« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2015, 11:00:04 AM »

12 John Bull  Prime Minister Churchill  (7.2 x 54)
          20/32.50

11 Man O' War Armada  Gordo  (6.5 x 56)
           5/49.99
10 Gurkha Park Avenue Habano
         10/27.50
9 Ashton Magnum
         5/37.50
 8 601 Blue Box-Press Maduro Robusto
         10/39.99
 7 Drew Eatate Undercrown Gran Toro
          5/27.50
 6 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 5 Camacho Corojo
          5/31.50
 4 La Gloria Cubana Artesanos Retro Especiale
         10/34.99
 3 Drew Estate Smoking Monk Imperial Stout
          5/24.50
 2 Xikar HC Series Habano Robusto
         10/38.99
 1 Cohiba Puro Dominicana
          5/29.99

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2015, 11:00:31 AM »

From ultra-premium to blue light special....sheesh.

« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2015, 11:01:52 AM »

Morning Sleepers Travellin Dave, CG and Tony.  Waiting for this little meeting to start, talking to a state trooper major telling me that a McDonalds would not serve them coffee.
There was a big issue about that happening at a Dunkin' Donuts the other day.  Commie assholes.
They may change their tune when they're robbed at gunpoint because the cops no longer stop by.
It's well known that the places that complain the most about cops are also the ones that call them the most....go figure.
But if the cop was gay or sex changed the server would go to jail ::)
too many Liberal Civil Liberties in this country. they are working on removing 'In God We Trust'. even commies believe in God.
Well, that's only been on money for like 60 years, so that's not really much of a fundamental shift or anything.
before that it may have been latin "from many - one".
Jean Shepard wrote a book "In God We Trust - All Others pay Cash!", I remember sharing a pitcher of Fife & Drum dark beer with him, when he came to talk at the University of Rochester in 1974-75 ish.  His articles were always good reading material, gave Playboy some redeeming social value.  Most of you know him from "The Christmas Story", You'll shoot your eye out!.
And that house is right around the corner from where I grocery shop.

« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2015, 11:32:41 AM »

[...]
The Latin is still there. E Pluribus Unum.

« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2015, 11:34:26 AM »

13 Pinar del Rio Habana Sun Grown  Torpedo  (6.5 x 52)
          10/25.00

[...]

« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2015, 11:35:10 AM »

[...]
Imagine it's a museum or something?

« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2015, 11:46:15 AM »

[...]
Indeed. Someone bought it, then spent time restoring it to look just like it did in the movie.  http://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/

« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2015, 11:46:34 AM »

Getting out for a lunchtime walk, BBL

« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2015, 11:48:51 AM »

14 L'Atelier Surrogates Tramp Stamp Robusto  (5.2 x 48)
            5/27.50

[...]

« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2015, 11:49:33 AM »

OK, couldn't leave without posting Yellowstar's signature smoke...
Now I'm out.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 10/8/2015
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2015, 12:47:49 PM »

flip-----Jean Shepard wrote a book "In God We Trust - All Others pay Cash!", I remember sharing a pitcher of Fife & Drum dark beer with him, when he came to talk at the University of Rochester in 1974-75 ish.  His articles were always good reading material, gave Playboy some redeeming social value.  Most of you know him from "The Christmas Story", You'll shoot your eye out!.

Were you a "listener"?  Shep had a talk show on WOR Radio weeknights at 11:00 pm back in the 60s.  It was just him, no guests, talking about all sorts of funny stuff.  I have an autographed copy of that book.

« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2015, 12:51:58 PM »

OK, couldn't leave without posting Yellowstar's signature smoke...
Now I'm out.
By Dave, I going out too, but only to the corner deli for sushi or mongolian grill, or a sub, or some hot buffet. I tell you, only in New York!  ;D

« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »

flip-----Jean Shepard wrote a book "In God We Trust - All Others pay Cash!", I remember sharing a pitcher of Fife & Drum dark beer with him, when he came to talk at the University of Rochester in 1974-75 ish.  His articles were always good reading material, gave Playboy some redeeming social value.  Most of you know him from "The Christmas Story", You'll shoot your eye out!.

Were you a "listener"?  Shep had a talk show on WOR Radio weeknights at 11:00 pm back in the 60s.  It was just him, no guests, talking about all sorts of funny stuff.  I have an autographed copy of that book.
no, I liked his stuff, but I wasn't a radio guy, back then.

« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »

Chicken fried steak in Dripping Springs, TX for lunch, yummmm!
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 10/8/2015
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »

flip-----Jean Shepard wrote a book "In God We Trust - All Others pay Cash!", I remember sharing a pitcher of Fife & Drum dark beer with him, when he came to talk at the University of Rochester in 1974-75 ish.  His articles were always good reading material, gave Playboy some redeeming social value.  Most of you know him from "The Christmas Story", You'll shoot your eye out!.

Were you a "listener"?  Shep had a talk show on WOR Radio weeknights at 11:00 pm back in the 60s.  It was just him, no guests, talking about all sorts of funny stuff.  I have an autographed copy of that book.
no, I liked his stuff, but I wasn't a radio guy, back then.

He also did some old car shows for Discovery Channel back in the 80s. In one episode he was in a 1930 Dusenberg and "raced" Brock Yates, who was driving a 1930 Packard around IMS.  Great stuff.