« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »

Morning, all.  Nice herf last night, even nicer for Sauce to blow us off.  Sheesh.
Too bad, at least he might show up at our NJ herf next week
Not likely, he'll still be in San Diego.
I know, I was making fun of Tony
I just can't believe that....

Quote from: Travellin Dave on April 01, 2015, 09:54:57 AM
Quote from: sfish on April 01, 2015, 09:54:19 AM
Quote from: Travellin Dave on April 01, 2015, 09:53:03 AM
Quote from: Threebean on April 01, 2015, 09:40:48 AM
Quote from: Travellin Dave on April 01, 2015, 09:39:13 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Dean, Bean, Yellowstar, Fishy and Mr. Mayor.
Morning CADave.  You and wacky enjoy your stroll on the beach last night?
Had hoped to make it a threesome, but Sauce blew us off.
Too bad but not a shocker
May have better luck next week.
He hinted that he might show up?

« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2015, 11:54:57 AM »

Morning, all.  Nice herf last night, even nicer for Sauce to blow us off.  Sheesh.
Too bad, at least he might show up at our NJ herf next week

Had an interesting combo of beers last night.  Started with the Victory at Sea, moved on to Green Flash Double Stout after being told they were out of SinTax, and couldn't help myself and finished with Alpine Nelson.

Smoked a 2015 EPC Short Run and a Pudgy Monsters Tiff.
Opinion on the 2015 EPC?

It's OK.  Not as good as the '11/'12/'13 to me.  It started really cedary.  Maybe pepper.  It would get a little creamy, and at the halfway point I thought it was really going to take off, but instead it went flat.

It's better than the average cigar, for sure, but I'll smoke through the rest of my five pack before deciding on any further purchases.
It appears we agree.  FYI, Joe had the robusto, I had the toro.

Disappointed is a good word.  Not because it was bad but because it didn't live up to expectations, nothing about it really stood out.  Maybe some down time will change that.
Maybe I'll just buy a couple more 10-packs of the 2013.  They're still on clearance at CI for $29.93.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2015, 11:55:24 AM »

Morning, all.  Nice herf last night, even nicer for Sauce to blow us off.  Sheesh.
Too bad, at least he might show up at our NJ herf next week

Had an interesting combo of beers last night.  Started with the Victory at Sea, moved on to Green Flash Double Stout after being told they were out of SinTax, and couldn't help myself and finished with Alpine Nelson.

Smoked a 2015 EPC Short Run and a Pudgy Monsters Tiff.
Must have sucked to hear they were out of sintax, how was the green flash?

I enjoy the Green Flash Double Stout quite a bit, a nice go-to stout that is pretty widely available.
I've seen it out here and I really like their IPA

I think you'd like it. Almost tastes chocolatey but I don't believe it's brewed with any, unless they just don't say it outright. Think it's somewhere between 8-9% ABV, too.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 4/1/2015
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2015, 11:59:35 AM »

CLE Cuarenta coronas mashing
Not a great price, but at least it comes with non-commie free shipping!
Not great but not bad @15/$50
Excluded from catsrule.  Is there another discount I missed?
There is a $10 off mash coupon but I can't find it...anyone?

MCPNSAV10... it will work for those.

Morning, All

« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »

CLE Cuarenta coronas mashing
Not a great price, but at least it comes with non-commie free shipping!
Not great but not bad @15/$50
Excluded from catsrule.  Is there another discount I missed?
There is a $10 off mash coupon but I can't find it...anyone?

MCPNSAV10... it will work for those.

Morning, All
Indeed it does, there you go Raz, thanks Steve and good morning

« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:45 PM »

Morning, all.  Nice herf last night, even nicer for Sauce to blow us off.  Sheesh.
Too bad, at least he might show up at our NJ herf next week

Had an interesting combo of beers last night.  Started with the Victory at Sea, moved on to Green Flash Double Stout after being told they were out of SinTax, and couldn't help myself and finished with Alpine Nelson.

Smoked a 2015 EPC Short Run and a Pudgy Monsters Tiff.
Must have sucked to hear they were out of sintax, how was the green flash?

