« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 10:20:11 AM »

The number of fatal shootings by officers increased from 465 in the first six months of last year to 491 for the same period this year, according to an ongoing two-year study by The Washington Post. This year has also seen more officers shot and killed in the line of duty and more officers prosecuted for questionable shootings.

Blacks continued to be shot at 2.5 times the rate of whites. About half of those killed were white, and about half were minorities. Less than 10 percent of all those killed were unarmed. One-quarter were mentally ill.
Ramsey, who was appointed by President Obama in 2014 to lead a White House policing task force, told NBC’s Chuck Todd that some crime rates are on the rise, explaining that, on average, there are about 13,000 murders in the United States each year but that “these are not shootings by police.”

“These are people killing people,” he said.

“Who do you think goes after the people responsible for these crimes? It’s the cops,” he added. “And we encounter a lot of very dangerous people out there on the street. So we can look at numbers in a variety of ways, but I think we need to keep it in context that police officers have a very challenging and often dangerous job. Now that’s not to say that we should not be mindful of the fact that we have some officers that use excessive force, that shoot people when it’s not totally justified. We’ve got to really address that and hold them accountable.
Yes.

And the best way to avoid getting shot by a cop is to not end up underneath two of them trying to get your uncooperative ass handcuffed. If the arrest is unjust, priority one is to live through it, priority two is to make bail, and priority three is to sue. But if one doesn't accomplish priority one, the rest don't mean schitt.

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2016, 10:20:30 AM »

[...]

Good summary Dean.  All boils down to a very very small percentage of cases are sensationalized and blown out of proportion in the media that serve to get all kinds of disproportionate responses.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/11/2016
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2016, 10:21:40 AM »

Last week we watched the 4 year old and 7 year old grandkids from 8:00 a.m. till 5:30 p.m.  They are really good kids and listen pretty good.  I just tell them, "Grandpa's old and can't do the same things daddy does, so you'll have to bare with me..."  They seem to understand.

In the afternoon we got the great idea that we could go grocery shopping and take the kids with us.  We could do two things at the same time... :)

So when we buckled the kids into their car seats, a mosquito flew into the car and the kids started jumping around and screaming.  It took me about 15 minutes to get the bug out of the car so we could go.  The same thing happened when we left the grocery store.  Ugh...!

The kids wanted to ride in the cart that has an attached kids car on the front of it.  Well, ok...  They liked that.

They knew were every free item was in the store.  Off to the bakery for a free cookie, then off to Customer Service where they have a bucket of candy they can select.  I will admit that it was a little harder to watch the kids and shop at the same time, but it was fun.

We took the groceries to our house and put them away.  While we were putting the food away, my grand-daughter started screaming.  She had found an old ventriloquist dummy, and was scared to death of it.  She said, "I don't like how it's looking at me...!"  The 4 year old grand-son thought it was great.

The time was about 4:30 p.m. so we headed back to their house to beat mommy and daddy home.  Again, another gd bug was in the car.  So now we've learned it take 10 to 15 minutes to get the kids into the car. geezzz.

We pulled into the kids driveway, and what do you think we see coming down the street, "The ice cream truck..."  Well, you can't be a good grandpa without buying your grandkids a bomb pop.  I was surprised that the ice cream truck had $1 to $4.00 items for people that didn't have allot of money to spend.  Anyway, the kids got these giant size Sour Patch Kids popsicles.

About 15 minutes before their parents got home, the kids started bouncing off the walls from a sugar rush.  It was just like in the cartoons.  They were running though out the house, jumping on beds, jumping on the furniture, and couldn't sit still for one second.  I've never seen anything like that before.  I thought they would be a little hyper, but this was crazy.

When my son came in I told him not to get mad at the kids, because I gave them ice cream and they got a sugar rush..  My son just thought it was funny, thank goodness...!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/11/2016
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2016, 10:29:21 AM »

Man steals cell phone, is tracked down by police, gives the phone to the police and then jumps into Pensacola Bay in Escambia, Florida and drowns. Johnny Cortez Hall, apparently could not swim.

A man drowned over the weekend after diving into Pensacola Bay to escape law enforcement, according to an Escambia County Sheriff's Office social media post. When deputies made contact with Hall, he handed the stolen cell phone over to deputies before fleeing to the dead end of Baylen, where he dove headfirst into the Baylen Slip Marina. A spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office said officers were attempting to locate a life preserver or an object to extend to Hall when he disappeared beneath the surface.

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2016, 10:30:45 AM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/11/2016
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »

This is what I call real fuk'n stupid!

Vermont Admits 17 Refugees Diagnosed With Active TB...
We have an old TB sanitarium that was converted into a police station in the city next to me.  Maybe they could put them there, and if they turn out to be terrorist the police will be right there to arrest them.

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2016, 10:31:41 AM »

Man steals cell phone, is tracked down by police, gives the phone to the police and then jumps into Pensacola Bay in Escambia, Florida and drowns. Johnny Cortez Hall, apparently could not swim.

A man drowned over the weekend after diving into Pensacola Bay to escape law enforcement, according to an Escambia County Sheriff's Office social media post. When deputies made contact with Hall, he handed the stolen cell phone over to deputies before fleeing to the dead end of Baylen, where he dove headfirst into the Baylen Slip Marina. A spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office said officers were attempting to locate a life preserver or an object to extend to Hall when he disappeared beneath the surface.
Darwin award nominee.

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »

Man throws bullets into Canada Day bonfire in Austin, Manitoba, Canada. Bullet explodes and shoots back at man.

Mounties said five people were at a campfire when a 21-year-old man from North Norfolk, Man., started throwing .22- calibre shells into the fire.  One of the bullets exploded and some fragments struck a 23-year-old Swan Lake, Man., man in the eye, RCMP said.

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2016, 10:34:26 AM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
Oh no....quizzes!

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2016, 10:35:21 AM »

Robbery suspect accidentally shoots himself in the balls while trying to rob the Marathon gas station in Cleveland, Ohio.

 A man shot himself in the groin during a robbery attempt outside a Marathon gas station early Monday morning, according to police.

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2016, 10:35:48 AM »

Man steals cell phone, is tracked down by police, gives the phone to the police and then jumps into Pensacola Bay in Escambia, Florida and drowns. Johnny Cortez Hall, apparently could not swim.

A man drowned over the weekend after diving into Pensacola Bay to escape law enforcement, according to an Escambia County Sheriff's Office social media post. When deputies made contact with Hall, he handed the stolen cell phone over to deputies before fleeing to the dead end of Baylen, where he dove headfirst into the Baylen Slip Marina. A spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office said officers were attempting to locate a life preserver or an object to extend to Hall when he disappeared beneath the surface.
Darwin award nominee.
Exactly what I was thinking.

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2016, 10:36:19 AM »

Naked Florida man runs around naked waving a gun. James Braine, was running around naked with a Glock in Bradenton Florida.

A 41-year-old naked man believed to have been armed with a Glock firearm was subdued with the help of a Taser after a tense incident first reported at 7:07 p.m. Friday, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s office.

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »

Robbery suspect accidentally shoots himself in the balls while trying to rob the Marathon gas station in Cleveland, Ohio.

 A man shot himself in the groin during a robbery attempt outside a Marathon gas station early Monday morning, according to police.
You googling stupid criminals this morning Dean?

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2016, 10:37:27 AM »

Naked Florida man runs around naked waving a gun. James Braine, was running around naked with a Glock in Bradenton Florida.

A 41-year-old naked man believed to have been armed with a Glock firearm was subdued with the help of a Taser after a tense incident first reported at 7:07 p.m. Friday, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s office.
Guess he couldn't get a concealed carry....