« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2016, 01:54:21 PM »

I meant to comment on this earlier...

Thank you NJDave for the information on Black Tom. I've lived here my whole life and never heard of it. Very interesting.

And oddly enough, tomorrow is Black TOT Day.
Had to look that one up too. I just assumed you were effing with me.
Me too but it is an interesting story.  I better plan to have a Rum Tot tomorrow.

« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2016, 02:00:34 PM »

I meant to comment on this earlier...

Thank you NJDave for the information on Black Tom. I've lived here my whole life and never heard of it. Very interesting.

And oddly enough, tomorrow is Black TOT Day.
Had to look that one up too. I just assumed you were effing with me.
Me too but it is an interesting story.  I better plan to have a Rum Tot tomorrow.
A hot toddy? Probably too warm for that. But you know what? I'll have myself some rum tomorrow as well. Any excuse will do.

« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2016, 02:08:08 PM »

Some interesting posting today, men. 10 pages on a Saturday? Well done.

« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2016, 02:09:25 PM »

Here are two of my sons two favorites

Husk
Order the Fried Chicken Skins with hot sauce and honey; The Husk Burger, quite possibly the finest example of a hamburger in the South; and a side of skillet cornbread with Allan Benton’s bacon. Oh, and the veggie plate. Honestly, this is the perfect opportunity to #ordereverything.

XIAO BAO BISCUIT
Tucked in an old gas station in Charleston, Xiao Bao Biscuit has given the Peninsula a new take on the lunch counter with their Asian comfort foods, such as Tenri-style ramen (thin, straight noodles in a soy-based broth) with pork belly, kimchi, stewed greens, and a slow-cooked farm egg.
Absolutely the best steaks and chops in Charleston

https://hallschophouse.com

Have not been here but high on Travellin Dave's list

https://magnoliascharleston.com

A must try Lowcountry food establishment

http://hominygrill.com

Excellent choice

http://www.poogansporch.com/#_=_

And I can give you at least a dozen more
Agree, there is no shortage in Charleston and surrounding area.

My favorite upscale is probably Magnolia's

Then
McCrady's
Circa 1886
Poogan's Porch / Smokehouse (two different sites)
SNOB (Slightly North of Broad)
Husk
Red Drum  (surprised Tex didn't mention this one as it has a Texas influence)
High Cotton

No frills:
Bowens Island
Fat Hen
Roadside Seafood
Leon's Oyster Shop
Tattooed Moose

« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2016, 02:12:15 PM »

Some interesting posting today, men. 10 pages on a Saturday? Well done.
Especially seeing as how we only hit 11 on Monday and Tuesday. Go Team Saturday!

« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2016, 02:22:58 PM »

Some interesting posting today, men. 10 pages on a Saturday? Well done.
Especially seeing as how we only hit 11 on Monday and Tuesday. Go Team Saturday!
Indeed. By midnight we might hit 12, which is the high for the week. Again, not sure why it even matters...

« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »

Touchscreen doesn't want to work.... too much condensation bringing it out from the house to the garage.  Ought to bring out my cigars, get some natural humidification.

« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »

@LTG: What ever happened to Nates NYC trip?

« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »

Some interesting posting today, men. 10 pages on a Saturday? Well done.
Especially seeing as how we only hit 11 on Monday and Tuesday. Go Team Saturday!
Indeed. By midnight we might hit 12, which is the high for the week. Again, not sure why it even matters...
We need goals.

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2016, 02:25:07 PM »

Just got the mowing in before another round of showers came through.

« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2016, 02:25:41 PM »

Touchscreen doesn't want to work.... too much condensation bringing it out from the house to the garage.  Ought to bring out my cigars, get some natural humidification.
I hear ya. Just went out to bring in my neighbors mail/parcels. (They're away for the weekend). Been back for 10 minutes and I'm still sweating.

« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »

@LTG: What ever happened to Nates NYC trip?
Lol, it had originally been scheduled for I think 3 Saturdays after CF. Then one day the following week, they called him and said it had been moved up to that day, could he be there in 3 hours. So, that was the end of that.

« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2016, 02:29:54 PM »

Touchscreen doesn't want to work.... too much condensation bringing it out from the house to the garage.  Ought to bring out my cigars, get some natural humidification.
I hear ya. Just went out to bring in my neighbors mail/parcels. (They're away for the weekend). Been back for 10 minutes and I'm still sweating.
We finally got down to normal range after storms came through yesterday. Had a few days there where smoking at night was just not an option, unless I wanted to get peeled off the garage couch when I was done.

« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2016, 02:30:48 PM »

@LTG: What ever happened to Nates NYC trip?
Lol, it had originally been scheduled for I think 3 Saturdays after CF. Then one day the following week, they called him and said it had been moved up to that day, could he be there in 3 hours. So, that was the end of that.
That blows.

« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »

Just got the mowing in before another round of showers came through.
It just got cloudy here. Expecting a t-storm within the hour.