« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »

Ribs for lunch today...gonna go all Joey Chestnut on those bitches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsWaISmWllM
Om nom nom.

« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »

Ribs for lunch today...gonna go all Joey Chestnut on those bitches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsWaISmWllM
You're going to stuff yourself with an obscene amount of food and then propose to your girlfriend?

« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2014, 12:26:17 PM »

Ribs for lunch today...gonna go all Joey Chestnut on those bitches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsWaISmWllM
You're going to stuff yourself with an obscene amount of food and then propose to your girlfriend?
Just don't tell my wife! Fuck man, don't blow it! ;)
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #258 on: July 09, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »

Good mornin' folks. Just a drive-by for now. 7 hour power outage last night. Running a bit behind.

My condolences, flip.

Never made it to Naco (the real deal in 'dusty little border towns') yesterday. Got met in Bisbee to hand off the mining reagent they needed in Mexico.

« Reply #259 on: July 09, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »

So, am I the only one here who - it would seem - doesn't like cigars with Corojo wrappers?

I generally do not, with a few exceptions.
What are notorious smokes with Corojo wrappers?  I seem to be a Maddy and Habby guy myself
Camacho and CLE for starters
I wouldn't say notorious.  Those are some of the better examples.
True but they invented the leaf
Really? I thought Corojo went way back. Or did you mean they invented modern hybrids?
My understanding is that the name Corojo is the name of the Camacho family farm so they named the leaf after it
Did some quick reading, Corojo was invented in Cuba back in the day. It seems Camacho kind of bought it back to life in Honduras now others also use it
Pretty much it, but like most things with cigars, companies have blurred the lines and definitions, so it doesn't mean as much as it used to.   Just like cigar sizes.
Yeah, they've developed hybrids to address the genetic weaknesses of Corojo, and now there's the inevitable debate about hybrid vs. pure, discussions of yield, and so on.  Then there's the out-and-out lunacy, like the fact that the Punch Rare Corojo hasn't got any Corojo.
see that's how rare it is. no Corojo....  8)
Just in time for lunch...  How goes it, Flip.
got a few moments here to catch up with the guys... Just getting back into the swing of things, over the holiday weekend, my 32 year old daughter, had a miscarriage, this was going to be her & SIL's 2nd child, they have a happy healthy 20 month old already. spent the 1st couple of hours of the 4th of July, at a Staten Island hospital with them.  kind of put a damper on the holiday festivities.
Sorry to hear that flip

« Reply #260 on: July 09, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »

I'm feeling pressure to find sticks you two haven't tried.  I may be late.
I told you don't worry about that.  You can get something for the 101st Communion party you invite us to.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #261 on: July 09, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »

Good mornin' folks. Just a drive-by for now. 7 hour power outage last night. Running a bit behind.

My condolences, flip.

Never made it to Naco (the real deal in 'dusty little border towns') yesterday. Got met in Bisbee to hand off the mining reagent they needed in Mexico.

The Disney World of dusty little border towns.  Morning, Dave.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #262 on: July 09, 2014, 12:31:23 PM »

Also, my condolences as well, Flip.  I can not imagine what your family is going through.

« Reply #263 on: July 09, 2014, 12:31:41 PM »

Good mornin' folks. Just a drive-by for now. 7 hour power outage last night. Running a bit behind.

My condolences, flip.

Never made it to Naco (the real deal in 'dusty little border towns') yesterday. Got met in Bisbee to hand off the mining reagent they needed in Mexico.
Yeah, we know the truth.  You were trading for Cuban cigars.

« Reply #264 on: July 09, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »

Good mornin' folks. Just a drive-by for now. 7 hour power outage last night. Running a bit behind.

My condolences, flip.

Never made it to Naco (the real deal in 'dusty little border towns') yesterday. Got met in Bisbee to hand off the mining reagent they needed in Mexico.
Dusty! Sounds like all sorts of fun going on your way.

« Reply #265 on: July 09, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »

I'm feeling pressure to find sticks you two haven't tried.  I may be late.
I told you don't worry about that.  You can get something for the 101st Communion party you invite us to.
Yeah Tony don't worry about that, I don't have anything you guys haven't smoked. Got some Horny Goat though! Picked up a Rogue Farms Organic 7 Hop IPA also. Tried it last weekend thought it was very good. I'll bring it warm and it should be good and cold by the time Tony arrives
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #266 on: July 09, 2014, 12:44:10 PM »

Good mornin' folks. Just a drive-by for now. 7 hour power outage last night. Running a bit behind.

My condolences, flip.

Never made it to Naco (the real deal in 'dusty little border towns') yesterday. Got met in Bisbee to hand off the mining reagent they needed in Mexico.
Dusty! Sounds like all sorts of fun going on your way.
Dave! It's been a f'n blast!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #267 on: July 09, 2014, 12:46:31 PM »

Good mornin' folks. Just a drive-by for now. 7 hour power outage last night. Running a bit behind.

My condolences, flip.

Never made it to Naco (the real deal in 'dusty little border towns') yesterday. Got met in Bisbee to hand off the mining reagent they needed in Mexico.

The Disney World of dusty little border towns.  Morning, Dave.
I read about the golf course....it's got that at least.....

« Reply #268 on: July 09, 2014, 12:52:53 PM »

I'm feeling pressure to find sticks you two haven't tried.  I may be late.
I told you don't worry about that.  You can get something for the 101st Communion party you invite us to.
Yeah Tony don't worry about that, I don't have anything you guys haven't smoked. Got some Horny Goat though! Picked up a Rogue Farms Organic 7 Hop IPA also. Tried it last weekend thought it was very good. I'll bring it warm and it should be good and cold by the time Tony arrives
Oh that's not nice, accurate maybe, but not nice! :P
Picked up some summer shandy, and Sam Adams summer ale, both were good on Sunday, but that was when I made grilled ribs & sirloins.  Wife had invited some coworkers over.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #269 on: July 09, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »

I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more! This is my latest encounter with Cbid:

Order Confirmation # cb394xxx
If my order does not ship today, CANCEL IT! This lackadaisical shipping of orders is totally unacceptable!

Customer service comment by: Lori  Date: 7/8/14 06:23 PM

Robert, Thank you for contacting Cigar Bid. Your order will not be shipping today, so I will cancel your order as requested.Because this is a cancellation, typically a 15% restocking fee is assessed. However, as a one time courtesy, we will waive that restocking fee. If orders or bids are cancelled in the future, please note that the 15% restocking fee will be charged.I’m sorry that you are dissatisfied with our shipping times.If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you, LoriCustomer Service