CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: 1/8/2016  (Read 42716 times)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #300 on: January 08, 2016, 04:29:26 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.
where in MD?
He was in Frederick
Definitely an up and coming city in MD.  a lot of businesses seem to be locating there.  He should make sure of where he lands for housing as commute times from certain areas there are brutal.
You mean just like the rest of us?  lol
We'll put first things first and see if he gets an offer.
True. I just see the traffic reports from Baltimore every morning and there is never anything good said about the route between Balt and Frederick.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #301 on: January 08, 2016, 04:29:36 PM »

In 1982, American Telephone and Telegraph settled the Justice Department's antitrust lawsuit against it by agreeing to divest itself of the 22 Bell System companies.
I was caught up in this one.  I was put on an inventory project that lasted almost a year.  Going to each AT&T and Southwestern Bell office from St. Louis, through Northern Missouri, then back down around the Lake of the Ozark and back.  Actually it was a nice job with a company car, clip board, expense vouchers, corporate discounts at motels, and no supervisors.
Whoa! A clipboard?
I guess if I could have afforded one of those new IBM Personal Computer 286's for around $3,000, it's may have been easier. But a clip board was allot lighter and only required a pencil compared to those expensive 5 1/4 floppy disk.
I built a 286 with two 5 1/4" floppies and no hard drive back in the fall of 1990. And it wasn't my first PC.
I waited till 486 days, to build my first computer.  Winchester disk drive, 5 1/4 floppy and 3.5 inch not so floppy drive.  my last build was a windows 7 (upgrades to Window 10 64bit) with 16GB memory Raid 1 1TB system drives and a 2 TB data disk, got another 1TB fast USB external dive for moving files tween computers.  I learned my early adopter lesson with a $345 HP 45 Advanced Scientific calculator in 1974 on the way to college.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #302 on: January 08, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »

You gotta be close to picking out a road smoke, Sam. What cha got?
Murcielago to end the work week with.  almost went with a GH #5 Corojo, but decided to take that home and smoke it this weekend sometime with a glass of scotch.  something about the corojo flavor and a good single malt.
Old or new Murcielago?
Who's tried the new?
We've been waiting for you to try one and review it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #303 on: January 08, 2016, 04:30:46 PM »

Murcielago to end the work week with.  almost went with a GH #5 Corojo, but decided to take that home and smoke it this weekend sometime with a glass of scotch.  something about the corojo flavor and a good single malt.
Old or new Murcielago?
Who's tried the new?
Not I, but I have talked with a few folks who say it tastes like a generic Espinosa.  "Reverse engineering" didn't quite hit it.

sfish

« Reply #304 on: January 08, 2016, 04:33:25 PM »

Old or new Murcielago?
Who's tried the new?
Not I, but I have talked with a few folks who say it tastes like a generic Espinosa.  "Reverse engineering" didn't quite hit it.
That's what I was afraid of, they're starting to show up on the bid site so I was curious what they were worth. His stuff typically ages well

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #305 on: January 08, 2016, 04:34:24 PM »

Old or new Murcielago?
Who's tried the new?

...or some strange? Where's Deano been?

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #306 on: January 08, 2016, 04:38:15 PM »

Old or new Murcielago?
Who's tried the new?

golfing right, Deano likes golfing and sheet surfing!  8)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #307 on: January 08, 2016, 04:38:28 PM »

well, it is that magic time of the day, i hate to leave such good company, but go I must.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #308 on: January 08, 2016, 04:39:57 PM »

well, it is that magic time of the day, i hate to leave such good company, but go I must.

Enjoy the ride... and your weekend, Sammie

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #309 on: January 08, 2016, 04:40:42 PM »

I would!  Have a good weekend Sam.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2016, 04:42:11 PM »

Later SS

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2016, 04:42:13 PM »

Old or new Murcielago?
Who's tried the new?

and EPC 2nds... and coffee... and heart shaped pancakes... and early morning kayaking... and

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2016, 04:43:39 PM »

Something new for me today a Diesel Lancero.  Last one of my home brews to drink, got the makings for a new batch to try.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2016, 04:44:24 PM »

Old or new Murcielago?
Who's tried the new?

and EPC 2nds... and coffee... and heart shaped pancakes... and early morning kayaking... and
Add strawberry to those heart shaped pancakes

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2016, 04:47:08 PM »

Old or new Murcielago?
Who's tried the new?
That's what I was afraid of, they're starting to show up on the bid site so I was curious what they were worth. His stuff typically ages well
I only have old ones, made a significant purchase at a close out sale cause I likes them a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29