 19.98 or 10 for 37.98....
...and no bargain on the Clemson's..... >:(

NR Standard is the El Brujito... and you gotta use the 20% code. I thought $6.71 ea. was pretty good. Jam was $34 months ago. Haven't been on since.  ;)

20LABOR
Doesn't that require a $100+ purchase?

« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2016, 10:54:07 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out!
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?

Musta been Atlantic. I don't see any inventory at Smoke Inn... which is odd for a new release.
Plus he's a VIP sales rep there, so...
Well.... ::)

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2016, 10:54:34 AM »

Mash has a couple Free Shipping prospects. CroMagnon Mode 5 & Clemson toros... the there's always the NR standard. And today is even the sub-$20 version.
Have 5 pack of El Brujito for 19.98 or 10 for 37.98....
...and no bargain on the Clemson's..... >:(

NR Standard is the El Brujito... and you gotta use the 20% code. I thought $6.71 ea. was pretty good. Jam was $34 months ago. Haven't been on since.  ;)

20LABOR
Doesn't that require a $100+ purchase?
Yea....but it's for your son.......