Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2016, 04:12:18 PM »

my order that shipped from cigar bid yesterday, is on the truck to be delivered today.
free shipping faster than regular shipping. woo-hoo!  8)
Sweet!  do they honor that more than once?  I haven't tried since I did my FF order last week.
think it was just a one time deal.
ok, thanks.  I'm not complaining, I also did around $90.00 with free freight.  got some pretty good sticks for that there too.  Brick House, Latitude Zero, Pimp sticks, even picked up a 5 pk of Chillin Moose because there isn't too much cooler than a Moose chillin out.
About to fire up a Rocky Patel Hamlet Tabaquero.  Ssounded interesting enough to get a fiver on the Bid.

"Hamlet Paredes was one of Cuba’s most sought after cigar rollers, often traveling internationally to do in-store rolling demonstrations. Rocky Patel aided Hamlet and his family in escaping Cuba and coming to the US, and now Hamlet is releasing his first cigar for Rocky, Tabaquero by Hamlet Paredes."
That DOES sound interesting.  Please let me know what you think about it.
Kinda of an ugly seegar band.  Touch of sweet dried fruit.  Full flavored.  Pretty good OTT.
Nice, sounds right up my alley!   Looks like I'm going to have to give them a try.  Thanks!
Nice solid construction.  Good, easy draw.  Dark, textured wrapper.
Not your basic Rocky.

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2016, 04:29:56 PM »

since we have such ice weather today, i have a light sweater and a
sports jacket.  left the big winter coat home.  going to do the reverse commute now, while
NJ transit is still running.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/9/2016
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »

[...]

Sold!  ok, enabled that I am now, i'm going to see if I can find some of these.
Happily, it is that magic time of the day where I figure out what i'm going to smoke on the ride home, and ride home.  g'night all!

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2016, 05:22:27 PM »

my order that shipped from cigar bid yesterday, is on the truck to be delivered today.
free shipping faster than regular shipping. woo-hoo!  8)
Sweet!  do they honor that more than once?  I haven't tried since I did my FF order last week.
think it was just a one time deal.
ok, thanks.  I'm not complaining, I also did around $90.00 with free freight.  got some pretty good sticks for that there too.  Brick House, Latitude Zero, Pimp sticks, even picked up a 5 pk of Chillin Moose because there isn't too much cooler than a Moose chillin out.
About to fire up a Rocky Patel Hamlet Tabaquero.  Sounded interesting enough to get a fiver on the Bid.

"Hamlet Paredes was one of Cuba’s most sought after cigar rollers, often traveling internationally to do in-store rolling demonstrations. Rocky Patel aided Hamlet and his family in escaping Cuba and coming to the US, and now Hamlet is releasing his first cigar for Rocky, Tabaquero by Hamlet Paredes."
But if he's one of Cuba's most sought after rollers, why did he settle for RP?

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2016, 05:24:18 PM »

[...]

So you leave us hanging on your decision.....what did you pick?

« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2016, 06:30:37 PM »

[...]

Inquiring minds wanna know!

I went with a Diamond Crown Julius Caesar. Found it to be a bit one dimensional but it still hit the spot.

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2016, 06:32:29 PM »

Just ran into Flip at the train station and he confirmed that he won't be able to join us in tomorrow's herf.

Still haven't picked a spot to go to but I'm sure it will be fabulous.

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2016, 06:45:29 PM »

Well I am on a fuk'n train to NY Penn Station now stopping at Newark Penn Station.  Basically I don't have a fuk'n clue where I am.  Hope Travellin Dave did not sell me a lame horse

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »

Just ran into Flip at the train station and he confirmed that he won't be able to join us in tomorrow's herf.

Still haven't picked a spot to go to but I'm sure it will be fabulous.
I can get a cab somewhere if needed

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2016, 06:47:01 PM »

Forgot to mention I can do this 4x
TWSS
You wish.  Morning CB.
You traveling to Nice directly from San Diego?
No, Redeye home tomorrow, get in Friday morning, then out Saturday evening, arrive Sunday mid day.

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2016, 06:49:56 PM »

Well I am on a fuk'n train to NY Penn Station now stopping at Newark Penn Station.  Basically I don't have a fuk'n clue where I am.  Hope Travellin Dave did not sell me a lame horse
Not much imagination with those train people.  they named most every station Penn Station!  Just stay on until it stops for good and they tell everybody to get out.  Then you go up until you find doors to the outside.

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2016, 06:51:48 PM »

Just ran into Flip at the train station and he confirmed that he won't be able to join us in tomorrow's herf.

Still haven't picked a spot to go to but I'm sure it will be fabulous.
I can get a cab somewhere if needed
Don't sweat it. I'll figure it out and keep you posted. It's supposed to be another gorgeous day so I was considering a smoke friendly rooftop bar. Even considered driving you to Jamie's (in Jersey) for a great meal and cigars and then returning you to your hotel.

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2016, 06:55:27 PM »

Just ran into Flip at the train station and he confirmed that he won't be able to join us in tomorrow's herf.

Still haven't picked a spot to go to but I'm sure it will be fabulous.
I can get a cab somewhere if needed
Don't sweat it. I'll figure it out and keep you posted. It's supposed to be another gorgeous day so I was considering a smoke friendly rooftop bar. Even considered driving you to Jamie's (in Jersey) for a great meal and cigars and then returning you to your hotel.
I am starting to like the way you think!

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »

Just ran into Flip at the train station and he confirmed that he won't be able to join us in tomorrow's herf.

Still haven't picked a spot to go to but I'm sure it will be fabulous.
I can get a cab somewhere if needed
Don't sweat it. I'll figure it out and keep you posted. It's supposed to be another gorgeous day so I was considering a smoke friendly rooftop bar. Even considered driving you to Jamie's (in Jersey) for a great meal and cigars and then returning you to your hotel.
Yum!  Still don't know how they get away with it!

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »

Well I am on a fuk'n train to NY Penn Station now stopping at Newark Penn Station.  Basically I don't have a fuk'n clue where I am.  Hope Travellin Dave did not sell me a lame horse
Not much imagination with those train people.  they named most every station Penn Station!  Just stay on until it stops for good and they tell everybody to get out.  Then you go up until you find doors to the outside.
Penn station next stop they announced
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11