« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »

Raz and Dad might need to put on their mittens and toboggan hats to watch this game on TV.

Seattle Seahawks at Minnesota Vikings Sunday, Jan. 10, at 1:05 p.m. EST

For the first time since 1976, an NFL playoff game will be played outdoors in Minneapolis as the Seahawks (10-6) travel to Minnesota for the second time in a month to play the Vikings (11-5).

This is the second consecutive year the Vikings are playing at TCF Bank Stadium, the home to the University of Minnesota's football team, while their new stadium is under construction. On Sunday, fans and players may long for the comforts of the Vikings old indoor stadium, the Metrodome, where they played from 1982-2013.

"It is going to be brutally cold," Feerick said. "Temperatures at kickoff are likely to be in the low single digits at best."

Some sunshine is in the offing for the game, but will be ineffective. AccuWeather ReelFeel® Temperatures could reach as low as 20 below zero. The frigid weather may make it rank as one of the coldest NFL games in history and the coldest ever for the Seattle Seahawks, according to the Seattle Times. Fans will need to wear many layers and pack hand and foot warmers.

"Frostbite will occur quickly to any exposed skin and both fans and players will have to prepare accordingly," Feerick said. "A wind gusting to 20 mph out of the west also could impact the kicking game."
Temps will probably be thirty something...

« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

In 1982, American Telephone and Telegraph settled the Justice Department's antitrust lawsuit against it by agreeing to divest itself of the 22 Bell System companies.
I was caught up in this one.  I was put on an inventory project that lasted almost a year.  Going to each AT&T and Southwestern Bell office from St. Louis, through Northern Missouri, then back down around the Lake of the Ozark and back.  Actually it was a nice job with a company car, clip board, expense vouchers, corporate discounts at motels, and no supervisors.
Whoa! A clipboard?
I guess if I could have afforded one of those new IBM Personal Computer 286's for around $3,000, it's may have been easier. But a clip board was allot lighter and only required a pencil compared to those expensive 5 1/4 floppy disk.
I built a 286 with two 5 1/4" floppies and no hard drive back in the fall of 1990. And it wasn't my first PC.

« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2016, 01:40:11 PM »

Drinking craft beers and eating wings at Whole Foods.

« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2016, 01:41:21 PM »

Drinking craft beers and eating wings at Whole Foods.
No heart medicine today?

« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2016, 01:43:56 PM »

Drinking craft beers and eating wings at Whole Foods.
You may be the first person to ever utter that sentence.

« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »

Drinking craft beers and eating wings at Whole Foods.
No heart medicine today?
Take that later today

« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »

Drinking craft beers and eating wings at Whole Foods.
You may be the first person to ever utter that sentence.
One here has a great bar with 23 Taps
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »

Drinking craft beers and eating wings at Whole Foods.
Sounds great...!

« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.

« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.
Glad to have you stop in BD.

What have you got in the toaster oven for dinner tonight?

« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2016, 01:52:03 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?

« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2016, 01:54:38 PM »

[...]
But it was your first rodeo.

« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2016, 01:55:42 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!

« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2016, 01:55:52 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?
Well, being as he still has his October picture up, looks like he missed out on the Mrs. Claus visit.