Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/8/2016
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2016, 02:01:52 PM »

You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
LOL, just old,  no goat!

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2016, 02:03:22 PM »

You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Lard does have its place, but I think Crisco shortening tastes better with Chicken. Dipping the chicken in buttermilk before dredging is also required, as is the cast-iron skillet.  The warden does a quite tasty oven-fry method, but for the real deal, gotta be Crisco in a skillet on a stove.
Don't forget a good brine soak before you start.
Dahh, not in the south I am from.
+1  and personal tastes set aside, lard, not Crisco.  best fried in animal fat, vegetables were meant to boil or steam.  Nothing like a healty dose of serious stick to your veins fat & cholesterol for fryin!    :D
Yeah, and like I said, I like lard. But to me, for fried chicken pig fat just imparts a slightly odd taste that vegetable shortening doesn't. But I've used both.

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2016, 02:04:20 PM »

[...]
Lard is good but I actually prefer the old white Crisco in the can.  With a couple of extra livers on the side too.

« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2016, 02:07:50 PM »

You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
Call for an old goat around here and 2/3 of the posters will think you are calling them.
>:(     :-\

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2016, 02:09:26 PM »

You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
I think that is still the way they do it at Sylvia's in NYC. they swear by cast iron.  We have a cast iron
dutch oven, with a glass lid, that the wife uses for pot roast.  Had to convince her it is not a good chile pot(too much
acid in the tomatoes....).
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/8/2016
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2016, 02:11:35 PM »

had a Fallen Angel robusto at lunchtime, and it was much harsher than it's toro counterpart.  was surprised at the difference in the 2.  really like the toro, but not so much the robusto.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/8/2016
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2016, 02:12:57 PM »

We definitely agree on the cast iron skillet for frying.  Anyone who tries to argue that point has never cooked in a good seasoned iron skillet.

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2016, 02:15:09 PM »

[...]
Damned straight.

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2016, 02:15:33 PM »

We definitely agree on the cast iron skillet for frying.  Anyone who tries to argue that point has never cooked in a good seasoned iron skillet.
Amen, hallelujah.

« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »

You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
Call for an old goat around here and 2/3 of the posters will think you are calling them.
Bah.

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »

Time to head out, maybe catch the taco truck for lunch.  BBL

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »

You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
Call for an old goat around here and 2/3 of the posters will think you are calling them.
Say what?
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/8/2016
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2016, 02:42:13 PM »

[...]
that's a sheep.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/8/2016
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »

[...]
what
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/8/2016
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2016, 03:24:39 PM »

so, if you do happen to have 23 odds & ends on a table, and 22 fall off, what the hell do you have left, an odd or an end?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10