SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2016, 01:36:16 PM »

You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Chicken is fried at home in a skillet, not a fuk'n deep fryer and it is best cooked in an iron skillet.
Amen, Brother TR.

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »

You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Lard does have its place, but I think Crisco shortening tastes better with Chicken. Dipping the chicken in buttermilk before dredging is also required, as is the cast-iron skillet.  The warden does a quite tasty oven-fry method, but for the real deal, gotta be Crisco in a skillet on a stove.

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2016, 01:41:34 PM »

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2016, 01:42:28 PM »

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.
Hook up with Tony.  Maybe he can take you to Paley Park for a smoke.  Weather is supposed to be beautiful.

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2016, 01:44:00 PM »

[...]
Don't forget a good brine soak before you start.

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2016, 01:44:09 PM »

[...]
Correct, but the buttermilk dipping is an option, old days in the south mostly was just seasoned with salt and pepper then shaken in some flour with salt and pepper in it also.

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »

[...]
Dahh, not in the south I am from.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2016, 01:45:14 PM »

Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2016, 01:46:05 PM »

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.

Edit:

This is where my meeting is:

 WHERE: NYU Kimmel Center
 60 Washington Square South
 New York, NY 10012

And this is where I am staying:

Holiday Inn MANHATTAN-FINANCIAL DISTRICT
99 Washington Street
New York, NY 10006

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2016, 01:46:25 PM »

Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Afternoon Sly
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2016, 01:48:18 PM »

[...]
Yum ... I wish I could find someplace in the area that cooked it that way for a decent price.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2016, 01:49:23 PM »

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.
Tony's good people, you will have a fun time.

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.
I can't chat now but I'll pm you my contact info a little later. Let's see if we can get an NYC herf going.

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2016, 01:50:36 PM »

Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Feel better, brother.

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.
OK