BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

G'Morning, Fellas. Hope Chip is hangin' in there... Prayers to ya, brother.
Morning, Steve. Banter dragging a bit this morning.
Chip with priorities, Dean, TexDave YellowStar, Bean and the Mayor all AWOL.
Conference call, 1 hr and counting.  Sheesh

Morning, Bean. Post up the number and pass code and we will liven up the conversation... What are their thoughts on cello on or off?
Well, Dean keeps the cello on.  There's a lot of stuff going around with the Seniors down in Florida.
When I first started, I left the cello off of my Torpedo, and 9 months later I found a Corona in my humidor...!

lol
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

My Netflix DVD arrived and I was all set to watch a western this afternoon, and I got a pirate movie instead...

You should watch it... and when it's over go poke the warden in the eye and kick her in the leg. When she ask's "Aggg, why the hell did you just do that", you can say "I wanted to make it with a lady pirate" but didn't have a costume, so just went with the basics.
Actually, my wife does have a sexy pirate costume.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

@ Travellin DAve - have you any smoking experience with the Fernando Leon Family Reserve line?    Wait a minute, on second thought @ Travellin Dave what is your smoking review on the Fernando Leon Family Reserve?
Not a big fan of the overall profile of the FLFR and by extension La Aurora.  Nothing wrong with them, good construction, fairly straightforward and uniform flavors throughout the cigar.  Good tobacco, not much else.  JMHO.
Thanks, think I will pass on them.

Sounds like they are pretty good for lighting other, better cigars.  ;)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

My Netflix DVD arrived and I was all set to watch a western this afternoon, and I got a pirate movie instead...

You should watch it... and when it's over go poke the warden in the eye and kick her in the leg. When she ask's "Aggg, why the hell did you just do that", you can say "I wanted to make it with a lady pirate" but didn't have a costume, so just went with the basics.
Actually, my wife does have a sexy pirate costume.

Of course you do. What was I thinking!?! Haha!

A few weeks back YAD/2Hand posted a deal advisory on here for some Villiger Cabarete Maduro boxes, $50 with the overpriced shipping.  Had never tried one but what the fuk, jumped on a box for the retirement tub.  Took a few out of the box and put them in the current use humi for testing.   Smoked two of them this past weekend and IMHO they were an excellent cigar and smoked $5 + all the way IMHO but only cost $2.50,   So good that I jumped back on another box.

Anybody else tried them

@ Travellin DAve - have you any smoking experience with the Fernando Leon Family Reserve line?    Wait a minute, on second thought @ Travellin Dave what is your smoking review on the Fernando Leon Family Reserve?
Not a big fan of the overall profile of the FLFR and by extension La Aurora.  Nothing wrong with them, good construction, fairly straightforward and uniform flavors throughout the cigar.  Good tobacco, not much else.  JMHO.
Thanks, think I will pass on them.

Sounds like they are pretty good for lighting other, better cigars.  ;)
Or probably excellent for combination smoking and lighting fireworks while drunk for the Holiday Season.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

I'm going to go watch a pirate movie... bbl (maybe)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

I'm going to go watch a pirate movie... bbl (maybe)

See ya, Dad... no sword fights in the house!

I'm going to go watch a pirate movie... bbl (maybe)
Later Dad
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Chip's smokes up...

Chip's smokes up...
30 more minutes and I am going to light a smoke up
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

A few weeks back YAD/2Hand posted a deal advisory on here for some Villiger Cabarete Maduro boxes, $50 with the overpriced shipping.  Had never tried one but what the fuk, jumped on a box for the retirement tub.  Took a few out of the box and put them in the current use humi for testing.   Smoked two of them this past weekend and IMHO they were an excellent cigar and smoked $5 + all the way IMHO but only cost $2.50,   So good that I jumped back on another box.

Anybody else tried them

I recall that, but I didn't order any

Heading home, later gents.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

ss2

  • Summertime!!

Made it back!  Interesting neighborhood,  heavy emphasis on the 'hood'.

Roll 'em up and lock 'em... and keep your eyes looking forward.
Aye Cap'n!