CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: 8/3/2015  (Read 27650 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/3/2015
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2015, 09:11:39 AM »

Morning $1Dave, F'emDave, NotAngryDave, biebs, TrailerinDean.
You gonna publish an aka address book.  Gettin' hard to keep 'em all straight.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »

Is it Friday?
The sooner the better. Got a company event at the Indians game Friday, taking the whole family. Plus it's dollar dog night. Gonna drown my weekly sorrows in hot dogs. Morning, Dave.
I don't do the company events, last people on earth I want to be around are the dickheads I work with.
Does anybody else sense a bad attitude?
I agree. after working 12-16 hour days 7 days a week the LAST thing I wanted to do was socialize with the other employees.
Perhaps I misspoke when I said company event. Basically, since we own the naming rights to the field, they give us a huge block of tickets, which we then get at a discount. I'm going for the game. I anticipate no socialization, except maybe with my family.
Company event means everyone =/- goes and sits together for a hug-in.
Not sure what kind of crazy company events you guys have in Texas, here in the mid-west, we try to have a good time.
The difference is in the definition of a good time between the mid-west and the South.
Lets say South West.  Have to say I've noticed a significant difference between the part of Texas I've visited and what I call the South.....Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi.  (not sure about LA)
All I know about LA is that they have a lot of grass to mow.
Exactly.  Never been, so I can't say myself.  On the bucket list so I need to go before long.
I am a bit surprised at that I did not think there were any states and few countries your travels had not hit.
Well, in the US, haven't gotten to Hawaii, the Dakotas, Kansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. 
Nothing in South America, Africa or SE Asia.  Not that I have any interest in South America or Africa, but Japan would be interesting.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »

Is it Friday?
The sooner the better. Got a company event at the Indians game Friday, taking the whole family. Plus it's dollar dog night. Gonna drown my weekly sorrows in hot dogs. Morning, Dave.
I don't do the company events, last people on earth I want to be around are the dickheads I work with.
I agree. after working 12-16 hour days 7 days a week the LAST thing I wanted to do was socialize with the other employees.
Perhaps I misspoke when I said company event. Basically, since we own the naming rights to the field, they give us a huge block of tickets, which we then get at a discount. I'm going for the game. I anticipate no socialization, except maybe with my family.
Not sure what kind of crazy company events you guys have in Texas, here in the mid-west, we try to have a good time.
The difference is in the definition of a good time between the mid-west and the South.
Lets say South West.  Have to say I've noticed a significant difference between the part of Texas I've visited and what I call the South.....Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi.  (not sure about LA)
Exactly.  Never been, so I can't say myself.  On the bucket list so I need to go before long.
Don't put it too high on the list.  Swamps, mosquitos, and Deliverance people.
Chip and I appreciate your lack of vision.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:56 AM »

Is it Friday?
Got them most everywhere.  Skeeters can't be any worse than they are in the northeast (worse the further north you go) and the northern central states.  Just have to deal with them for a shorter time.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2015, 09:20:29 AM »

Is it Friday?
And to think some people ripped into me for talking negatively about the Pelican State.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2015, 09:22:18 AM »

Is it Friday?
I am a bit surprised at that I did not think there were any states and few countries your travels had not hit.
Well, in the US, haven't gotten to Hawaii, the Dakotas, Kansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. 
Nothing in South America, Africa or SE Asia.  Not that I have any interest in South America or Africa, but Japan would be interesting.
I have not been to the Dakotas or Hawaii myself but made your other ones.  Nothing to see in OK or KS!  And despite many claims there is a lot better bbq than KC!  New Mexico is interestingly different I guess is a way to describe it.  Lots of hippies  in Santa Fe!  Only Caribbean Islands, Mexico and Europe for me outside the U.S unless you count California as outside as it should be.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2015, 09:23:26 AM »

Is it Friday?
Got them most everywhere.  Skeeters can't be any worse than they are in the northeast (worse the further north you go) and the northern central states.  Just have to deal with them for a shorter time.
Skeeters are bad everywhere I think, even in Alaska.   

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2015, 09:24:05 AM »

Is it Friday?
And to think some people ripped into me for talking negatively about the Pelican State.
Don't worry the day is not over yet and tomorrow is Tuesday.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:22 AM »

I was occupied for 30 minutes this morning with Amazon, they are good 95% of the time but when you do have a problem it is a f;n nightmare to deal with them because they have such shitty communications.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2015, 09:45:26 AM »

The Commies are Rallying!

STARBUCKS CEO URGED TO CHALLENGE HILLARY!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »

Mayor T is sure laying low or stuck in a donut hole maybe.  No posts yesterday and no posts since the flip.  Hellloooo Mayor you out there somewhere?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2015, 09:50:39 AM »

Meeting Time >:(

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2015, 10:09:17 AM »

Is it Friday?
Does anybody else share a bad attitude?
Fixed it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2015, 10:19:55 AM »

Is it Friday?
Worse I think.  In the more northern states where they only live 1-2 months or so, they will suck you dry. 

sfish

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2015, 10:27:52 AM »

Is it Friday?
Worse I think.  In the more northern states where they only live 1-2 months or so, they will suck you dry.
Sounds like a girl I dated
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18