« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »

So...San Francisco has dubbed itself a "sanctuary city" and has a law requiring it to ignore detain requests from the Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement service.  That's why in April they released the illegal that accidentally shot a woman on the Embarcadero over the weekend.

On the other hand, turns out the gun the sumbitch found on the pier wrapped in a shirt belonged to a Federal agent.

We're from the government.  We're here to help.
The Northwest is all fucked up.
Yes, but that ain't the Northwest.

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2015, 11:29:59 AM »

For those of you keeping score at home... A well was installed in the front yard of my rental property yesterday, where the oil tank used to be.  They'll test the water periodically.  Hoping the first test is good and I'm able to close on the house soon afterwards.
So you're getting out of the slumlord game?
Been trying to for 10 years now.
Well, here's hoping for ya.

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2015, 11:30:34 AM »

So...San Francisco has dubbed itself a "sanctuary city" and has a law requiring it to ignore detain requests from the Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement service.  That's why in April they released the illegal that accidentally shot a woman on the Embarcadero over the weekend.

On the other hand, turns out the gun the sumbitch found on the pier wrapped in a shirt belonged to a Federal agent.

We're from the government.  We're here to help.
The Northwest is all fucked up.
Yes, but that ain't the Northwest.
Sure it is.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/8/2015
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »

For those of you keeping score at home... A well was installed in the front yard of my rental property yesterday, where the oil tank used to be.  They'll test the water periodically.  Hoping the first test is good and I'm able to close on the house soon afterwards.

So, I guess there is another means of heat since you didn't replace the oil tank? And what will you use this well for... irrigating the sidewalk?
The oil tank was replaced with an above ground one.  The well is an EPA thing.  Not used for anything but testing the water periodically.

Ah, they put in it the crawl space/basement? Guess you did that before the problem with the underground one 'surfaced'.

So, what is the score anyway? Tony vs. The Bill... probably not pretty
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/8/2015
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2015, 11:34:20 AM »

So...San Francisco has dubbed itself a "sanctuary city" and has a law requiring it to ignore detain requests from the Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement service.  That's why in April they released the illegal that accidentally shot a woman on the Embarcadero over the weekend.

On the other hand, turns out the gun the sumbitch found on the pier wrapped in a shirt belonged to a Federal agent.

We're from the government.  We're here to help.
The Northwest is all fucked up.
Yes, but that ain't the Northwest.

Only saw part of this story this morning. Wasn't this guy deported multiple times? That couldn't happen. 'Murica!

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2015, 11:38:27 AM »

For those of you keeping score at home... A well was installed in the front yard of my rental property yesterday, where the oil tank used to be.  They'll test the water periodically.  Hoping the first test is good and I'm able to close on the house soon afterwards.

So, I guess there is another means of heat since you didn't replace the oil tank? And what will you use this well for... irrigating the sidewalk?
The oil tank was replaced with an above ground one.  The well is an EPA thing.  Not used for anything but testing the water periodically.

Ah, they put in it the crawl space/basement? Guess you did that before the problem with the underground one 'surfaced'.

So, what is the score anyway? Tony vs. The Bill... probably not pretty
The above ground tank had to be installed as a result of the leaky tank test.  By law, you have to install the new tank before you can dig up the old one.  I could have converted to gas too but that would have been a furnace replacement and a lot more money.  Bill?  I've only paid the insurance's deductible so far.  Don't know what the final bill will turn out to be.  Depends on how many water tests have to be done.  If it comes back contaminated, they skim the oil off the top and try again in 2 weeks.  Can't be more than the $20B BP spill right?

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »

So...San Francisco has dubbed itself a "sanctuary city" and has a law requiring it to ignore detain requests from the Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement service.  That's why in April they released the illegal that accidentally shot a woman on the Embarcadero over the weekend.

On the other hand, turns out the gun the sumbitch found on the pier wrapped in a shirt belonged to a Federal agent.

We're from the government.  We're here to help.
The Northwest is all fucked up.
Yes, but that ain't the Northwest.
Sure it is.
The very loosest definition of the Pacific Northwest - "Cascadia" - includes the Cascade Range, which ends in the north in British Columbia and the south in far northern California, way north of San Francisco.  San Francisco is far closer to Central California than to the Northwest.  Since we can't claim British Columbia, we aren't required to include California.  So...the PNW is Oregon, Washington and Idaho...and everyone else can GFY.

« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2015, 11:44:13 AM »

So...San Francisco has dubbed itself a "sanctuary city" and has a law requiring it to ignore detain requests from the Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement service.  That's why in April they released the illegal that accidentally shot a woman on the Embarcadero over the weekend.

On the other hand, turns out the gun the sumbitch found on the pier wrapped in a shirt belonged to a Federal agent.

We're from the government.  We're here to help.
The Northwest is all fucked up.
Yes, but that ain't the Northwest.

Only saw part of this story this morning. Wasn't this guy deported multiple times? That couldn't happen. 'Murica!
Five times.  And he was held in April on a 20-year-old drug charge, that the city dropped.

We aren't talkin' 'Murica here.  We're talking the People's Republic of Kalifornia.

« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2015, 11:47:21 AM »

[...]

;D
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/8/2015
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »

[...]

So, is there any limit to how many times they can test? And once you test clean, you're fine... or ten years from now, you could still be responsible?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/8/2015
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2015, 12:04:15 PM »

So...San Francisco has dubbed itself a "sanctuary city" and has a law requiring it to ignore detain requests from the Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement service.  That's why in April they released the illegal that accidentally shot a woman on the Embarcadero over the weekend.

On the other hand, turns out the gun the sumbitch found on the pier wrapped in a shirt belonged to a Federal agent.

We're from the government.  We're here to help.
The Northwest is all fucked up.
Yes, but that ain't the Northwest.

Only saw part of this story this morning. Wasn't this guy deported multiple times? That couldn't happen. 'Murica!
Five times.  And he was held in April on a 20-year-old drug charge, that the city dropped.

We aren't talkin' 'Murica here.  We're talking the People's Republic of Kalifornia.

True. and more specifically, San Francisco.

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »

[...]

Two consecutive clean tests and I'm off the hook.

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2015, 12:11:59 PM »

[...]

So the well is to test groundwater, not for water that is potable or the house will use in any way.
or sa Sarah Palin would say: "Drill, baby Drill!".  speaking of Drill, anybody see that new show, "The Whispers" on ABC?
oh and good afternoon all.  Lunch time - got to go get some cheeses from the fridge, and a jar of F.R.O.G. preserves....

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2015, 12:15:33 PM »

So the well is to test groundwater, not for water that is potable or the house will use in any way.
or sa Sarah Palin would say: "Drill, baby Drill!".  speaking of Drill, anybody see that new show, "The Whispers" on ABC?
oh and good afternoon all.  Lunch time - got to go get some cheeses from the fridge, and a jar of F.R.O.G. preserves....
Good day, Mr. Flip.  Yes, just for testing the groundwater.  Haven't seen the ABC show.  Is it worth a look?

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »