CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: 8/30/2016  (Read 15801 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2016, 10:15:52 AM »

Do I want a 10 ct of Uncle Lee's for $40?
I do,.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2016, 10:16:18 AM »

More boxes of Uncle Lee's up.  They sure are trying to clear these out! 
Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2016, 10:20:39 AM »

G'Morning, Rainbow Warriors
Morning Steve, how are you today?  Ready for the weekend?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2016, 10:22:31 AM »

Well worth it for that price.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »

A Whale of a Fail

The winner of this year’s White Marlin Open allegedly failed a polygraph test, but he refuses to return the $2.8 million in prize money he received.

A little more than a week has passed since SCD brought you the story of a tournament angler who won first, second, and third place for a single fish. Phillip Heasley of the Kallianassa boated a 76½-pound marlin on August 9, the second day of this year’s White Marlin Open. While the fish itself wasn’t particularly large in the annals of the tournament, it was the winning catch because no one else landed anything that qualified for the competition.

As a result, Heasley was set to win $2,818,662 million—his first-place winnings and the monies set aside for second and third place. He was set to win that amount; a polygraph test administered after the tournament victory and his alleged failure to pass said test have led to Heasley’s disqualification and a courtroom drama.

According to court documents entered by the WMO, the polygraph was administered August 13, the day after the tournament closed. Heasley the captain of the Kallianassa, both took the test, with the officials asking them a series of questions. Three questions threw up red flags:

1) “Did you commit any Tournament violations on Tuesday?”

2) “Did you commit any Tournament violations on your vessel?”

3) “Did you commit any Tournament violations?”

The two reportedly answered “No,” “No,” “No,” but the polygraph showed “Yes,” “Yes,” “Yes.” Three other crew members also allegedly lied in their polygraph tests, with it eventually coming to light that the winning marlin had been caught at 8:15 a.m. the morning of August 9. Tournament rules required the catch to be made after 8:30 a.m. to qualify; the time-of-catch on the boat’s logs appeared to have been changed to read “9:05 a.m.” sometime later.
Tension on the high seas!
It was in FL so why is it that I just keep on thinking Dean has to be involved somehow somewhere simply by association?
funny, but I'm not into fishing, although I do have a couple of ultralites with 3# test line. just keep losing bait trying for bsss.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »

A deal worthy of "carting" for the free shipping alone. Haha

I gave $35 at one point. They are definitely worth that.  ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2016, 10:23:44 AM »

We'll just call that guy Austin from now on.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2016, 10:24:50 AM »

A Whale of a Fail

The winner of this year’s White Marlin Open allegedly failed a polygraph test, but he refuses to return the $2.8 million in prize money he received.

A little more than a week has passed since SCD brought you the story of a tournament angler who won first, second, and third place for a single fish. Phillip Heasley of the Kallianassa boated a 76½-pound marlin on August 9, the second day of this year’s White Marlin Open. While the fish itself wasn’t particularly large in the annals of the tournament, it was the winning catch because no one else landed anything that qualified for the competition.

As a result, Heasley was set to win $2,818,662 million—his first-place winnings and the monies set aside for second and third place. He was set to win that amount; a polygraph test administered after the tournament victory and his alleged failure to pass said test have led to Heasley’s disqualification and a courtroom drama.

According to court documents entered by the WMO, the polygraph was administered August 13, the day after the tournament closed. Heasley the captain of the Kallianassa, both took the test, with the officials asking them a series of questions. Three questions threw up red flags:

The two reportedly answered “No,” “No,” “No,” but the polygraph showed “Yes,” “Yes,” “Yes.” Three other crew members also allegedly lied in their polygraph tests, with it eventually coming to light that the winning marlin had been caught at 8:15 a.m. the morning of August 9. Tournament rules required the catch to be made after 8:30 a.m. to qualify; the time-of-catch on the boat’s logs appeared to have been changed to read “9:05 a.m.” sometime later.
Tension on the high seas!
It was in FL so why is it that I just keep on thinking Dean has to be involved somehow somewhere simply by association?
funny, but I'm not into fishing, although I do have a couple of ultralites with 3# test line. just keep losing bait trying for bsss.
So you're saying you have problems hanging on to your worm? We still talking fishing here, or are you writing an autobiography? ;)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2016, 10:25:36 AM »

A Whale of a Fail

Imagine that...a fisherman who lies.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »

Have one of his successor....Chief Cool Arrow to try.  Giving it a bit of a rest.  Presentation is almost identical except for some colors.

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2016, 10:28:07 AM »

We'll just call that guy Austin from now on.

... The Six Million Dollar Man!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2016, 10:30:16 AM »

A deal worthy of "carting" for the free shipping alone. Haha

I gave $35 at one point. They are definitely worth that.  ;)
Was on the phone about a boat and missed them, was actually going to send them to my son.  I have an adequate stock myself.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2016, 10:31:04 AM »

Mash has a couple Free Shipping prospects. CroMagnon Mode 5 & Clemson toros... the there's always the NR standard. And today is even the sub-$20 version.
Have 5 pack of El Brujito for 19.98 or 10 for 37.98....
...and no bargain on the Clemson's..... >:(

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2016, 10:31:32 AM »

Market Open

DOW   + 7  @ 18,510
-56  @ 18,447

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »

You get those Chiefs from Smoke Inn or Atlantic?

Musta been Atlantic. I don't see any inventory at Smoke Inn... which is odd for a new release.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16