CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: 8/31/2015  (Read 35201 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/31/2015
« Reply #255 on: August 31, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »

AtlanticDave, what was the preferred vitola for the La Imperiosa? I'm thinking CG, but gotta save a couple weeks... gotta wait for stock to come in anyway.

Anyone can give their opinion obviously. Only had a CG and the petite robusto myself. Looking to get a box.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #256 on: August 31, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »

As for San Diego Beers.....how about Rip Current Hazardous Hazelnut Porter, Zumbar Dark Chocolate Imperial Coffee Stout, Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen, AleSmith Anvil Ale ESB,  The Lost Abbey Avant Garde, The Bruery's Autumn Maple,
::)
They're not all so fru-fru Bean.....the Ayinger Oktoberfest is a standard offering, the Alesmith is a classic English Bitter.  Nothing really left coast about them, as a matter of fact, they're both far right coast.
Real beers not foofoo suds?

Bud, Bud Light, Bud Ice, Bud Dry... remember dry beers? sheesh

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2015, 04:22:36 PM »

As for San Diego Beers.....how about Rip Current Hazardous Hazelnut Porter, Zumbar Dark Chocolate Imperial Coffee Stout, Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen, AleSmith Anvil Ale ESB,  The Lost Abbey Avant Garde, The Bruery's Autumn Maple,
They're not all so fru-fru Bean.....the Ayinger Oktoberfest is a standard offering, the Alesmith is a classic English Bitter.  Nothing really left coast about them, as a matter of fact, they're both far right coast.

The new Belgian owners probably love it... and are gonna bring it back! Retro is IN!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »

One that turned my stomach just thinking was an Oyster Stout the BIL gave me to try...  :o still building up my nerve. lol Just psychological, I'm sure.
Yup, psychological....and when you head up this way a bit, you can try a Flying Dog Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #259 on: August 31, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »

18!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2015, 04:27:32 PM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #261 on: August 31, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »

AtlanticDave, what was the preferred vitola for the La Imperiosa? I'm thinking CG, but gotta save a couple weeks... gotta wait for stock to come in anyway.

Anyone can give their opinion obviously. Only had a CG and the petite robusto myself. Looking to get a box.
The Toro was the top ranked size when the LC14s came out, for what that's worth, followed by the robusto.  The CG probably gets my vote and is the one I am waiting for as well. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #262 on: August 31, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »

The Toro was the top ranked size when the LC14s came out, for what that's worth, followed by the robusto.  The CG probably gets my vote and is the one I am waiting for as well.

I have a guess that Dave will say the toro. He seems to prefer that in many offerings. Something about most blends use that size as the 'base'... if I'm remembering correctly.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #263 on: August 31, 2015, 04:38:16 PM »

Are you going Atlantic, Shaun? Think Dave said $142 VIP? Seems about the most reasonable.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #264 on: August 31, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »

Nice little excursion to the mountain top this afternoon...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #265 on: August 31, 2015, 04:52:29 PM »

Very nice, Tony. Looks like a few spots there an in-law could go 'missing'.  ;) jk

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #266 on: August 31, 2015, 04:52:40 PM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #267 on: August 31, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »

Very nice, Tony. Looks like a few spots there an in-law could go 'missing'.  ;) jk
It's not the in-laws who I think he likes, but he may consider it for a warden....

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #268 on: August 31, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »

What happened?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »

Actually, La Imperiosa is very nice to offer a four pack sampler of the different vitola's to help you with that conclusion for only $26.  For this one, yes, my first choice is a toro (6 3/8 x 50) followed by the corona (5 5/8 x 46) 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23