CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: 5/6/2015  (Read 30738 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 5/6/2015
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »

Afternoon, all. Seems kinda quiet. Everyone still nursing their tequila hangovers?

Hey there, Steve.  Don't need a reason to drink, personally.  The booze was flowing last night.
Had a couple fat gin and tonics myself, then paid for it when my dog had to go out at 1AM to drop a deuce
Just admit you shit in your backyard and move on, don't blame the dog.
CNS, funny story is that really early on you have no time to get to the dog once he whines so I was outside at 4:45AM trying not to piss my pants until he got done

You guys need to bond and piss together.  ;D
Doesn't want the dog to snicker at him.

sfish

« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2015, 01:36:38 PM »

Afternoon, all. Seems kinda quiet. Everyone still nursing their tequila hangovers?

Hey there, Steve.  Don't need a reason to drink, personally.  The booze was flowing last night.
Had a couple fat gin and tonics myself, then paid for it when my dog had to go out at 1AM to drop a deuce

Least he's not dropping it in your slipper. I have one bad memory of skating across the kitchen floor. It was dark. I wasn't awake yet. Sure, I can laugh now, but at the time, I wanted to kill that damn dog... I love that damn dog. haha
Well we're crate training him so no accidents on the floor but I think the crate was getting too small for him so I moved the divider this morning. Fine line between enough and too much room when crate training

Thankfully, we dodged a bullet with all of that, our rescue dog came house trained.  She's fine in the crate all night, too.  Too much of a chewer to let her out just yet, and she seems to like her 'safe place' away from the kids at times.
I wouldn't have minded that and true puppies are a rarity with the rescue we used but he was the breed I wanted. Still have to keep him restricted, he gets goofy with too much space just yet. He's still only 13-14 weeks at this point

The shelter guessed nine months when we took the dog home, but a vet visit estimated it closer to 14 months, so I guess it's not all that surprising.  It's a boxer/beagle mix, so it's quite the combo of energy, curiosity, cleverness, and destructiveness.  If it were up to me, she'd stay in the crate for the next 10 years.
Nice combo for kids and temperment, mine's a Beagle/Jack Russell Terrier mix...damn those Beagles are sluts!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »

Least he's not dropping it in your slipper. I have one bad memory of skating across the kitchen floor. It was dark. I wasn't awake yet. Sure, I can laugh now, but at the time, I wanted to kill that damn dog... I love that damn dog. haha
Well we're crate training him so no accidents on the floor but I think the crate was getting too small for him so I moved the divider this morning. Fine line between enough and too much room when crate training

Thankfully, we dodged a bullet with all of that, our rescue dog came house trained.  She's fine in the crate all night, too.  Too much of a chewer to let her out just yet, and she seems to like her 'safe place' away from the kids at times.
Been looking for a safe place away from the wife and kids for myself.
I've got a few extra bedrooms, anytime.  Not far from the Hamilton train station.
Good to know.  Does the offer still stand if you move to SC?
Indeed it does.  Train ride on the Crescent is a bit long however.

sfish

« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2015, 01:37:06 PM »

CNS, funny story is that really early on you have no time to get to the dog once he whines so I was outside at 4:45AM trying not to piss my pants until he got done

You guys need to bond and piss together.  ;D
Doesn't want the dog to snicker at him.
Or go after it like it's a Snausage

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2015, 01:39:58 PM »

sfish

« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2015, 01:40:04 PM »

I wouldn't have minded that and true puppies are a rarity with the rescue we used but he was the breed I wanted. Still have to keep him restricted, he gets goofy with too much space just yet. He's still only 13-14 weeks at this point

The shelter guessed nine months when we took the dog home, but a vet visit estimated it closer to 14 months, so I guess it's not all that surprising.  It's a boxer/beagle mix, so it's quite the combo of energy, curiosity, cleverness, and destructiveness.  If it were up to me, she'd stay in the crate for the next 10 years.
We got ours at 9 weeks so he was as young as can be but he was always comfortable in a crate so that helped

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2015, 01:41:40 PM »

Nice combo for kids and temperment, mine's a Beagle/Jack Russell Terrier mix...damn those Beagles are sluts!

Lol, apparently. Show a little restraint, damn.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2015, 01:43:17 PM »

nope, I made the mistake of leaving the Just Grapes sangarita, to head to "El Norte"
i was told via FB they were having many specials, and two different bevies of Tequila shot girls.
at 6:45pm you couldn't get into the parking lot from the highway...  those tequila girls should have car pooled!
What's a bevie/bevy?  Is that metric?
a bevy of beauties... like a tower of giraffes or flock of sheep  or a murder of crows....

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »

nope, I made the mistake of leaving the Just Grapes sangarita, to head to "El Norte"
i was told via FB they were having many specials, and two different bevies of Tequila shot girls.
at 6:45pm you couldn't get into the parking lot from the highway...  those tequila girls should have car pooled!

I can believe it. Too many folks go ape shit just because the date. Like the fools that crowd up all the good Irish bars just because it's St. Patrick's Day. We did just fine without you there the other 364 days... give or take a day. Like Mother's Day. I predict every breakfast/lunch/brunch restaurant will be packed around the corner Sunday afternoon. Nothing says I love you Mom like an hour wait in line... sheesh

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »

Afternoon Raz and Steve

Afternoon. MayBeInNJDave. Box of MCII's arrived yesterday. Makes for @ half gross... Also, added in 10 MCI pc singles... guess I can stop for now.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2015, 01:50:13 PM »

Yeah, too much room and the warden will shove your ass in  there too.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »

Afternoon B.S.

Howdy, Dave. Appreciate the PM this weekend. Was a great deal, but didn't 'pull the trigger'. Keep 'em coming though. Always on the lookout.
That was a super deal!  Even had the Raz approval.
That's not usually considered a plus.
True but when it applies to gun deals it has value.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2015, 01:52:25 PM »

Pee in the back yard like i do.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2015, 01:53:21 PM »

What's a bevie/bevy?  Is that metric?
a bevy of beauties... like a tower of giraffes or flock of sheep  or a murder of crows....

Just another [editor's red pen] moment, Flip

Bevy or Bevies. Never Bevie

The more you know... Cue the pic, Golf

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2015, 01:54:27 PM »

Afternoon B.S.

Howdy, Dave. Appreciate the PM this weekend. Was a great deal, but didn't 'pull the trigger'. Keep 'em coming though. Always on the lookout.
That was a super deal!  Even had the Raz approval.
That's not usually considered a plus.
True but when it applies to gun deals it has value.
Well, a bit easier to recognize and keep track of gun deals than cigar or booze deals.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21