CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: 5/24/2016  (Read 19633 times)

Threebean

Re: 5/24/2016
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2016, 05:32:25 PM »

Afternoon, men.  It's been a day.  :P

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »

CLE Cuarenta 11/18 lit with some elixer in the side.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2016, 05:33:08 PM »

Afternoon, men.  It's been a day.  :P
Afternoon Bean

Threebean

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2016, 05:34:57 PM »

From our ever-lovin' TSA, this from the head of the agency regarding the scapegoat they sacrificed:  ""Given the specifics of daily volume, I felt it was important to have a different management approach going forward than we've had in the past," Neffenger told USA TODAY. He said his goal was to gauge how to move travelers more efficiently through lines, rather than just faster."

WTF does that even mean.  Doesn't it have to be more efficient to go faster?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2016, 05:37:39 PM »

From our ever-lovin' TSA, this from the head of the agency regarding the scapegoat they sacrificed:  ""Given the specifics of daily volume, I felt it was important to have a different management approach going forward than we've had in the past," Neffenger told USA TODAY. He said his goal was to gauge how to move travelers more efficiently through lines, rather than just faster."

It simply means they have bullshitted us again

Threebean

« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »

Indeed.  I'm sure the USA Today reporter challenged him on it, too.   ::)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2016, 05:45:53 PM »

Indeed.  I'm sure the USA Today reporter challenged him on it, too.   ::)
Most likely but perhaps Travellin Dave can verify that for us.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2016, 06:14:49 PM »

Management/government speak.

The turnover rate of TSA airport security screeners is 2 1/2 times that of other federal workers, proving the Taco Bell gig they go back to wasn't so bad after all

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2016, 06:17:14 PM »

What variety of lobster dish you having for dinner tonight Dave?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »

Here's the translation, broken down, in plain English.

· The TSA has a work force of 43,000.

· TSA blogger Christopher says TSA has had a total of "more than 110,000 employees" in its six-year history.

· That means more than 67,000 individuals who entered into employment contracts with TSA have left the agency over this period of six years.

That's not attrition. That's exodus. And it's egregious fiscal waste.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2016, 06:20:38 PM »

Thinking the seafood Fra Diablo sounds good, shrimp, scallops, lobster, mussels, and two different fish.

Short stack

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2016, 06:25:59 PM »

Fajita Tuesday ran off the tracks, they were having a small going away lunch for a trainee and my boss said she wanted me to go if I could....... what can I say.  Did not like the trainee and hate the place they were lunching at but I like my boss so had a crappy lunch for $16.
What the hell are you training them for if they up an go away?
It is a 2 year program and they do work in several different offices along the way, used to be a good program but like everything else they have totally fuct it up now.  G.D. hippie we got here now.

Comes to work with his pants rolled up to look like peddle pushers and does not wear socks..........

Edit:  I guess I should be impressed with him he does come to work when it is raining!
his pants are rolled up to avoid the floods, and he wouldn't want
to get his socks wet, now would he?
Except he dresses the same rain or shine.
Same clothes or same style?
Same style and for all I know same clothes maybe.
/just to share  for your laffs,I was chem. engineer and operations manager for the worlds largest chem disributor for 25 years with no socks worn for the last 10 years, did not roll up my pants

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2016, 06:31:03 PM »

Fajita Tuesday ran off the tracks, they were having a small going away lunch for a trainee and my boss said she wanted me to go if I could....... what can I say.  Did not like the trainee and hate the place they were lunching at but I like my boss so had a crappy lunch for $16.
It is a 2 year program and they do work in several different offices along the way, used to be a good program but like everything else they have totally fuct it up now.  G.D. hippie we got here now.

Comes to work with his pants rolled up to look like peddle pushers and does not wear socks..........

Edit:  I guess I should be impressed with him he does come to work when it is raining!
/just to share  for your laffs,I was chem. engineer and operations manager for the worlds largest chem disributor for 25 years with no socks worn for the last 10 years, did not roll up my pants
Evening Short Stack, I don't wear socks with loafers sometimes but I don't wear my pants with the legs rolled up to my knees.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2016, 06:35:41 PM »

Thinking the seafood Fra Diablo sounds good, shrimp, scallops, lobster, mussels, and two different fish.
Sounds mighty good!

Warden made some crab cakes last night and I am cooking those up for dinner.

Short stack

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2016, 06:37:47 PM »

Evening Short Stack, I don't wear socks with loafers sometimes but I don't wear my pants with the legs rolled up to my knees.
/Neither did I roll up my pants and I wore the old time Bass Weejuns every day,Saw your post from your son ,He was spot on, There are still a good many here ,But I  ain't mingling with them,What was the name of the rest. With the duck fat fries
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13