CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: 7/15/2015  (Read 18121 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/15/2015
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2015, 02:46:12 PM »

Ah, well. Back to the salt mine. Enjoy it!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »

on my way into work, i get to look across the Delaware river and see the Salem nuclear power plant which looks like it's only a mile or 2 away as the sober crow flies.  seeing the storm references brought back this mornings heart stopper (to me anyway) i was at a red light looking straight ahead and directly in front of me is the cooling tower for Salem.  i could see clouds all around, but it wasn't storming.  all of a sudden the sky around the cooling tower lit up with a blue flash (no bolt of lightning mind you) and it looked like an electric blue halo all around the cooling tower.  i was caught between panicking and figuring what the hell, i'd never see the 2nd flash when i realized it was lightning.  i've seen lightning before, but just the way it flashed around that tower.....
Would rather never go through THAT again.
Let me leave you with a happy image to calm your nerves...
That would have BEEN calming put against what I saw.  I know I'm from the 50's/60's era when we were all going to die tomorrow in a nuclear holocaust, and yes, it marked me, but I have to tell you, the electronic blue flash, the brightness of it and the fact it was all around this tower....
My ex moved up here the week before the TMI meltdown.  While there was not direct visual, news reports and all made it almost worse...because it WAS happening.
My first job out of college was with GPU Nuclear, the owners of TMI.  I've actually visited the facility a number of times.
Must be why your hair fell out and your head glows! :)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2015, 02:46:54 PM »

on my way into work, i get to look across the Delaware river and see the Salem nuclear power plant which looks like it's only a mile or 2 away as the sober crow flies.  seeing the storm references brought back this mornings heart stopper (to me anyway) i was at a red light looking straight ahead and directly in front of me is the cooling tower for Salem.  i could see clouds all around, but it wasn't storming.  all of a sudden the sky around the cooling tower lit up with a blue flash (no bolt of lightning mind you) and it looked like an electric blue halo all around the cooling tower.  i was caught between panicking and figuring what the hell, i'd never see the 2nd flash when i realized it was lightning.  i've seen lightning before, but just the way it flashed around that tower.....
That would have BEEN calming put against what I saw.  I know I'm from the 50's/60's era when we were all going to die tomorrow in a nuclear holocaust, and yes, it marked me, but I have to tell you, the electronic blue flash, the brightness of it and the fact it was all around this tower....
My ex moved up here the week before the TMI meltdown.  While there was not direct visual, news reports and all made it almost worse...because it WAS happening.
oh, I remember it well.  had a little rally in D.C. about that very subject not long after it happened. 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2015, 02:47:39 PM »

Ok, Mine lots of salt then, we use it in everything.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »

Later BS

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »

be nice if they'd mercy kill these Rubicons.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2015, 02:55:11 PM »

My first job out of college was with GPU Nuclear, the owners of TMI.  I've actually visited the facility a number of times.
The hair is obvious.  The glowing head however, was supposed to remain private.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »

Fish posted a picture of it on here, hell pretty widely known to all.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2015, 03:05:05 PM »

Fish posted a picture of it on here, hell pretty widely known to all.
That was NJDave's and it was boring and white.  Mine glows.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2015, 03:37:33 PM »

interesting,  having a hard time refreshing this site.  i can join, and post, but when I refresh, it comes back with server not found or busy and drops off.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »

interesting,  having a hard time refreshing this site.  i can join, and post, but when I refresh, it comes back with server not found or busy and drops off.
Interesting.  I haven't experienced that but will look into it.

sfish

« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2015, 03:47:41 PM »

These Black Ops are hanging around longer than Tony's hairline

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2015, 03:49:26 PM »

Could just be high traffic.  i'll let you know if it persists.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2015, 03:50:24 PM »

Probably has something to do with Scott lurking.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2015, 03:59:04 PM »

Probably has something to do with Scott lurking.
more likely than not.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13