I always thought messages from cars should be "context sensitive".  if you have just started the car, the simple, "door is ajar", seems OK.  Doing 65mph on the highway, and the message should be, "What are you nuts? Close the fucking door!"
I once created an error-handling API that tracked user errors and displayed increasingly hostile, insulting, and profane error messages. I used it in a shipping/receiving system I wrote for a former employer. They  loved it.

I hate to keep bringing this up, but last night my ex-sister-in-law called (texted on my cell phone), to tell me she had received a letter from her car insurance company that needed to be signed and returned in order for them to do a credit check.  I can see having a credit check if you are taking out a loan, or getting a credit card, but not for paying for services.  Again, I do believe there is something to your car insurance rates being tied to your credit scores.
Not your score, but yes, your credit info impacts your auto insurance price in most states.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

I hate to keep bringing this up, but last night my ex-sister-in-law called (texted on my cell phone), to tell me she had received a letter from her car insurance company that needed to be signed and returned in order for them to do a credit check.  I can see having a credit check if you are taking out a loan, or getting a credit card, but not for paying for services.  Again, I do believe there is something to your car insurance rates being tied to your credit scores.
and whether or not the moon was in the seventh house when you were born.  never under estimate the importance of astrology.  8)
I won't.....  And, May a love-starved fruit-fly molest your sister's nectarines.

I hate to keep bringing this up, but last night my ex-sister-in-law called (texted on my cell phone), to tell me she had received a letter from her car insurance company that needed to be signed and returned in order for them to do a credit check.  I can see having a credit check if you are taking out a loan, or getting a credit card, but not for paying for services.  Again, I do believe there is something to your car insurance rates being tied to your credit scores.
Was there some doubt? In the previous discussion, we noted that some states prohibit it, and that it doesn't outweigh a DUI. But yeah, they're using your credit rating.
I must have left early and missed the end of the story... oops.
No worries. Just be advised that your credit rating is the single biggest factor in your insurance rates short of criminal convictions.

Fine week of weekly offerings at CI....Victor Sinclair, Cuban Honey's, Rocky Patel bundles and Gurkha Black Ops, sheesh, that's depressing.

I hate to keep bringing this up, but last night my ex-sister-in-law called (texted on my cell phone), to tell me she had received a letter from her car insurance company that needed to be signed and returned in order for them to do a credit check.  I can see having a credit check if you are taking out a loan, or getting a credit card, but not for paying for services.  Again, I do believe there is something to your car insurance rates being tied to your credit scores.
Not your score, but yes, your credit info impacts your auto insurance price in most states.

Well, A score. May not be the FICO score, the AdvantagePlus score, or any of the other commonly-known ones, but they calculate a score and tie it into their actuarial tables.

Dayum, the girl in the cubicle next to mine is looking Capital-F-Fine today. Sheesh.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

I e-mail Cigars International and told them I had a problem with their Wack-A-Deal at the end of my purchase.  Basically all items had $xxx.xx and didn't display any prices. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention and said the problem has been corrected.  If you still see it, they suggest clearing the Cache and history from your web browser.
Did they offer to let you buy the Kuba Kuba's or whatever it was as the whack-a-price?
No, no offers, just a thank you...  But I did buy a $10 humidor once on that deal.  Actually, it was really nice. It held 20 cigars.  I gave it to my son with one of those little gel tubes.

TexDaves rally is loosing some steam....DOW only up about 50.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

I hate to keep bringing this up, but last night my ex-sister-in-law called (texted on my cell phone), to tell me she had received a letter from her car insurance company that needed to be signed and returned in order for them to do a credit check.  I can see having a credit check if you are taking out a loan, or getting a credit card, but not for paying for services.  Again, I do believe there is something to your car insurance rates being tied to your credit scores.
Was there some doubt? In the previous discussion, we noted that some states prohibit it, and that it doesn't outweigh a DUI. But yeah, they're using your credit rating.
Thank You Raz, maybe it will take today but I give up.
Now be nice, Tex. Dad's got a lot on his mind and was typing out his woes at the time. This is group therapy, after all.
Thanks Raz.  I do have allot on my mind, and right now I'm thinking, "beer."

TexDaves rally is loosing some steam....DOW only up about 50.
Never used the word Rally I only got it opened and a modest gain for you.

Dayum, the girl in the cubicle next to mine is looking Capital-F-Fine today. Sheesh.
Show her your Dean Dawg

She can evangelize all she wants in the big house!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/kentucky-clerk-same-sex-marriage-kim-davis/index.html
(but being married four times is not against her Christian beliefs!)

WTF is Dean anyway?  He missed Golf Wednesday and restful Thursday
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

I always thought messages from cars should be "context sensitive".  if you have just started the car, the simple, "door is ajar", seems OK.  Doing 65mph on the highway, and the message should be, "What are you nuts? Close the fucking door!"
That reminds me of when I got a new cell phone.  A sweet little sales girl offered to transfer my old stuff to my new phone.  She looked up at me with those sweet lovely eyes and said, "what do you mean, Leave a message monkeybutt..?"