« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »

You boys have been to Charleston, right? Where is it that it's a must stop to eat, if I happen to be in the area?
Been there plenty of times and just tons of fine dining but it is highly commieized!    Depends on what you are in the mood for and where you are but a duck club sandwich, duck fat fries and a couple of Pluf Mud beers at the Tatooed Moose are a necessity.  I can give you a list of great places to eat when you go.
That sounds good. In general, I'm looking for kid friendly. I'll be traveling with my brood in tow.
Condolences. :)
Sorry to hear that, can you sneak out?

« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »

You boys have been to Charleston, right? Where is it that it's a must stop to eat, if I happen to be in the area?
Been there plenty of times and just tons of fine dining but it is highly commieized!    Depends on what you are in the mood for and where you are but a duck club sandwich, duck fat fries and a couple of Pluf Mud beers at the Tatooed Moose are a necessity.  I can give you a list of great places to eat when you go.
That sounds good. In general, I'm looking for kid friendly. I'll be traveling with my brood in tow.
Condolences. :)
Sorry to hear that, can you sneak out?
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/restaurant-locator.html

« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »

Hopefully balloonists in NJ are a bit better than those in Lockhart Texas...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/hot-air-balloon-carrying-at-least-16-people-crashes-in-texas.html
Holy sheesh!

BBQ is a hell of a lot better in Lockhart I bet!  Some of the best in TX there.

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2016, 01:02:55 PM »

Hopefully balloonists in NJ are a bit better than those in Lockhart Texas...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/hot-air-balloon-carrying-at-least-16-people-crashes-in-texas.html
Holy sheesh!

BBQ is a hell of a lot better in Lockhart I bet!  Some of the best in TX there.
Oh the humanity!

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »

Hopefully balloonists in NJ are a bit better than those in Lockhart Texas...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/hot-air-balloon-carrying-at-least-16-people-crashes-in-texas.html
Holy sheesh!

BBQ is a hell of a lot better in Lockhart I bet!  Some of the best in TX there.
Oh the humanity!
HindenburgDave.  It is tragic and sounds like the balloon was overcrowded.

« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2016, 01:24:48 PM »

Hopefully balloonists in NJ are a bit better than those in Lockhart Texas...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/hot-air-balloon-carrying-at-least-16-people-crashes-in-texas.html
Holy sheesh!

BBQ is a hell of a lot better in Lockhart I bet!  Some of the best in TX there.
Oh the humanity!
You probably need to hide in your safe room.

« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »

Hopefully balloonists in NJ are a bit better than those in Lockhart Texas...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/hot-air-balloon-carrying-at-least-16-people-crashes-in-texas.html
Holy sheesh!

BBQ is a hell of a lot better in Lockhart I bet!  Some of the best in TX there.
Oh the humanity!
You probably need to hide in your safe room.
Doubt you need any kind of licensing to operate a hot air balloon so any fool with money can buy themselves one.  Think it's alcohol related - BWI?  BUI?

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2016, 01:36:25 PM »

I meant to comment on this earlier...

Thank you NJDave for the information on Black Tom. I've lived here my whole life and never heard of it. Very interesting.

And oddly enough, tomorrow is Black TOT Day.
Had to look that one up too. I just assumed you were effing with me.

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »

You boys have been to Charleston, right? Where is it that it's a must stop to eat, if I happen to be in the area?
Been there plenty of times and just tons of fine dining but it is highly commieized!    Depends on what you are in the mood for and where you are but a duck club sandwich, duck fat fries and a couple of Pluf Mud beers at the Tatooed Moose are a necessity.  I can give you a list of great places to eat when you go.
That sounds good. In general, I'm looking for kid friendly. I'll be traveling with my brood in tow.
Condolences. :)
No shit. My goal is to do a bunch of night driving IF I decide to make the journey.

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »

You boys have been to Charleston, right? Where is it that it's a must stop to eat, if I happen to be in the area?
Been there plenty of times and just tons of fine dining but it is highly commieized!    Depends on what you are in the mood for and where you are but a duck club sandwich, duck fat fries and a couple of Pluf Mud beers at the Tatooed Moose are a necessity.  I can give you a list of great places to eat when you go.
That sounds good. In general, I'm looking for kid friendly. I'll be traveling with my brood in tow.
Condolences. :)
Sorry to hear that, can you sneak out?
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/restaurant-locator.html
Hahaha. Nothing is that bad.

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2016, 01:41:03 PM »

Hopefully balloonists in NJ are a bit better than those in Lockhart Texas...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/hot-air-balloon-carrying-at-least-16-people-crashes-in-texas.html
Holy sheesh!

BBQ is a hell of a lot better in Lockhart I bet!  Some of the best in TX there.
Oh the humanity!
HindenburgDave.  It is tragic and sounds like the balloon was overcrowded.
That's just awful.

« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »

Hopefully balloonists in NJ are a bit better than those in Lockhart Texas...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/hot-air-balloon-carrying-at-least-16-people-crashes-in-texas.html
Holy sheesh!

BBQ is a hell of a lot better in Lockhart I bet!  Some of the best in TX there.
Oh the humanity!
You probably need to hide in your safe room.
News woman was awfully smiley while reporting on that story. I'll admit I had the sound turned off so maybe that's just my perception.

« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »

I meant to comment on this earlier...

Thank you NJDave for the information on Black Tom. I've lived here my whole life and never heard of it. Very interesting.

And oddly enough, tomorrow is Black TOT Day.
Had to look that one up too. I just assumed you were effing with me.
Never!

« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2016, 01:48:49 PM »

You boys have been to Charleston, right? Where is it that it's a must stop to eat, if I happen to be in the area?
Been there plenty of times and just tons of fine dining but it is highly commieized!    Depends on what you are in the mood for and where you are but a duck club sandwich, duck fat fries and a couple of Pluf Mud beers at the Tatooed Moose are a necessity.  I can give you a list of great places to eat when you go.
That sounds good. In general, I'm looking for kid friendly. I'll be traveling with my brood in tow.
Condolences. :)
Sorry to hear that, can you sneak out?
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/restaurant-locator.html
Hahaha. Nothing is that bad.
LOL

There are some good kid appropriate places around.  Will find them out from my son when you are ready.

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2016, 01:49:10 PM »

Hopefully balloonists in NJ are a bit better than those in Lockhart Texas...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/30/hot-air-balloon-carrying-at-least-16-people-crashes-in-texas.html
Holy sheesh!

BBQ is a hell of a lot better in Lockhart I bet!  Some of the best in TX there.
Oh the humanity!
You probably need to hide in your safe room.
I'm sure you mean my man cave. Will do!