BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2016, 01:55:58 PM »

In 1982, American Telephone and Telegraph settled the Justice Department's antitrust lawsuit against it by agreeing to divest itself of the 22 Bell System companies.
I was caught up in this one.  I was put on an inventory project that lasted almost a year.  Going to each AT&T and Southwestern Bell office from St. Louis, through Northern Missouri, then back down around the Lake of the Ozark and back.  Actually it was a nice job with a company car, clip board, expense vouchers, corporate discounts at motels, and no supervisors.
Whoa! A clipboard?
I guess if I could have afforded one of those new IBM Personal Computer 286's for around $3,000, it's may have been easier. But a clip board was allot lighter and only required a pencil compared to those expensive 5 1/4 floppy disk.
I built a 286 with two 5 1/4" floppies and no hard drive back in the fall of 1990. And it wasn't my first PC.

You wish you had a 5 1/4 floppy... TWSS

« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!
What's the white stuff in the square bowl in the back?  Oatmeal or grits?

« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?
Well, being as he still has his October picture up, looks like he missed out on the Mrs. Claus visit.
Somehow, I think that's better for all of us.

« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2016, 01:59:04 PM »

[...]

Sorry, past my floppy faze....hard drive or bust.  TWSS

« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2016, 02:00:35 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!
What's the white stuff in the square bowl in the back?  Oatmeal or grits?
Bone bucket silly.  Texans don't acknowledge grits

« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2016, 02:01:16 PM »

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2016, 02:01:28 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?
Well, being as he still has his October picture up, looks like he missed out on the Mrs. Claus visit.
Somehow, I think that's better for all of us.

C'mon, Dave. Be a little adventuresome... it's Friday after all. lol

« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2016, 02:02:25 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!
What's the white stuff in the square bowl in the back?  Oatmeal or grits?
My guess is, something to throw the bones into.

« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2016, 02:05:40 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!
What's the white stuff in the square bowl in the back?  Oatmeal or grits?
My guess is, something to throw the bones into.
👍
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2016, 02:06:01 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!
What's the white stuff in the square bowl in the back?  Oatmeal or grits?
My guess is, something to throw the bones into.

Correct. And confirmed 3 boxes up.  ;)

« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?
Well, being as he still has his October picture up, looks like he missed out on the Mrs. Claus visit.
Somehow, I think that's better for all of us.

C'mon, Dave. Be a little adventuresome... it's Friday after all. lol
Yeah, and I don't need that image sticking with me all weekend. ;)

« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2016, 02:06:47 PM »

Drinking craft beers and eating wings at Whole Foods.
No heart medicine today?
Does that picture look like his heart is a consideration?

« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2016, 02:07:10 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?
Well, being as he still has his October picture up, looks like he missed out on the Mrs. Claus visit.
Somehow, I think that's better for all of us.
:o

« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!
What's the white stuff in the square bowl in the back?  Oatmeal or grits?
My guess is, something to throw the bones into.

Correct. And confirmed 3 boxes up.  ;)
He just wanted to feel smart. Feeling like a hot shot after his positive review.  8)

« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »

Drinking a brown ale Brewed in Dallas called Soul Child, damn good.
....and diversity points!
Are you double fisting?
Sounds like a Saturday night at Tony's house!