CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: 10/21/2015  (Read 32819 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2015, 09:39:25 AM »

Market Opening

DOW   +41

Threebean

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2015, 09:46:51 AM »

12 Obama Blocks today.   Things are bustling downtown with this being Formula 1 race week here.  Red Bull teams are staying at the hotel across the street, maybe Lewis Hamilton is there too and will jump off the roof.
Maybe you'll see Sir Elton as well. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2015, 09:47:10 AM »

Thursday Church Lunch

$9 Dine-in, $9.50 Take-out

MENU—October 22, 2015

ENTREE CHOICES
• Roast Turkey & Bacon Croissant Sandwiches with Garden Salad Side and Sweet Potato Fries
• Jalapeño Chicken
• Smoked Brisket
• Vegetarian Entrée: Brown Rice Patty with Pesto, Tomato & Provolone

SIDES
• Spanish Rice
• Vegetable Medley

DESSERT CHOICES
• Cheese Cake with Blueberry Sauce
• Flan
• Black Bottom Banana Pielets

* Entree salads come with dessert (no sides).
 All meals served with tea, coffee, water and bread
Wait a minute, I thought it was Wednesday.
Edit:  you confused me there

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2015, 09:47:51 AM »

12 Obama Blocks today.   Things are bustling downtown with this being Formula 1 race week here.  Red Bull teams are staying at the hotel across the street, maybe Lewis Hamilton is there too and will jump off the roof.
Probably make some good cigar money renting out a room or two at the TexDave Estate.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2015, 09:52:51 AM »

Maybe you'll see Sir Elton as well.
Oh yeah, forgot about Her!  Driskill is where the big time superstars usually hang other likely place would be the W or maybe the Four-Seasons.  Saw Michael Jordan there (Driskill) one time years ago.

Edit:  Forgot about the Hyatt Lost Pines, that is damn near across the highway from the track and very popular with the private jet crowd.  Son used to be an assistant golf pro there when he first got out of college and they got all kinds of things to accommodate them, including an underground tunnel for them to move around the facility unseen. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2015, 09:53:24 AM »

Probably make some good cigar money renting out a room or two at the TexDave Estate.
Too far away, they are the cool crowd that hangs downtown.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »

Thursday Church Lunch

$9 Dine-in, $9.50 Take-out

MENU—October 22, 2015

ENTREE CHOICES
• Roast Turkey & Bacon Croissant Sandwiches with Garden Salad Side and Sweet Potato Fries
• Jalapeño Chicken
• Smoked Brisket
• Vegetarian Entrée: Brown Rice Patty with Pesto, Tomato & Provolone

SIDES
• Spanish Rice
• Vegetable Medley

DESSERT CHOICES
• Cheese Cake with Blueberry Sauce
• Flan
• Black Bottom Banana Pielets

* Entree salads come with dessert (no sides).
 All meals served with tea, coffee, water and bread
Wait a minute, I thought it was Wednesday.
Edit:  you confused me there
Chit you are right it is Wednesday, guess I wished it was Thursday but they put it online a few days before so it will be the menu for tomorrow.  As Dean stated earlier getting old is fun being old is not so much :( but it is my mind not my RA.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »

Yea, but when the A listers book up downtown, you can catch some spillover B participants.

Threebean

« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2015, 09:55:39 AM »

With the weather forecast they'll be doing a lot of hanging around indoors the next few days.  And you'll be without your IT guys, which I'm sure troubles you greatly.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2015, 09:57:19 AM »

With the weather forecast they'll be doing a lot of hanging around indoors the next few days.  And you'll be without your IT guys, which I'm sure troubles you greatly.
Rain could play a factor but they do race in the rain just not if it is lightning.  Bars will be out of control.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2015, 10:02:05 AM »

Yea, but when the A listers book up downtown, you can catch some spillover B participants.
It is about 40 miles from my house to that track.  I think rentals of less than a month are illegal in my city too.

From my part of town we will never know it is going on, nice to live in sleepyville!   Now working downtown it is a nightmare while here.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2015, 10:04:19 AM »

It is about 40 miles from my house to that track.  I think rentals of less than a month are illegal in my city too.

From my part of town we will never know it is going on, nice to live in sleepyville!   Now working downtown it is a nightmare while here.
Register an AirBnB.com - just rent a room, should be good for all rental codes.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2015, 10:14:42 AM »

The weather here is decent so I'm gonna head out with a cigar.  I have an H. Upmann Legacy I found while humi diving.  I believe it came from the most recent CF.  If it sucks, I'll pitch it and try something else.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2015, 10:18:05 AM »

good morning guys. my RA is really kicking my ass today.
no golf for me :(
trying to fit camping gear in Jeep. oh joy.
getting old was fun. being old not so much.
AF Chateu and coffee. can barely hold the cup.
Morning Dean, must be bad if you are not golfing on Wednesday.
yes, worst I've experienced in years. thank God for OTC medications, which I will not not take as directed.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »

The weather here is decent so I'm gonna head out with a cigar.  I have an H. Upmann Legacy I found while humi diving.  I believe it came from the most recent CF.  If it sucks, I'll pitch it and try something else.
Hope the Company Detectives do not snap some photos and video's of you out walking around smoking while too sick to come to work. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22