« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2016, 09:15:47 AM »

Door #2 has Ovals back down to sane price range.  Wrong vitola, but still.
Oval shape makes that vitola doable.

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2016, 09:17:20 AM »

Wow, new stars and status and everything. I'm getting all verklempt.
Congrats.
I owe it all to you.
Truly a proud moment.

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2016, 09:17:52 AM »

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »

Door #2 has Ovals back down to sane price range.  Wrong vitola, but still.
Oval shape makes that vitola doable.
Does not matter, the Ovals and the Room 101 offers have disappeared and been replaced with some Oliva's and MOW's.

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2016, 09:25:32 AM »

@Mayor Tony

Been searching for any info on costs for that Macanudo NYC club without success.  You see anything?  I guess it's one of those "if you have to ask, you shouldn't be there" places.  Got me curious...
After additional searching, cocktail menu shows prices of $20 and up.
Table service requirements of $30 minimum per person and $15 cigar purchase.
Didn't give prices on wines or wine by the glass.
Outstanding scotch menu and strong American whiskey as well.
Draft beers:  Guinness, Goose Island IPA, Bass, Stella Artois and Hoegarden.  About a dozen bottled beers...eh.

Profile from New York Nightlife:

Given the location, it's no surprise that the clientele at this wood-paneled shrine to tobacco tends toward the pinstripe-and-cuff-link variety. What is shocking is how reasonably priced the cigars are. (They start at $11.) But who knows if that will last—Macanudo is already grandfathered in as one of only a handful of bars where smoking is still legal. "Oh, yeah, baby," croons the bartender, rubbing his fingers together. "I can't wait!"
$27
cheese-and-fruit-platter
a fine assortment of domestic and imported cheeses and fresh fruit accompanied by table water crackers.

$18
grilled-chicken-quesadilla
grilled chicken, sautéed onions, peppers and melted cheese, topped with avocado dip and a dollop of sour cream.

$24
maryland-style-crab-cakes
hand-breaded jumbo lump crab cakes served with spinach and our special tartar sauce.

$22
shrimp-cocktail
succulent jumbo shrimp served chilled with cocktail sauce, lemon and a sprig of thyme.

$18
macanudo-personal-pizza
traditional italian margherita-style pizza topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and basil.

$18
super-nachos
tostadas covered with chili con carne, grated monterey jack and cheddar cheeses, topped with sliced jalapeños, sour cream, pico de gallo and fresh guacamole.
Doesn't sound TOO unreasonable, given where you are.

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2016, 09:26:58 AM »

Door #2 has Ovals back down to sane price range.  Wrong vitola, but still.
Oval shape makes that vitola doable.
Does not matter, the Ovals and the Room 101 offers have disappeared and been replaced with some Oliva's and MOW's.
Found it interesting that the title of the write-up for the Ovals was "Hurry".  Makes sense now.

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2016, 09:27:41 AM »

I knew this morning was going too smooth, just realized I never opened Outlook. :(

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2016, 09:28:06 AM »

[...]

Its all relative, and in that context, you are right.

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2016, 09:28:42 AM »

I knew this morning was going too smooth, just realized I never opened Outlook. :(
Sounds like a good approach that you should take more often!

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2016, 09:32:19 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Something wrong with the website?  Names are not showing up and pages that you are not on are showing as a blank in brackets... :o
Hmmm. I'll have to take a look. Tapatalk seems to be OK. Not sure if I'll be able to fix anything from the phone though.
Signed off then on again and issue resolved, no need to put in a ticket Tony.
Strange. But glad it worked out.

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2016, 09:33:10 AM »

Sounds like a nice spot for Tony or Flip to hang out at.

http://www.cigarjournal.co/club-macanudo-at-the-knick-opens-as-rooftop-cigar-lounge-overlooking-times-square/
I'll definitely have to check that out.
Probably cost $50 to walk in the door, $20 drinks and $15 Macanudos, CAO's and LADCs.
Maybe they have a coupon code?
Wonder if I can bring a styrofoam cooler full of beer in there?
One way to find out. Good morning, Mark.

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2016, 09:33:26 AM »

Markets Open

DOW   +28 @ 17,947

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2016, 09:41:25 AM »

@Mayor Tony

Been searching for any info on costs for that Macanudo NYC club without success.  You see anything?  I guess it's one of those "if you have to ask, you shouldn't be there" places.  Got me curious...
I haven't looked yet. But I've gone to a couple of rooftop bars where they allow smoking. Just buy a couple of drinks and bring your own smokes. So I'm not willing to spend too much. I may take a walk over one of these days just to check it out.

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »

@Mayor Tony

Been searching for any info on costs for that Macanudo NYC club without success.  You see anything?  I guess it's one of those "if you have to ask, you shouldn't be there" places.  Got me curious...
I haven't looked yet. But I've gone to a couple of rooftop bars where they allow smoking. Just buy a couple of drinks and bring your own smokes. So I'm not willing to spend too much. I may take a walk over one of these days just to check it out.
We'll expect a report filed in triplicate when you do.