CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: 1/19/2016  (Read 18583 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »

Oil is cratering and the DOW is +106
Which is contrary to everything they told us last week.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2016, 10:19:43 AM »

Morning BD
Good morning TR... I hope it's not snowing in Texas, like it's going to do here tonight.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »

Morning BD
Good morning TR... I hope it's not snowing in Texas, like it's going to do here tonight.
Mid 60's here today and low 70's toward the end of the week.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2016, 10:21:32 AM »

Indeed it is, just so they have an excuse to manipulate the markets that is all that matters for the traders to get filthy rich.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:04 AM »

Well, it only took me a year and a half, but I finally ordered a new TV.  It was more than I wanted to pay, but it seemed like a good deal and had everything I wanted.  This weeks Best Buy ad has a Samsung UN60JU7090FXZA for $999.99.  Even thou at the time, there was no reviews, so I blindly bought it, relaying on Samsung being a good brand.  What I finally decided I wanted was 60", 4k, 4k UHD Upscaling, 3D, Motion Rate 240, Quad-Core Processor, and Smart Features.  It sounded like a lot of features for the price.  Now people are posting reviews (allot of good reviews, and some not so good.)  They are saying that this is a special tv released for the Super Bowl sale.  The bad is, sound is ok, but I sort of expected that.  And the other is, they are saying the screen is not made by Samsung and is a cheaper screen made by Sharp.  Of course, if I wanted the better features, than we're talking, what, $1,800 and up.  Anyway, it's coming now, so that's that at the moment.

When I clicked the make purchase button, my phone immediately rang.  It was a call stating that my credit card was being used fraudulently.  It scared the hell out of me.  I checked to make sure I was on the correct website, and I had made sure it was a secure (Lock) on the website before purchase.  I called my credit card company and check to see what was going on.  It turns out that my credit card company had various flags that go off is fraud is suspected.  Mine was, 1. A store that I had never used my credit card. 2. Larger amount than normal (I guess they are used to only seeing $14 5 packs of cigars), 3. Electronics.  Even thou it was sort of a pain in the ass, I appreciate the added security. 

Well, that's the weekend tv story.
Well, congrats on that timely decision Dad.  Ought to pick up an inexpensive receiver and speakers and you'll be all set.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »

Indeed it is, just so they have an excuse to manipulate the markets that is all that matters for the traders to get filthy rich.
Have you ever got accurate financial information from the financial news channels on cable tv...?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »

Well, it only took me a year and a half, but I finally ordered a new TV.  It was more than I wanted to pay, but it seemed like a good deal and had everything I wanted.  This weeks Best Buy ad has a Samsung UN60JU7090FXZA for $999.99.  Even thou at the time, there was no reviews, so I blindly bought it, relaying on Samsung being a good brand.  What I finally decided I wanted was 60", 4k, 4k UHD Upscaling, 3D, Motion Rate 240, Quad-Core Processor, and Smart Features.  It sounded like a lot of features for the price.  Now people are posting reviews (allot of good reviews, and some not so good.)  They are saying that this is a special tv released for the Super Bowl sale.  The bad is, sound is ok, but I sort of expected that.  And the other is, they are saying the screen is not made by Samsung and is a cheaper screen made by Sharp.  Of course, if I wanted the better features, than we're talking, what, $1,800 and up.  Anyway, it's coming now, so that's that at the moment.

When I clicked the make purchase button, my phone immediately rang.  It was a call stating that my credit card was being used fraudulently.  It scared the hell out of me.  I checked to make sure I was on the correct website, and I had made sure it was a secure (Lock) on the website before purchase.  I called my credit card company and check to see what was going on.  It turns out that my credit card company had various flags that go off is fraud is suspected.  Mine was, 1. A store that I had never used my credit card. 2. Larger amount than normal (I guess they are used to only seeing $14 5 packs of cigars), 3. Electronics.  Even thou it was sort of a pain in the ass, I appreciate the added security. 

Well, congrats on that timely decision Dad.  Ought to pick up an inexpensive receiver and speakers and you'll be all set.
Or you can get the matching Samsung soundbar and sub for $230

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2016, 10:34:08 AM »

Have you ever got accurate financial information from the financial news channels on cable tv...?
We always complain about the weather folks.  They get it right a lot more than these financial Einsteins...but look at the proliferation of thes financial channels...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2016, 10:38:29 AM »

We always complain about the weather folks.  They get it right a lot more than these financial Einsteins...but look at the proliferation of thes financial channels...
Financial Channels scroll the quotes correctly and that is more than the weather people can do right as they can't even look out the window and get it right.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2016, 10:48:16 AM »

I have an Onkyo HT-R500 5.1 system that I love.  So I think I'm ok there.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »

Financial Channels scroll the quotes correctly and that is more than the weather people can do right as they can't even look out the window and get it right.
+1.   

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2016, 11:01:07 AM »

My drinking friend's 401k took a nose dive about 10 years ago.  So he subscribed to the Motley Fool for a year, and followed their advice, changing his 401k stocks to their recommendation ones.  He said his 401k turned around and started making really good money. I believe he said his 401k had dropped to $40,000 and during the next 5 years went to around $120,000.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »

Dean must be trying to keep the DAWG warm this morning.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »

Sheesh, feels like it could snow in my office!  Jeez it is cold in here.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2016, 11:21:07 AM »

Sheesh, feels like it could snow in my office!  Jeez it is cold in here.
Are the ladies in the office complaining too?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18