BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #255 on: August 31, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »

AtlanticDave, what was the preferred vitola for the La Imperiosa? I'm thinking CG, but gotta save a couple weeks... gotta wait for stock to come in anyway.

Anyone can give their opinion obviously. Only had a CG and the petite robusto myself. Looking to get a box.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #256 on: August 31, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »

As for San Diego Beers.....how about Rip Current Hazardous Hazelnut Porter, Zumbar Dark Chocolate Imperial Coffee Stout, Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen, AleSmith Anvil Ale ESB,  The Lost Abbey Avant Garde, The Bruery's Autumn Maple,
::)
They're not all so fru-fru Bean.....the Ayinger Oktoberfest is a standard offering, the Alesmith is a classic English Bitter.  Nothing really left coast about them, as a matter of fact, they're both far right coast.
Real beers not foofoo suds?

Bud, Bud Light, Bud Ice, Bud Dry... remember dry beers? sheesh
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2015, 04:22:36 PM »

As for San Diego Beers.....how about Rip Current Hazardous Hazelnut Porter, Zumbar Dark Chocolate Imperial Coffee Stout, Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen, AleSmith Anvil Ale ESB,  The Lost Abbey Avant Garde, The Bruery's Autumn Maple,
::)
They're not all so fru-fru Bean.....the Ayinger Oktoberfest is a standard offering, the Alesmith is a classic English Bitter.  Nothing really left coast about them, as a matter of fact, they're both far right coast.
Real beers not foofoo suds?

Bud, Bud Light, Bud Ice, Bud Dry... remember dry beers? sheesh

The new Belgian owners probably love it... and are gonna bring it back! Retro is IN!

« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »

One that turned my stomach just thinking was an Oyster Stout the BIL gave me to try...  :o still building up my nerve. lol Just psychological, I'm sure.
Yup, psychological....and when you head up this way a bit, you can try a Flying Dog Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout.

« Reply #259 on: August 31, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »

18!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2015, 04:27:32 PM »

« Reply #261 on: August 31, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »

AtlanticDave, what was the preferred vitola for the La Imperiosa? I'm thinking CG, but gotta save a couple weeks... gotta wait for stock to come in anyway.

Anyone can give their opinion obviously. Only had a CG and the petite robusto myself. Looking to get a box.
The Toro was the top ranked size when the LC14s came out, for what that's worth, followed by the robusto.  The CG probably gets my vote and is the one I am waiting for as well.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #262 on: August 31, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »

AtlanticDave, what was the preferred vitola for the La Imperiosa? I'm thinking CG, but gotta save a couple weeks... gotta wait for stock to come in anyway.

Anyone can give their opinion obviously. Only had a CG and the petite robusto myself. Looking to get a box.
The Toro was the top ranked size when the LC14s came out, for what that's worth, followed by the robusto.  The CG probably gets my vote and is the one I am waiting for as well.

I have a guess that Dave will say the toro. He seems to prefer that in many offerings. Something about most blends use that size as the 'base'... if I'm remembering correctly.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #263 on: August 31, 2015, 04:38:16 PM »

AtlanticDave, what was the preferred vitola for the La Imperiosa? I'm thinking CG, but gotta save a couple weeks... gotta wait for stock to come in anyway.

Anyone can give their opinion obviously. Only had a CG and the petite robusto myself. Looking to get a box.
The Toro was the top ranked size when the LC14s came out, for what that's worth, followed by the robusto.  The CG probably gets my vote and is the one I am waiting for as well.

Are you going Atlantic, Shaun? Think Dave said $142 VIP? Seems about the most reasonable.

« Reply #264 on: August 31, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »

Nice little excursion to the mountain top this afternoon...

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #265 on: August 31, 2015, 04:52:29 PM »

Nice little excursion to the mountain top this afternoon...

Very nice, Tony. Looks like a few spots there an in-law could go 'missing'.  ;) jk

« Reply #266 on: August 31, 2015, 04:52:40 PM »

As for San Diego Beers.....how about Rip Current Hazardous Hazelnut Porter, Zumbar Dark Chocolate Imperial Coffee Stout, Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen, AleSmith Anvil Ale ESB,  The Lost Abbey Avant Garde, The Bruery's Autumn Maple,
::)
They're not all so fru-fru Bean.....the Ayinger Oktoberfest is a standard offering, the Alesmith is a classic English Bitter.  Nothing really left coast about them, as a matter of fact, they're both far right coast.
Real beers not foofoo suds?

Bud, Bud Light, Bud Ice, Bud Dry... remember dry beers? sheesh

« Reply #267 on: August 31, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »

Nice little excursion to the mountain top this afternoon...

Very nice, Tony. Looks like a few spots there an in-law could go 'missing'.  ;) jk
It's not the in-laws who I think he likes, but he may consider it for a warden....
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #268 on: August 31, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »

As for San Diego Beers.....how about Rip Current Hazardous Hazelnut Porter, Zumbar Dark Chocolate Imperial Coffee Stout, Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen, AleSmith Anvil Ale ESB,  The Lost Abbey Avant Garde, The Bruery's Autumn Maple,
::)
They're not all so fru-fru Bean.....the Ayinger Oktoberfest is a standard offering, the Alesmith is a classic English Bitter.  Nothing really left coast about them, as a matter of fact, they're both far right coast.
Real beers not foofoo suds?

Bud, Bud Light, Bud Ice, Bud Dry... remember dry beers? sheesh

What happened?

« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »

AtlanticDave, what was the preferred vitola for the La Imperiosa? I'm thinking CG, but gotta save a couple weeks... gotta wait for stock to come in anyway.
Actually, La Imperiosa is very nice to offer a four pack sampler of the different vitola's to help you with that conclusion for only $26.  For this one, yes, my first choice is a toro (6 3/8 x 50) followed by the corona (5 5/8 x 46)