I enjoy the Green Flash Double Stout quite a bit, a nice go-to stout that is pretty widely available.
I've seen it out here and I really like their IPA

I think you'd like it. Almost tastes chocolatey but I don't believe it's brewed with any, unless they just don't say it outright. Think it's somewhere between 8-9% ABV, too.
Sounds pretty good, right in the old wheelhouse

« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »

CLE Cuarenta coronas mashing
Not a great price, but at least it comes with non-commie free shipping!
Not great but not bad @15/$50
Excluded from catsrule.  Is there another discount I missed?
There is a $10 off mash coupon but I can't find it...anyone?

MCPNSAV10... it will work for those.

Morning, All
Good morning Steve and anyone else I missed
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 4/1/2015
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »

Morning, all.  Nice herf last night, even nicer for Sauce to blow us off.  Sheesh.
Too bad, at least he might show up at our NJ herf next week

Had an interesting combo of beers last night.  Started with the Victory at Sea, moved on to Green Flash Double Stout after being told they were out of SinTax, and couldn't help myself and finished with Alpine Nelson.

Smoked a 2015 EPC Short Run and a Pudgy Monsters Tiff.
Must have sucked to hear they were out of sintax, how was the green flash?

I enjoy the Green Flash Double Stout quite a bit, a nice go-to stout that is pretty widely available.
I've seen it out here and I really like their IPA

I think you'd like it. Almost tastes chocolatey but I don't believe it's brewed with any, unless they just don't say it outright. Think it's somewhere between 8-9% ABV, too.

Here's one for ya, Joe. +12%... You may have already tried it, but it's new out here.

Goes down a lot smoother than one would think at that ABV.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/150933/

Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/1/2015
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2015, 12:06:25 PM »

CLE Cuarenta coronas mashing
Not a great price, but at least it comes with non-commie free shipping!
Not great but not bad @15/$50
Excluded from catsrule.  Is there another discount I missed?
There is a $10 off mash coupon but I can't find it...anyone?

MCPNSAV10... it will work for those.

Morning, All
good afternoon Steve.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 4/1/2015
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »

CLE Cuarenta coronas mashing
Not a great price, but at least it comes with non-commie free shipping!
Not great but not bad @15/$50
Excluded from catsrule.  Is there another discount I missed?
There is a $10 off mash coupon but I can't find it...anyone?

MCPNSAV10... it will work for those.

Morning, All
Indeed it does, there you go Raz, thanks Steve and good morning

Hey, Scott. Gotta say, for as little importance as it is to the initial purchase, the actual box for the MCII PC's was pretty impressive. I was surprised by how heavy it was. Gonna give it 'til Friday to sample one.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/1/2015
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »

ok, thanks to heavy enabling, proud owner of 15 cle corona's.  thanks to all who helped me accomplish this fete.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 4/1/2015
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »

CLE Cuarenta coronas mashing
Not a great price, but at least it comes with non-commie free shipping!
Not great but not bad @15/$50
Excluded from catsrule.  Is there another discount I missed?
There is a $10 off mash coupon but I can't find it...anyone?

MCPNSAV10... it will work for those.

Morning, All
Good morning Steve and anyone else I missed

Howdy, Shawney... oops. sorry, that was my guess to Bret's Wheel of Fortune puzzle.  ;)

« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2015, 12:11:51 PM »

[...]

That looks good

« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2015, 12:12:15 PM »

ok, thanks to heavy enabling, proud owner of 15 cle corona's.  thanks to all who helped me accomplish this fete.
Nice purchase Sammy

« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2015, 12:13:08 PM »

CLE Cuarenta coronas mashing
Not a great price, but at least it comes with non-commie free shipping!
Not great but not bad @15/$50
Excluded from catsrule.  Is there another discount I missed?
There is a $10 off mash coupon but I can't find it...anyone?

MCPNSAV10... it will work for those.

Morning, All
Indeed it does, there you go Raz, thanks Steve and good morning

Hey, Scott. Gotta say, for as little importance as it is to the initial purchase, the actual box for the MCII PC's was pretty impressive. I was surprised by how heavy it was. Gonna give it 'til Friday to sample one.
Nice, one of the cigars I was most impressed with last year