CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: 7/8/2015  (Read 21273 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/8/2015
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2015, 01:40:22 PM »

Where's Birthday Bean today?

Enjoying the buffet Buffy at the strip club?
Fixed it for you.

It was quite the spread...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »

And this is just priceless.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/07/08/tom-selleck-stealing-water-for-calif-ranch/

Obviously, he should pay a fine, but I'm not sure 25K would be enough. Avocados are expensive!

If they are gonna enforce the issue, they gotta make it hurt and not worth the risk.

On a secondary note, I've seen plenty of folks fill their pools off a hydrant to avoid paying, but that's not during a drought, and it's probably only $500 worth... but still.
Well, I like the guy - we have very similar political views, which I can't say about most celebrities.  But I detest rich celebrities acting entitled.

What actually qualifies as a celebrity anymore is the real crime. lol
Not much has changed in the past 200 years, except celebrities used to be better dressed and have better pictures taken.  There was a boatload of ridiculous shit went on in the Golden age of Hollywood.

NO. I'm talking about the reality tv craze. People like Honey Boo Boo, Hollywood Hillbillies or some other dumbassery that somehow makes 'stars' out of idiots. How 'bout yesterday's story about Jared from Subway... you think he's worth celebrity status?
He's worth a substantial prison ass raping, if what he's being accused of is true.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2015, 01:44:24 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/07/08/tom-selleck-stealing-water-for-calif-ranch/

Obviously, he should pay a fine, but I'm not sure 25K would be enough. Avocados are expensive!

If they are gonna enforce the issue, they gotta make it hurt and not worth the risk.

On a secondary note, I've seen plenty of folks fill their pools off a hydrant to avoid paying, but that's not during a drought, and it's probably only $500 worth... but still.
Well, I like the guy - we have very similar political views, which I can't say about most celebrities.  But I detest rich celebrities acting entitled.

Not much has changed in the past 200 years, except celebrities used to be better dressed and have better pictures taken.  There was a boatload of ridiculous shit went on in the Golden age of Hollywood.

NO. I'm talking about the reality tv craze. People like Honey Boo Boo, Hollywood Hillbillies or some other dumbassery that somehow makes 'stars' out of idiots. How 'bout yesterday's story about Jared from Subway... you think he's worth celebrity status?
  You're asking the wrong guy.  I don't think anyone deserves celebrity status.  I don't think celebrity is a status.  It's just a phenomena, and there are no qualifications for it.  Yes, there are some talented and intelligent people who happen to be celebrities, but celebrity is a measurement of nothing except whether someone can make money on your ass.

In other words, celebrity is nothing but prostitution. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2015, 01:46:03 PM »

He's worth a substantial prison ass raping, if what he's being accused of is true.

True. The fact that he has disassociated himself from the 'friend' has apparently appeased the media for now.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2015, 01:48:47 PM »

You're asking the wrong guy.  I don't think anyone deserves celebrity status.  I don't think celebrity is a status.  It's just a phenomena, and there are no qualifications for it.  Yes, there are some talented and intelligent people who happen to be celebrities, but celebrity is a measurement of nothing except whether someone can make money on your ass.

In other words, celebrity is nothing but prostitution.

Well said

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »

Well, in TxDave's absence, I will post this police/gun related story...

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-faces-life-prison-utah-deputys-death-074222306.html

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2015, 01:57:14 PM »

I'm an entitled celebrity in my own mind....does that count?

You're a lot of things in your own mind, but let's not talk about your love life.
Yea, that about sums it up.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2015, 01:58:28 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »

sfish

« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2015, 02:19:09 PM »

Hazzuh!  ;D

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2015, 02:22:27 PM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2015, 02:23:07 PM »

Fishy beatin' Mr. Hazzuh out the door.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2015, 02:24:04 PM »

Fishy beatin' Mr. Hazzuh out the door.
I hear his wife has the same problem with him finishing too early. At least, that's what she says in the FB group. ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2015, 02:24:14 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15