So Jeb Bush forgot to renew his domain name, https://www.jebbush.com. Guess who bought it?

I bet it wasn't that Canadian liar!  ;)
Don't worry, he's next on the radar!

To be fair, I have to agree with the Donald. When I watch and listen to Cruz, he does have those "polished", professional politician responses. To me, he looks the least trustworthy... not that any of them wouldn't say anything to get the votes. He just doesn't pass the eye test.
Yeah, but on resumé and experience he's the most qualified candidate in the race from either party. So...I dunno. It's all ugly this time around. I wish Paul Ryan was running.

Morning, muchachos.
He's also head of the Subcommittee on Space, Science and Competitiveness, yet doesn't believe that climate change is a real thing. So yeah, not sure if he's the most qualified of anything.
He's still the most qualified. Princeton, Harvard Law, organized George W's legal team, years in private practice representing huge clients, argued 9 cases before the US Supreme Court, won 5 of them, has written over 70 briefs for the Supreme Court, including the amicus in support of Heller on behalf of 31 states, etc. Hating his positions, opinions, or face is of course anyone's right, but the man knows law and he knows how the government works. Alan Dershowitz, no Republican he, called Cruz "off-the-charts brilliant". None of the other candidates have a judicial or legislative record with that weight.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna vote for him or that I think anyone should, but he's got the credentials.
My argument would be that someone can't really be "off-the-charts-brilliant" if they ignore scientific fact, but facts have very little place in political debate anyhow.
The only "facts" about climate change are that the average temperature is rising and there is more Carbon in the atmosphere than at any time in the past several hundred million years. There are no scientific "facts" that explain why that is, just observations and hypotheses.

Now, the observations seem to support the hypotheses, and you and I look at it and say, "uh, dude, it's the pollution." But there are still some scientists out there that aren't convinced it isn't a natural cycle.

So, I don't think taking a fringe position on climate change outweighs other credentials. Hell we've got astronauts who believe in UFO's.
Well, if you see lights in the sky and don't know what they are, wouldn't that, by definition, be a UFO?

To your other point, there are also scientists who believe vaccinating kids causes any number of conditions. Doesn't mean it has any scientific validity.
Well, not many real ones...
When are we getting to GMO's?
I actually had that in quotes, originally, but took them off to avoid branching off into a completely separate discussion.

[...]

Unfortunately, most folks don't even look or know of such facts. Obama may have been the least qualified candidate, and he was elected... twice. Sure, not much of a legacy, but still. Sometimes it just boils down to a simplified, "American Idol" style popularity contest.
Yup. Unfortunately, I still have to try to rationally choose who I'm going to vote for, because none of them are popular with me.

I'm voting my guns and my cigars, and my wallet. That disqualifies anyone the Democratic Party is going to put up.
Bernie likes guns just fine.  It's just that he's going to make those with a lot of guns share with those who don't.   ;)

[...]

"You get a gun! You get a gun!"

[...]

Exactly!

[...]

Examples of facts are that the moon orbits the earth and fish can breathe under water.

Morning Steve.

What's up, Jersey... you and the boys got a herf tonight?
Seems that way.
Jeez, try to control your excitement

CNS... So I take it you got a pass then?
Call it what you will, I'm going

[...]

And of course this fact...

Damn, you know cigar deals and info are really sucking this week if we have to stoop so low as to talk politics!   :o

Morning Steve.

What's up, Jersey... you and the boys got a herf tonight?
Seems that way.
Jeez, try to control your excitement

CNS... So I take it you got a pass then?
Call it what you will, I'm going
I'm gonna call it a Provisional Penis Pass. Or maybe a Temporary Testicle Ticket.

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Morning Steve.

What's up, Jersey... you and the boys got a herf tonight?
Seems that way.
Jeez, try to control your excitement

CNS... So I take it you got a pass then?
Call it what you will, I'm going
I'm gonna call it a Provisional Penis Pass. Or maybe a Temporary Testicle Ticket.

Lol... You and your "cigar buddies" are gong to that "Smoke out fest" too, aren't you!?!

[...]

Whoa! Where'd you get those 6000 year-old-photographs?

Got an email from Cigar Place for a big sale on discontinued lines, some good names, but the sale prices are no different than the regular prices at some other locations....sheesh.
Back to politics I guess.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!

Got an email from Cigar Place for a big sale on discontinued lines, some good names, but the sale prices are no different than the regular prices at some other locations....sheesh.
Back to politics I guess.
They're almost as bad as Famous for that kind of stuff.