CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: 12/18/2015  (Read 37404 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 12/18/2015
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »

Well, the Razman decides to show up!
Sorry, guys...I played way too late on a school night Tuesday, so stayed home yesterday and caught up on household tasks before taking the family to see the opening of The Movie.
Hoping to see that myself before the first of the year.
Must see.  Best Star Wars ever.
I'll tell you, I have yet to hear a single negative thing about it. Like, at all. I'm very much looking forward to it.
I heard some one saw it and never realized Harrison Ford was in it....?  Maybe a younger fan..?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »

Sorry, guys...I played way too late on a school night Tuesday, so stayed home yesterday and caught up on household tasks before taking the family to see the opening of The Movie.
I'll tell you, I have yet to hear a single negative thing about it. Like, at all. I'm very much looking forward to it.
I'll get around to it after I see the Godfather, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc. etc. etc.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2015, 12:16:11 PM »

I'll get around to it after I see the Godfather, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc. etc. etc.
If it makes you feel better, I've only seen Raiders from that list.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »

The worst part is that I probably have 25 of the top 100 movies of all time still shrink wrapped in the cabinet under the tv. I'll get around to it... Right after I update the website and build the mancave.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2015, 12:22:21 PM »

The worst part is that I probably have 25 of the top 100 movies of all time still shrink wrapped in the cabinet under the tv. I'll get around to it... Right after I update the website and build the mancave.
Sounds like you need a 3-day weekend.  ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2015, 12:24:02 PM »

I have so much to still accomplish. That's why I need to retire sooner than later.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2015, 12:25:05 PM »

I'm gonna go accomplish lunch. Wonder if there's anything in the fridge.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »

I heard some one saw it and never realized Harrison Ford was in it....?  Maybe a younger fan..?
I will watch it right after I see the first Star Wars but that might be a while.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »

It's beautifully shot, the characters have the blithe humanity of the first movie, the characters are in proper aspect in their cosmos, Daisy Ridley has finally carved out a space in the Star Wars pantheon for a real woman, and it's a fearless film.  No, it won't manage to score a nomination for Best Picture, but JJ Abrams should be nominated for Best Director and it will be a crime if Ridley isn't nominated for Best Actress.  Is it perfect? No film is perfect.  There are things worthy of criticizing - but they are small things.  As a whole, it's an amazing movie.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2015, 12:44:54 PM »

Can't be.  That has to be someone who hasn't been on the Internet in the past 12 months...i.e., a really old fart.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »

You guys were obviously abused children.  Something wrong with you.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »

Second retirement nightmare this morning.
All my retired neighbors have leaf blowers.  They blow their leaves on different days, and it takes them from 2 to 4 hours.  So on average, I hear this humming noise from the leaf blowers for 3 hours a day, for 3 days a week.  Ugh...!
Ask Santa for some Noise Cancelling Headphones....good for leaf blowers, mowers, wardens, nearby airports, visiting babies, whatever.  There's a solution for most everything!
Add babbling bitches in my office to that good for list

Threebean

« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2015, 12:51:45 PM »

Second retirement nightmare this morning.
All my retired neighbors have leaf blowers.  They blow their leaves on different days, and it takes them from 2 to 4 hours.  So on average, I hear this humming noise from the leaf blowers for 3 hours a day, for 3 days a week.  Ugh...!
Ask Santa for some Noise Cancelling Headphones....good for leaf blowers, mowers, wardens, nearby airports, visiting babies, whatever.  There's a solution for most everything!
Add babbling bitches in my office to that good for list
Your cosmos is obviously out of proper aspect.

sfish

« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2015, 01:00:22 PM »

Scored a case of Victory At Sea! Just arrived out here...woody central!!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »

They don't know how George Lucas taught us to count,
IV, V, VI, I, II, III now VII.  just left the film, walked the 3 blocks to work.  Very good.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26