« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2015, 02:41:22 PM »

Picked up a bunch of beers to try: 4 pack of ST Pumking, ST Choklat Oranj, Shiner Grapefruit, Traveler Grapefruit, SA Pumpkin Patch, SA Octoberfest, SN Octoberfest, Shiner Octoberfest, another Octoberfest from some brand that starts with a W, and a couple other stragglers.
DAmn is that all you could find?

I assume by Shiner Grapefruit you are referring to Ruby Red.  Hope that is for your wife as real men don't drink that pu$$y beer.
LALTS!  I like grapefruit beers, GFY - it's a summer thing...and yes, Ruby Red.  That's all I wanted to get cause it was in the create your own 6pack section, more in 6packs but not ready to commit to others.  All in all I got 1 bomber and 16 bottles
Oh, I thought you got a 4-pak or 6-pak of all those.
Haha, that would be NJDave style - I don't roll like that.  Just singles :)
Shiner and SA Octoberfests are very good, I think I prefer the SA though.  Just bought some SN Octoberfest and have not tried it yet.  Might do that today though.

« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2015, 02:41:51 PM »

Picked up a bunch of beers to try: 4 pack of ST Pumking, ST Choklat Oranj, Shiner Grapefruit, Traveler Grapefruit, SA Pumpkin Patch, SA Octoberfest, SN Octoberfest, Shiner Octoberfest, another Octoberfest from some brand that starts with a W, and a couple other stragglers.
Good assortment.  If you like Sam Adams, it's easiest to get the half case Fall variety sampler that has three of four different beers.  Some you can only get in the sampler, some if you like them you can get separately.
I usually boycott SA, but I haven't tried to in the last 18months when I have really broadened my beer palate.  They make a lot of beers that sound great tho, so it would be nice if I liked them.
What is wrong with SA?

« Reply #257 on: August 20, 2015, 02:42:13 PM »

[...]

Did you like the SA Pumpkin Patch one?

« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2015, 02:43:21 PM »

Picked up a bunch of beers to try: 4 pack of ST Pumking, ST Choklat Oranj, Shiner Grapefruit, Traveler Grapefruit, SA Pumpkin Patch, SA Octoberfest, SN Octoberfest, Shiner Octoberfest, another Octoberfest from some brand that starts with a W, and a couple other stragglers.
Good assortment.  If you like Sam Adams, it's easiest to get the half case Fall variety sampler that has three of four different beers.  Some you can only get in the sampler, some if you like them you can get separately.
I usually boycott SA, but I haven't tried to in the last 18months when I have really broadened my beer palate.  They make a lot of beers that sound great tho, so it would be nice if I liked them.
What is wrong with SA?
Just something about their yeast strain that I don't like.  Just never gave me a great taste, so I just said fuck em and refused to try more of their beers

« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »

[...]
I like several of their beers but think their Octoberfest is the best of the bunch.

« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »

« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2015, 02:55:16 PM »

« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2015, 02:55:40 PM »

Picked up a bunch of beers to try: 4 pack of ST Pumking, ST Choklat Oranj, Shiner Grapefruit, Traveler Grapefruit, SA Pumpkin Patch, SA Octoberfest, SN Octoberfest, Shiner Octoberfest, another Octoberfest from some brand that starts with a W, and a couple other stragglers.
Good assortment.  If you like Sam Adams, it's easiest to get the half case Fall variety sampler that has three of four different beers.  Some you can only get in the sampler, some if you like them you can get separately.
I usually boycott SA, but I haven't tried to in the last 18months when I have really broadened my beer palate.  They make a lot of beers that sound great tho, so it would be nice if I liked them.
I particularly enjoy their fall and winter samplers.  One of the best light beers IMHO, also like the Summer Ale on days like this.

« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »

Picked up a bunch of beers to try: 4 pack of ST Pumking, ST Choklat Oranj, Shiner Grapefruit, Traveler Grapefruit, SA Pumpkin Patch, SA Octoberfest, SN Octoberfest, Shiner Octoberfest, another Octoberfest from some brand that starts with a W, and a couple other stragglers.
Good assortment.  If you like Sam Adams, it's easiest to get the half case Fall variety sampler that has three of four different beers.  Some you can only get in the sampler, some if you like them you can get separately.
I usually boycott SA, but I haven't tried to in the last 18months when I have really broadened my beer palate.  They make a lot of beers that sound great tho, so it would be nice if I liked them.
I particularly enjoy their fall and winter samplers.  One of the best light beers IMHO, also like the Summer Ale on days like this.
I really hope I like them, not setting the bar super high, but I would love to enjoy either one of the Octoberfest/Pumpkin and then be able to stock up a little.  I do actually like their Boston Ale, that's about the only one tho.

« Reply #264 on: August 20, 2015, 02:58:49 PM »

[...]

I would say its more subtle and natural tasting than a lot of the pumpkin offerings out there.  I enjoy it.  Sam also puts out a  Small Batch pumpkin offering that competes with Pumking called Fat Jack.

« Reply #265 on: August 20, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »

[...]

I don't do Pumpkin, Chocolate, Fruits, Peanut Butter or other sweet treats in my beer.

« Reply #266 on: August 20, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »

Picked up a bunch of beers to try: 4 pack of ST Pumking, ST Choklat Oranj, Shiner Grapefruit, Traveler Grapefruit, SA Pumpkin Patch, SA Octoberfest, SN Octoberfest, Shiner Octoberfest, another Octoberfest from some brand that starts with a W, and a couple other stragglers.
Good assortment.  If you like Sam Adams, it's easiest to get the half case Fall variety sampler that has three of four different beers.  Some you can only get in the sampler, some if you like them you can get separately.
I usually boycott SA, but I haven't tried to in the last 18months when I have really broadened my beer palate.  They make a lot of beers that sound great tho, so it would be nice if I liked them.
I particularly enjoy their fall and winter samplers.  One of the best light beers IMHO, also like the Summer Ale on days like this.
I had a SA Winter beer last year that was really good but do not remember the name.

« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2015, 03:04:33 PM »

[...]
#Commie

« Reply #268 on: August 20, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »

My favorite winter beers are several of those produced by Big Sky Brewing - Moose Drool, Trout Slayer and Powder Hound are some great ones.

« Reply #269 on: August 20, 2015, 03:05:46 PM »

[...]

Amen.