CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: 3/9/2016  (Read 18684 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 3/9/2016
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2016, 04:12:18 PM »

my order that shipped from cigar bid yesterday, is on the truck to be delivered today.
free shipping faster than regular shipping. woo-hoo!  8)
Sweet!  do they honor that more than once?  I haven't tried since I did my FF order last week.
think it was just a one time deal.
ok, thanks.  I'm not complaining, I also did around $90.00 with free freight.  got some pretty good sticks for that there too.  Brick House, Latitude Zero, Pimp sticks, even picked up a 5 pk of Chillin Moose because there isn't too much cooler than a Moose chillin out.
About to fire up a Rocky Patel Hamlet Tabaquero.  Ssounded interesting enough to get a fiver on the Bid.

"Hamlet Paredes was one of Cuba’s most sought after cigar rollers, often traveling internationally to do in-store rolling demonstrations. Rocky Patel aided Hamlet and his family in escaping Cuba and coming to the US, and now Hamlet is releasing his first cigar for Rocky, Tabaquero by Hamlet Paredes."
That DOES sound interesting.  Please let me know what you think about it.
Kinda of an ugly seegar band.  Touch of sweet dried fruit.  Full flavored.  Pretty good OTT.
Nice, sounds right up my alley!   Looks like I'm going to have to give them a try.  Thanks!
Nice solid construction.  Good, easy draw.  Dark, textured wrapper.
Not your basic Rocky.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2016, 04:29:56 PM »

since we have such ice weather today, i have a light sweater and a
sports jacket.  left the big winter coat home.  going to do the reverse commute now, while
NJ transit is still running.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »

my order that shipped from cigar bid yesterday, is on the truck to be delivered today.
Sweet!  do they honor that more than once?  I haven't tried since I did my FF order last week.
ok, thanks.  I'm not complaining, I also did around $90.00 with free freight.  got some pretty good sticks for that there too.  Brick House, Latitude Zero, Pimp sticks, even picked up a 5 pk of Chillin Moose because there isn't too much cooler than a Moose chillin out.
About to fire up a Rocky Patel Hamlet Tabaquero.  Ssounded interesting enough to get a fiver on the Bid.

"Hamlet Paredes was one of Cuba’s most sought after cigar rollers, often traveling internationally to do in-store rolling demonstrations. Rocky Patel aided Hamlet and his family in escaping Cuba and coming to the US, and now Hamlet is releasing his first cigar for Rocky, Tabaquero by Hamlet Paredes."
Kinda of an ugly seegar band.  Touch of sweet dried fruit.  Full flavored.  Pretty good OTT.
Nice, sounds right up my alley!   Looks like I'm going to have to give them a try.  Thanks!
Not your basic Rocky.
Sold!  ok, enabled that I am now, i'm going to see if I can find some of these.
Happily, it is that magic time of the day where I figure out what i'm going to smoke on the ride home, and ride home.  g'night all!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2016, 05:22:27 PM »

About to fire up a Rocky Patel Hamlet Tabaquero.  Sounded interesting enough to get a fiver on the Bid.

But if he's one of Cuba's most sought after rollers, why did he settle for RP?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2016, 05:24:18 PM »

Not your basic Rocky.
Happily, it is that magic time of the day where I figure out what i'm going to smoke on the ride home, and ride home.  g'night all!
So you leave us hanging on your decision.....what did you pick?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2016, 06:30:37 PM »

Not your basic Rocky.
So you leave us hanging on your decision.....what did you pick?
Inquiring minds wanna know!

I went with a Diamond Crown Julius Caesar. Found it to be a bit one dimensional but it still hit the spot.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2016, 06:32:29 PM »

Just ran into Flip at the train station and he confirmed that he won't be able to join us in tomorrow's herf.

Still haven't picked a spot to go to but I'm sure it will be fabulous.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2016, 06:45:29 PM »

Well I am on a fuk'n train to NY Penn Station now stopping at Newark Penn Station.  Basically I don't have a fuk'n clue where I am.  Hope Travellin Dave did not sell me a lame horse

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »

Just ran into Flip at the train station and he confirmed that he won't be able to join us in tomorrow's herf.

I can get a cab somewhere if needed

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2016, 06:47:01 PM »

Forgot to mention I can do this 4x
TWSS
You wish.  Morning CB.
You traveling to Nice directly from San Diego?
No, Redeye home tomorrow, get in Friday morning, then out Saturday evening, arrive Sunday mid day.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2016, 06:49:56 PM »

Well I am on a fuk'n train to NY Penn Station now stopping at Newark Penn Station.  Basically I don't have a fuk'n clue where I am.  Hope Travellin Dave did not sell me a lame horse
Not much imagination with those train people.  they named most every station Penn Station!  Just stay on until it stops for good and they tell everybody to get out.  Then you go up until you find doors to the outside.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2016, 06:51:48 PM »

Don't sweat it. I'll figure it out and keep you posted. It's supposed to be another gorgeous day so I was considering a smoke friendly rooftop bar. Even considered driving you to Jamie's (in Jersey) for a great meal and cigars and then returning you to your hotel.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2016, 06:55:27 PM »

Don't sweat it. I'll figure it out and keep you posted. It's supposed to be another gorgeous day so I was considering a smoke friendly rooftop bar. Even considered driving you to Jamie's (in Jersey) for a great meal and cigars and then returning you to your hotel.
I am starting to like the way you think!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »

Yum!  Still don't know how they get away with it!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »

Not much imagination with those train people.  they named most every station Penn Station!  Just stay on until it stops for good and they tell everybody to get out.  Then you go up until you find doors to the outside.
Penn station next stop they announced
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11