CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: 4/1/2015  (Read 43945 times)

sfish

Re: 4/1/2015
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2015, 11:35:55 AM »

Morning, all.  Nice herf last night, even nicer for Sauce to blow us off.  Sheesh.
Too bad, at least he might show up at our NJ herf next week
Not likely, he'll still be in San Diego.
I know, I was making fun of Tony

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2015, 11:36:16 AM »

Morning, all.  Nice herf last night, even nicer for Sauce to blow us off.  Sheesh.

Had an interesting combo of beers last night.  Started with the Victory at Sea, moved on to Green Flash Double Stout after being told they were out of SinTax, and couldn't help myself and finished with Alpine Nelson. 

Smoked a 2015 EPC Short Run and a Pudgy Monsters Tiff.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2015, 11:38:59 AM »

Had an interesting combo of beers last night.  Started with the Victory at Sea, moved on to Green Flash Double Stout after being told they were out of SinTax, and couldn't help myself and finished with Alpine Nelson. 

sounds good...

sfish

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »

CLE Cuarenta coronas mashing
Not a great price, but at least it comes with non-commie free shipping!
Not great but not bad @15/$50
Excluded from catsrule.  Is there another discount I missed?
There is a $10 off mash coupon but I can't find it...anyone?

sfish

« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »

Must have sucked to hear they were out of sintax, how was the green flash?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »

Opinion on the 2015 EPC?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2015, 11:43:35 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Dean, Bean, Yellowstar, Fishy and Mr. Mayor.
Morning CADave.  You and wacky enjoy your stroll on the beach last night?
Had hoped to make it a threesome, but Sauce blew us off.
Too bad but not a shocker
May have better luck next week.
He hinted that he might show up?
In San Diego.  I will be out again Monday -Wed.
Ahhh.  Thought you were saying that he was gonna show up on the 9th.  Should have known better.
That would be too much excitement....with a Flip appearance already...
Looks likely I'll be out there for the NJ herf next week, boys, so no white whale appearances, please.
Becoming quite the event
The place to be indeed!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2015, 11:44:16 AM »

I enjoy the Green Flash Double Stout quite a bit, a nice go-to stout that is pretty widely available. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2015, 11:45:53 AM »

Opinion on the 2015 EPC?

It's OK.  Not as good as the '11/'12/'13 to me.  It started really cedary.  Maybe pepper.  It would get a little creamy, and at the halfway point I thought it was really going to take off, but instead it went flat.

It's better than the average cigar, for sure, but I'll smoke through the rest of my five pack before deciding on any further purchases. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2015, 11:46:28 AM »

Opinion on the 2015 EPC?
I guess in a word, disappointed.  Started out with some hints of spice, decent cedar and an overall sweetness.  Throughout the first half, there continued to be suggestions of flavors and directions the stick might take, but it never did.  Last third was pretty flat.  Just my take of course.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »

Opinion on the 2015 EPC?

It's OK.  Not as good as the '11/'12/'13 to me.  It started really cedary.  Maybe pepper.  It would get a little creamy, and at the halfway point I thought it was really going to take off, but instead it went flat.

It's better than the average cigar, for sure, but I'll smoke through the rest of my five pack before deciding on any further purchases.
It appears we agree.  FYI, Joe had the robusto, I had the toro.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »

Not likely, he'll still be in San Diego.
I know, I was making fun of Tony
I just can't believe that....

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »

Opinion on the 2015 EPC?

Disappointed is a good word.  Not because it was bad but because it didn't live up to expectations, nothing about it really stood out.  Maybe some down time will change that.

sfish

« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2015, 11:50:42 AM »

I enjoy the Green Flash Double Stout quite a bit, a nice go-to stout that is pretty widely available.
I've seen it out here and I really like their IPA

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »

Opinion on the 2015 EPC?

But that's like a toro to him anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23