CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: 8/4/2015  (Read 38799 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2015, 09:50:07 AM »

heading out. pray Murphy's Law doesn't hit.
Wishing you the Best but I think we will just wait to hear the next reported incident. ::)
Make sure to check in later Dean, we need status updates!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2015, 09:51:55 AM »

Armadillos are bulletproof.

That's the conclusion people are drawing after a man failed to kill one with three gunshots. According to Reuters, the unnamed man walked out of his Marietta home at 3 a.m. with a .38 revolver, intending to make short work of the short animal. At least one bullet ricocheted back at the man, hitting him in the head. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut.

No one knows what became of the armadillo, or if it was even hurt.
Sheesh!  I remember killing those little bastards all the time when we would vacation in Texas.  My parents would send me out with our old semi-auto .22 and I would just kill everything in sight...RIP Cecil  :'(    ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »

That's the conclusion people are drawing after a man failed to kill one with three gunshots. According to Reuters, the unnamed man walked out of his Marietta home at 3 a.m. with a .38 revolver, intending to make short work of the short animal. At least one bullet ricocheted back at the man, hitting him in the head. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut.

I know for a fact they aren't steel-belted radial proof.

Wtf was this guy chootin anyway? Was the armadillo crossing through his yard and there was no such crossing sign posted?  ::)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2015, 09:56:07 AM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2015, 09:56:30 AM »

Sheesh!  I remember killing those little bastards all the time when we would vacation in Texas.  My parents would send me out with our old semi-auto .22 and I would just kill everything in sight...RIP Cecil  :'(    ;)
I have probably permanently removed at least a few hundred of them from Louisiana.  Tried all sorts of bullets and found the very most effective at less than 50 yards is a .22 Winchester Mag Hollowpoint.    This also proves the lack of luster for those that insist a .38 revolver with normal day-to-day ammo is an effective self defense tool.  It is ok with +p or +P+ high performance hollow points but only OK.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2015, 09:56:54 AM »

ANIMAL KILLER!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Good Morning Mayor T and no GFY from me! 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2015, 09:57:26 AM »

ANIMAL KILLER!
No lions though.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2015, 09:57:41 AM »

Good mornin Tony - GFY!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »

Fuk'n meeting time!   Rather have a scrotum piercing I think.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2015, 09:59:03 AM »

I have probably permanently removed at least a few hundred of them from Louisiana.  Tried all sorts of bullets and found the very most effective at less than 50 yards is a .22 Winchester Mag Hollowpoint.    This also proves the lack of luster for those that insist a .38 revolver with normal day-to-day ammo is an effective self defense tool.  It is ok with +p or +P+ high performance hollow points but only OK.
Agreed - that wouldn't be my pistol of choice.  It might scare them, but wouldn't stop them.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »

Fuk'n meeting time!   Rather have a scrotum piercing I think.
Depends if it goes though the sack or the balls...I'd probably just take the meeting.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2015, 10:00:22 AM »

Yeah, Tuesday... GFY!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2015, 10:10:02 AM »

CyB's mashing again at $19 which is a heck of a nice deal when you buy 4 and use Catsrule -  IMHO
Okay, would everyone STFU with the enabling? I'm just getting my fun budget back in shape and you yahoos are trying to spend it all in one day. Sheesh.

Morning, muchachos.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2015, 10:11:56 AM »

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22